It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butter vs Ghee vs `Plant Butter'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Lately i've been hearing ghee is healthier than butter.And that it stores better anyway.

But most ghee even sold in North America, Europe, or Australia is imported from India. And butter of course, from more local source. Which may make ghee in anglo parts worse in the carbon footprint karma! =/

So what about plant butter? Its vegan, not imported, and animal-cruelty free; possibly higher in prana/vibration of the three.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pressident

Make your own ghee. Just look it up, there are recipes all over the place.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Try some Miyokos butter. Its some of the best tasting butters ever, and its vegan. It tastes great!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Where can I get a little barfing icon to use for plant butter

I like cows, I like milk even though I am allergic to it. I never get much of a reaction to butter, because butter has antihistamine properties, most fats do. I will eat margarine if I have no other option, but I know it is not good for me if it is made from soybean oil, when we switched most of our oil to corn oil for cooking both the wife and I both felt better. We switched to shortening made from meat fats with a little bit of plant fats instead of vegetable shortening, and the pies and crusts taste better and bother us less when we eat them.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I don't understand why butter isn't vegan, it does not contain any meat and it is made by a vegan and is made to feed a vegan calf.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pressident
Lately i've been hearing ghee is healthier than butter.And that it stores better anyway.

But most ghee even sold in North America, Europe, or Australia is imported from India. And butter of course, from more local source. Which may make ghee in anglo parts worse in the carbon footprint karma! =/

So what about plant butter? Its vegan, not imported, and animal-cruelty free; possibly higher in prana/vibration of the three.

Do you know that ghee comes from basically distilling real butter down to its fatty essence? Its higher in fat, but is better for cooking since its smoke point is 400 F compared to real butter at 250 F.

What is plant butter outside of condensing something like olive oil... So why not just cook with olive oil that also has about a 400 F smoke point? Plus have you ever mix extra-virgin olive oil with 20 year old balsamic vinegar and dip fresh baked french bread in it with a glass of fine red wine...food of the Gods is only how I can describe it.

I think the rule of thumb is oils that are still liquid at room temperature are better for you over all.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't understand why butter isn't vegan, it does not contain any meat and it is made by a vegan and is made to feed a vegan calf.

At our farm and all neighbors, the cows are grain fed but also supplement fed cat/dog food byproduct daily! called kibble/crumbles - which contains ground up chicken pork & BEEF bones brains etc

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Dairy isn't considered vegan

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Avocado oil has one of the highest smoke points
edit on 25-2-2020 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Damn it! We are taking that milk from the baby cows...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Is'nt plant butter what we use to call margarine? Poormans butter.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

And feeds cancer...

ETA... it feeds sarcomas, which has a secondary uptake if it can't find glucose which is a little different from most forms of cancer.

So not all cancers... sorry.

My wife has a type of sarcoma so I always freak out when I see anything with avocado oil in it.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Considering I just put a cigarette in an ashtray so that I have both hands free to type, and that I just finished a rum and diet coke full of aspartame which agonizes NMDA receptors, causing glutamate excitotoxicity..

Thus, aspartame acts as an agonist of glutamate on the NMDA receptor (Fountain et al., 1988). ... It can be released from the astrocytes as GABA or it can be reabsorbed into the neuron as glutamine (for conversion into either glutamate or GABA).

Ethanol is an antagonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) glutamate receptor. Ethanol dependence upregulates NMDA receptors and contributes to crosstolerance with selective NMDA receptor antagonists in animals.

But then..

Rationale
The antidepressant action of acute nicotine administration in clinical and animal studies is well recognized. But the underlying mechanism for this effect has not been carefully discovered.

Objectives
We attempted to evaluate the possible role of N-Methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in the antidepressant-like effect of nicotine.

Results
Nicotine (0.2 mg/kg, 30 min before FST/TST) significantly reduced the immobility time of mice similar to fluoxetine (20 mg/kg). Nicotine did not affect the locomotor behavior of mice in open-field test. Co-administration of non-effective doses of NMDA receptor antagonists, ketamine (1 or 0.3 mg/kg), MK-801 (0.05 or 0.005 mg/kg), and magnesium sulfate (10 or 5 mg/kg) with nicotine (0.1 or 0.03 mg/kg) had remarkable synergistic antidepressant effect in both FST and TST. Also, non-effective NMDA (75 or 30 mg/kg) reversed the anti-immobility effect of nicotine (0.2 mg/kg) on mouse FST and TST.

Conclusions
Our study has for the first time confirmed that the antidepressant-like effect of nicotine on mice is NMDA-mediated, and nicotine presumably exerts this effect by antagonizing the glutamatergic NMDA receptors.

It made me consider the effect of butter vs ghee on my health. I know it's all bad for me in some regard, picking the lesser of two evils, so I feel that neither is acceptable for a healthy body and mind.

My diet is meat, cheese, tomato, peppers and a multivitamin; no carbs. I switched sugar for aspartame all in an attempt to stave off a beer belly. Now, I am highly acidic keto perfection and my stools flow with wanton abandon.

Adverbial "with wanton abandon" describes the unrestrained or reckless manner in which factual premises are changed. It does not mean that the premises are changed into "wanton abandon", if that's what you're thinking.

With the amount of water I drink daily and the number of times I clear it via urination and loose defecation, my insides stay clean as a whistle. The science is there. Do you drink enough water? 8 x 12oz = a liter and a half. Picture a 2-liter bottle filled 3/4 of the way up with water. If you don't drink that much every 24hrs, all of your other attempts at improving your health via ingestion are secondary.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Does it taste good like olive oil? It has the highest smoke point of all oils 500+ F...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
Do you drink enough water? 8 x 12oz = a liter and a half. Picture a 2-liter bottle filled 3/4 of the way up with water. If you don't drink that much every 24hrs, all of your other attempts at improving your health via ingestion are secondary.

Does beer count?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Explain that to a calf.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Damn it! We are taking that milk from the baby cows...

Oh thats what VEAL is??

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pressident

originally posted by: rickymouse

At our farm and all neighbors, the cows are grain fed but also supplement fed cat/dog food byproduct daily! called kibble/crumbles - which contains ground up chicken pork & BEEF bones brains etc

Those are cats, not cows. I hope you aren't milking your cats.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

My diet is meat, cheese, tomato, peppers and a multivitamin; no carbs. I switched sugar for aspartame all in an attempt to stave off a beer belly. Now, I am highly acidic keto perfection and my stools flow with wanton abandon.

Cheese, tomato and peppers have carbs, just not a lot of them.

Some meats do as well.

Although tomatoes have a lot of sugar to consider...

Acidity makes you a net electrical negative and if your levels are at a 5.5 or lower you are begging to have some of your cells stop living off of oxygen and start fermenting to live.

Cigarettes help with the oxygen deprivation.

Welcome to cancer.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Ghee is very simple to make. Just takes unsalted butter, time and patience.

And it's yummy for cooking!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join