It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buttibama or Re-Pete?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
People attacked Joe Biden for plagiarism, but how about Mayor Pete?

If you've been watching him and feel nostalgic or maybe have the sneaking suspicion you've been there before, maybe it's because you have.

Pete Buttigieg is Barack Obama's Mini Me, or, as one Twitter user put it, "Fauxbama."

Buttigieg's speech cadence, his shirt sleeves and even the knot of his tie are the same as President Obama's.

And now a political Twitter account called "The Recount" has found that former Mayor Buttigieg's words are exactly the same as Obama's.

Basically, side-by-side comparisons show that Mayor Pete is doing his best to be just like Obama in a lot of ways. The link shows some direct side by side video of the two. They even say the same things, use the same words. It's sort of weird.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If I am not mistaken, didn't Melania do the same thing? I believe she did. So, she's just as bad, correct?

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

She's not running for president.

But people want to talk about how Mayor Pete is new and fresh, but he's not. He's just Re-Pete.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well we all knew that as soon as Papa Bush died, the "Controllers" would become lazy.There's your proof.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

How did I know that would be your answer?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

If I am not mistaken, didn't Melania do the same thing? I believe she did. So, she's just as bad, correct?

WTF does that have to do with Whitebama?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Both of them were trying to imitate JFK cadence of speaking.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is mostly standard political fare, not word for word plagiarism.

I'm sure someone could dig up clips of Trump and many others saying "shining beacon", and "this country was built", as well as many of the other clipped trite phrases as well.

Also, JON666 nailed it. They've both studied JFKs cadence.
edit on 2/25/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yep.

I know I'll be sure not to vote for her, oh wait that's right. She's not running for office.

I don't really care either way. Pete has a better chance of getting struck by lightning than he does becoming POTUS.
edit on 2/25/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

We thought it was more like a Baptist preacher's cadence ourselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

She did but it wasn't Trump. He didn't run his campaign like that at all. Pete is just cutting and pasting what worked. If you can't concede that those are two independent situations I'm not sure what to tell you other than that if he is debating Trump and pulls that stuff he will get crushed. Trump's campaign will hone in on it and rip it apart and call him out on it.

End of the day none of these candidates will be able to take him on unless they start throwing strong hard punches at each other. Bernie, what about his wife running that college into the ground. Nobody has said a WORD. And for all his ideas only a few bills, two to name post offices. Who knows the name of their post office? That would be NOBODY because it's a waste of time and money just like all his ideas. WORTHLESS. He's not taking money from billionaires or taxing the middle class more. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. We already been through this and Trump won. He will win again easily unless they full stop on taxing people more.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

But?

WhatAboutMelania ?? 🤣

What a desperate choke knee-jerky reaction 🤣🤣

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It certainly makes Pete seem focus-grouped.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

How did I know that would be your answer?

Because you already knew Melania wasn't running for President and your comparison was kinda shaky?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I thought whataboutism is bad.

You got me though, I am convinced. I will definitely not vote for Melania for President.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

...and?

There's nothing new in politics, not since just after politics were invented.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JON666

We thought it was more like a Baptist preacher's cadence ourselves.

If that was true they would of spoke out abote the biblical wrong personal practices they condone.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Pete preaches about his version of Christianity all the time.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JON666

Pete preaches about his version of Christianity all the time.

It's not biblical so I would not call it Christian.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

If you've been watching him and feel nostalgic or maybe have the sneaking suspicion you've been there before, maybe it's because you have.

Yeah, we've been here before.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join