It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US Kids died of Flu this Season in Decades: CDC Blamed LACK of Vac

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Over 100 Us kids dead already this flu season, setting record going over a decade and more back!

So much for medical advances and insurance! Just an ER treatment for the flu can start at $30K and double daily as long as u stay no matter if the kid lives or dies.

www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2012-2013/children-flu-deaths.htm

^Apparently decades ago more kids got flu vaccinated and thus were saved, than these days, and thats why they're dropping like flies in US?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well they didn't have flu shots when I was a kid. We washed our hands with warm water and soap, and we stayed out of large crowds until the season passed...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pressident

100 is dropping like flies? Little hyperbolic.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The early results of the match on the strain of viruses were bad, but the vaccines were already produced pretty much. So, the effectiveness is probably going to be worse this year for those with flu shots. The CDC will not release the effectiveness till spring, and a lot of vaccinated kids here have had the flu, I don't think the vaccination worked much at all this year.

www.webmd.com...

Remember, half of the people unvaccinated do not get the flu or just get a mild case of it.

The web MD article only mentions the ratio of the match, the overall benefit is not very good, vaccinated people are getting it and passing it around almost as much as unvaccinated people.

I am not an antivaxer, I am just stating they chose the wrong mutation path when they made the vaccine, so this year there will be more sickness than in most of the years. It is a logical guess they take when choosing what way the virus will mutate when making the vaccine. This year they just guessed bad.
edit on 25-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Among children 6 months through 17 years, the percentage receiving ≥1 dose of flu vaccine during the 2018–19 season was 62.6%, which was 4.7 percentage points higher than coverage in the 2017–18 season (57.9%) and 3.6 percentage points higher than coverage in the 2016–17 season (59.0%; Figure 1).Sep 26, 2019

and

While we won't have exact figures until after the flu season is over, the 2019-2020 vaccine is estimated to be 45% effective overall and 55% effective in children.

Early 2019 to 2020 flu activity primarily was driven by influenza B/Victoria viruses, for which the vaccine is not a great match. Now, that flu activity is changing, "an increase in A/H1N1," Schaffner said.Jan 31, 2020

Perhaps the efficacy of the vaccine plays a part?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Some years, the vaccine is a better guess than others.

But you said it was flu B? Of the two strains: flu A and flu B, flu B mutates the quickest and is the hardest to guarantee a good match for in the vaccine. Even with a good match in the vaccine, the shot only reduces the chances you will get infected, it doesn't make you completely immune.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's usually around 30% with adults 19-49 having 20% effectiveness.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

edit on 25070000002 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Your link is 2013, kind of makes this thread wasteland worthy.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

^Apparently decades ago more kids got flu vaccinated and thus were saved, than these days, and thats why they're dropping like flies in US? |

Are you Freakin' Serious ? I Lived " Decades Ago " , and We " Kids " Relied on Our Natural " Immune Systems " to Keep US Healthy . What Has Changed ? .....Hmm....

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The “flu vaccine” are 4 strains that are picked before “flu season”. The Victoria B strain was not even picked (none of It was made for the season or made the quad-shot). The CDC didn’t even bother making any. You can’t go out and get any if wanted to vaccinate your kids.

That is a strain that hits kids really hard. The mortality rate is up over 100% when compared to previous years.

The whole thing makes me mad. Like “why be one size fits all” when it doesn’t. And then you have no options.

There is your “death panel” right there! Future sealed and not a d@mn thing that you can do about it.

There should not be a “one size fits all” vaccine until there is a true universal vaccine for all flu viruses.

My .02 worth.
edit on 25-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Stoopid autocorrectives

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The “flu vaccine” are 4 strains that are picked before “flu season”. The Victoria B strain was not even picked (none of It was made for the season or made the quad-shot). The CDC didn’t even bother making any. You can’t go out and get any if wanted to vaccinate your kids.

That is a strain that hits kids really hard. The mortality rate is up over 100% when compared to previous years.

The whole thing makes me mad. Like “why be one size fits all” when it doesn’t. And then you have no options.

There is your “death panel” right there! Future sealed and not a d@mn thing that you can do about it.

There should not be a “one size fits all” vaccine until there is a true universal vaccine for all flu viruses.

My .02 worth.

If they stimulate more than four types, the effectiveness also wears off because the body gets overburdened and can go cytokine. It also can lead to no real coverage if too many vaccines are given at the same time. So they choose only so many strains and hope they get it right. I read a real lot on why they do things over the years, if they were not giving kids so many different immunizations it would be less of a problem to give a couple more flu strains, but they push vaccines for everything these days in the USA.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Maybe it's because of healthcare rationing caused by too much out-of-pocket expenses.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

CDC Article regarding flu vaccination rates

This chart only goes back 17 years. I have a hard time believing flu vaccination was more common decades ago. I never even heard of people getting flu vaccines when I was younger. I'll see what I can find, but seems weird that vaccination rates were higher than the ~70% they're at now when the constant push for flu vaccination only began more recently.

ETA:

Yeah, influenza vaccination rates were definitely drastically lower decades ago. I haven't yet looked to see whether fatalities have risen or fallen, but if the premise of the OP that more children are dying now of influenza than in the past, it would seem that increased vaccination correlates with increased death, not decreased vaccination with increased death.

In other words, reality reflects the opposite of what the OP is stating. That isn't to say that the correlation necessarily implies causation, of course. It just simply disproves that increased death rates have to do with decreasing vaccination (since the truth is, flu vaccination has increased drastically over the past few decades.)

more troof
edit on 2/25/2020 by dogstar23 because: Adding troofs

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I thought they disproved the overstimulation of the immune response aspect of vaccines. They just can’t physically fit more into one vaccine and don’t have the logistics to prepare vaccines and grow additonal strains of the virus so they have to guess and hope for the best. My professors are extremely pro vaccine in my immunology and infectious disease courses but they do present the other side like the doctor who created fake data about them causing autism when he was hired by a lawyer to sue a pharmaceutical company. I like to see both sides and would be interested in some articles.

I can’t imagine my kid getting the flu and being hospitalized, our schools require them and one or two of them always get the flu. They easily get 2-3 times the vaccines I got as a kid 20 years ago.

This is why DNA vaccines can’t come soon enough, a series of shots and no more flu of any strain at least for awhile, nature always finds a way.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You figure that at some point that they would stagger them. When you are young, get ones that could do real damage. As you get older, a new set of “classic” stuff like the 70’s swine flu. Then middle age. Then the emergent strains for the elderly.

What the H3ll is the cloud for but to keep meaningful data instead of my Spongebob cartoons??!!

We should all be doing better!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Are they still using the chicken egg method for making flu vaccines too? It's not an easy method if they are. It takes a lot of time and using chicken's eggs to create the doses is not at all efficient or quick so it's not easy to just whip up new batches if the one you made turns out to be not very effective. And there are very few manufacturers willing to bother with it, too.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You know what? I'm just going to say it. I'm tired of holding back. I don't care. If someone doesn't get the flu "vaccine" that's their choice. Some people feel or know they don't need it.

I don't need nor want it. Let's say I get this new coronavirus. Then guess what? I friggin get it. I'm not going to let any organization/institution use me as an experimental pin cushion anymore. I got the genes I got and I'm pretty happy with them. I rarely if ever get even a little sick.

I've been forced to work in the company of sickened people without so much as a mask on and I've never fallen ill. I'll take my chances.

People die every day from all kinds of things. That's life. No one said life is easy or fair.

I know I'm going to die one day. I could die before I post this. Don't care. It's gotten to the point where I have to deal with people sick just from worry on a daily basis. It's getting on my last nerve.

Instead of worrying all the dang time. Start living life in a way that's fulfilling. If you're fine never leaving the comforts of your house that's on you.

It seems with every passing year people in general continue to become more negative and more pessimistic.

Yeesh.

You know what? I think a lot of people have forgotten what hardship really is.

It reminds me of sheltered children who have never played rough or broken a bone growing up to become hypochondriacs or freaking out about missing a meal.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That’s what I was taught, logistically they can’t make enough virus to create enough vaccines so they focus on what they deem the most likely. My schools are definitely heavily biased towards vaccines, I would love to start a debate with them. They center a ton around the importance. I do know we can respond to millions of different antigens daily, so a vaccine is nothing and immune overload should never happen unless you have some type of sensitivity or underlying condition. If immune overload were true many babies would just get sick and die when exposed to the world as moms antibodies begin to disappear.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

A lot of un-vaccinated people (like myself) do in fact get the flu, yet are asymptomatic. I always thought I was just lucky in not getting it, but apparently being asymptomatic is more common than I thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join