It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David strikes again? T-72 got rammed by APC in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Balls of steel. I'm always impressed by underdog fighting for "the just cause". Look how Al-Assad regime's T-72 got rammed by ACV-15 manned by rebels. Main Battle tank vs Armored Combat Personnal Carrier. How can you win a war when you're facing foes like chese. Do you think Al-Assad, in the long run, got a chance?

www.thedrive.com...

The video clip of the two armored vehicles, shot from a drone flying above, first emerged on social media on Feb. 22, 2020, but the actual altercation reportedly took place two days earlier. Observers of the Syrian conflict subsequently determined that the two vehicles had squared off in a field to the west of the town of Nerab in Idlib province. The vehicle that anti-regime forces are driving in this particular incident appears to be a Turkish-made ACV-15, a derivative of the U.S. Armored Infantry Fighting Vehicle (AIFV), a 1970s design based on the venerable M113 armored personnel carrier. 

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Pretty fun to watch...why didnt the T72 use its primary on the APC?

Im not in anyway knowledgable, but why not pop em with a big ass round?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Probably too close. Their main cannon probably needs a minimum distance. Too close the shot may simply go over the target or cause collateral damage in their own tank.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I wondered, is there no mitigation weapon for up close encounters like that?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What you rightly said plus turret rotation speed vs APC maneuvrability at close range I think. Also I wonder if it's commun to send tanks alone without any backup? The 25mm gun of the ACV-15 cant penetrate the hull but can immobilise with a lucky shot on the T-72, BUT AGAIN I WOULDN'T DARE TO DO IT MYSELF, geee

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

These rebels being ISIS or the like? Al Qaeda maybe? See here's the thing, I was never on board with calling Assad a despot and I was never in favour of regime change in Syria.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Let's say we do not go in who is right/wrong on this one for now and just ask ourselves, can a war agains't guys like these, supported in a proxy war way by a country wealthy enough to make it last (here Turkey at least)... is there a way to win for Al-Assad government?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

Let's say we do not go in who is right/wrong on this one for now and just ask ourselves, can a war agains't guys like these, supported in a proxy war way by a country wealthy enough to make it last (here Turkey at least)... is there a way to win for Al-Assad government?

Well, in all honesty, Turkey is walking a very, very fine line. It thinks it is a big boi but really? Nah, it isn't.

It's trying to play both sides, both Russia and NATO, and both sides know this. Give a man enough rope and he will hang himself.

Erdogan is in a lot of trouble, but trouble comes slowly, with a large amount of care.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

1 - you can only do that for so long - the 2 break contact - just before the vid ends - i wonder what happened next

2 - both crews showed utter inneptitude

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

1- Since drone belongs to rebels I guess ACV-15 got a new window free of charge

2- I do wonder what was the discussions (yellings) inside both vehicules

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
no idea if true just saw a fb comment about this the other day , they had implied that the apc rammed the tank when the turret was turning to try to disable to "rotating motor"(is this is a thing?) of the t72 turret for the main gun. either was made for interesting footage

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

1 - you can only do that for so long - the 2 break contact - just before the vid ends - i wonder what happened next

2 - both crews showed utter inneptitude

A good crew could had Holed the APC if they exercised proper situational awareness. ANd They could had fired at Point blank if they used the straight dumb shells used to just Penetrate and not explode.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oh yeah, NATO and Russia: two beasts no leader would willingly step between.
Well, no sane leader anyway...
edit on 25-2-2020 by ChayOphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Balls-O-Titanium.

...or they're drunk.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
LOL, that was a Keystone Cops moment.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Balls-O-Titanium.

...or they're drunk.

I'm going with "they're drunk" for a $100.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All amped up on captagon and nowhere to go.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Turkey seems to be handling a two front war on two separate continents just fine. Like it or not, they have declared themselves a major player on par with France at this point. They are also now building the security infrastructure in Somalia with tens of thousands of soldiers trained in the last three years. As far as MENA goes, Turkey is projecting power that was only being challenged by Assad and Russia in Syria and the UAE and now more openly Egypt in Libya.

They are even capable of handling the logistics of sending mercenaries between both primary battle zones and establishing control over foreign air space. The only thing they need now is a super carrier and Europe is at Erdogan mercy.

new topics

top topics

join