It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Carrier Landing Game...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Does anyone remember an old game that was available on windows 3.0 or 3.1 ( which ever it was )....

You piloted a fighter jet and carried out missions, you had to land on a carrier, do fly bys of commercial jets... seek out land targets etc..

Graphics were very basic.. I used to play it at work, but can't remember the name of it..

I've done some searches and can't find anything...

anyone remember this game... ??

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Are you talking about Raptor, or that one where you could red out or black out, depending on if you were climbing or diving, had tons of missles, an incredibly hard time landing, etc?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't think that's it..

never blacked out..

this one you could land the plane on the ground and "drive" it around..

very basic graphics..

a couple of the missions, you actually had to track down an incoming missile and shoot it out of the air..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
F-15 Strike Eagle. I used to play version 3 all the time. I think this is the one you are thinking of. Most of the time you took off from land, but I think there was a carrier mission built in there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm still looking for this game...

It wasn't something that was downloaded and no disc needed.... it was on the computer as from the manf.

I'd really love to play it again... please help me...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
try Microsoft flight simulator x , i tried it . it is awesome .it may be the game you are looking for.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It was called jet fighter I believe...I had it on a 3.5 inch disk and came to work early to play it before the boss showed LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah, I think it's JetFighter, I just can't find it anywhere to DL or even purchase.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Another great old one, back in the DOS days, was Chuck Yeager's Air Combat.

Oh, and the original Red Baron.

Those 2 were the first games I ever played that were '3D'... if 3D can be defined as cubes for buildings.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

harrier attack maybe?

You had to land on ACC and ran out of fuel if you didn't do missions in time.

saw you said jet fighter NM.

can't find it either.
You can play most classic atari games online but not JF for some reason?

[edit on 28/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have been searching for this game too. I actually do have a copy of the game, it's called JetFighter I: The Adventure. A company called Velocity Development designed it. I remember having a lot of fun playing it. Unfortunately the 3.5" diskette it was stored on got corrupt. I managed to pull all the files off of it, but I get errors when I try to run it.

During my search, I found this website which is a flight sim game museum page. Here is the link to the JetFighter I page:

www.migman.com...

He apparently has copies of all the actual flight sim games on his page. I emailed him to see if he would help me get my copy to work by giving me good copies of the files I have that are corrupted.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bdw18_123

Wow, thanks for the info.

If you ever get your game working, let me know.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I actually found a copy of this game on ebay, I can't believe my luck! There is actually still another 'buy it now' auction for another one but that one is on a 5.25 disk and is pricey. I paid $15 for an original game 3.5" diskette and manual, no box unfortunately but still a great find.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by bdw18_123]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by bdw18_123]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It might be archived as abandonware in one of these places.
This is the Abandonware Webring

Abandonware Webring

...Classic Gaming...

...Jetfighter 2...

Happy Hunting

...and here is the link to DosBox just in case you need it.

DosBox

You need DosBox to run allot of the older games.

And Elevatedone ...The game may also be called

Microprose "Fleet Defender"

... Fleet Defender...

This has a list of all the titles done my Microprose

... Microprose...

Most of the really good flight sims back then were Microprose..so just surf the Microprose titles in the last link.
You'll most likely find it in there.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You can also try Jane's F-18. Never tried it myself, but I had Jane's USAF, no longer works properly in Windows XP and latest Nvidia drivers

For civilian flight sim that features realistic carrier landings, try X-Plane. You even try to land any aircraft into a carrier or land a helicopter in high seas in a frigate.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Jet fighter was a great game...wow that brings back memories. I used to play that and LHX all the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hello, I found an online game, simular to your description. Also had it back in the windows 3.1 period.

Try this one:
www.freeonlinegames.com...

Have fun.

Rob

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by robinzonder

Thats not it, but thanks for trying.

new topics

top topics

join