It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security cam footage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
www.amsmeteors.org...

Just a possibility. Not sure what the frame rate is on your security camera, but interesting video nonetheless. Let us know what you find out. S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

It feeds at 150Kb/s and at night 28 frames

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Got no idea but cool as. Bet you were in a hella WTF stare?
What's the flashing on left of shot about an inch in from edge ?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

It was 20fps. I sped it up to 120fps and reduced the res 50% for the site.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

YouTube does it's fidgy widgy crap.. vdub registered it at 20fps..

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

i am no YouTube master for sure, i thought they looked a little bury

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Definitely Starlink satellites

www.heavens-above.com...

Look at all the Starlinks that would have been visible at that time:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
I don't think we're seeing what is actually there in your vid. Below are vids you've posted and they all have artifacts and multiple ghosting effects of what I believe to be a singular object or reflection. You have multi faceted possibilities for light reflection i.e; Camera lens, cam cover over lens and your protective box has clear Plexiglas above and in front of the camera lens. All of this adds up to many possibilities of light reflection. You can see it in all your vids.

I think the vid you posted here is just a reflection from a pinpoint light source, maybe a satellite but I don't think that's the case. I don't think they're planes because the trajectory is exactly the same over and over, especially on the lights to the right of your vid. I'm going with a produced light reflection.

As others have mentioned FPS is certainly at play.

I'm not sure what you think you're seeing in some of the vids you've posted? Can you explain to us what you think you're seeing in your vids? Although, the fox was self explanatory, LOL.

edit on 25-2-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A lot of security cameras end up capturing images of spider webs that reflect the IR light coming from the camera. They'll appear as a set of dots in a line that drift around and sometimes fly away. See this on MUFON frequently. Spider webs.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Gotta be joking....

My cctv picks up spider webs all the time, and bugs zipping around, none leave trails like that and none move like that as a point of light that trails in a direction, with various different starting points.

And the fps even at 20 or 28 fps is adequate enough to not have that sort of trailing effect.

If it were 12fps, then perhaps.

But then, it would still be a moving object, and not a stationary one with ir lighting illuminating it...

lens reflection??

just

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't know what that may have been, but they all appear to follow the same direction.

I divided the video in three parts, as there are two changes in the camera's position, resulting in three parts during which the camera is completely stable. I used those three segments to join all the frames and see the movement of the "objects", and this is the result:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

Gotta be joking...

I was referring to mtnshredder's vids. Penroc's look a lot like satellites.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Gotta be joking...

The more I look at it satellites may be correct, which is what I said in earlier post (starlink). But after seeing his other vids, if it were satellites, it's probably just one and not starlink like I originally thought.

The're sure is a lot of them on the exact same trajectory.

I'm just throwing out ideas, anything to stay out of the mud pit tonight.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Gotta be joking...

The vids I posted are penroc's vids that he has posted on his channel. Same camera as OP.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

look at the dates man, everyone should be afforded learning curve and this thread is about the first video

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: mtnshredder

look at the dates man, everyone should be afforded learning curve and this thread is about the first video

Why would the dates matter? Same camera right? I'm seeing light reflections in some of your vids, do you think they are something other than that? If so what? Do you think frame speed is creating the multiples we're seeing? I do.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I don't know what that may have been, but they all appear to follow the same direction.

I divided the video in three parts, as there are two changes in the camera's position, resulting in three parts during which the camera is completely stable. I used those three segments to join all the frames and see the movement of the "objects", and this is the result:

thank you i know nothing about photo editing

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

And if the camera is pointing at an azimuth of 330° as the OP says, then the lights are moving from the MW to the NE/NNE exactly as the Heavens Above data I posted says the Starlink satellites would be.

Also, I count about 35 streaks in your images. There were 35 Starlink satellites at magnitude 3.5 or brighter in the 9 minutes and 30 seconds starting at 05:45:56, which is when the recording started.

It’s definitely Starlink.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
Definitely Starlink satellites

www.heavens-above.com...

Look at all the Starlinks that would have been visible at that time:

Hmmm.....

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
a reply to: ArMaP

And if the camera is pointing at an azimuth of 330° as the OP says, then the lights are moving from the MW to the NE/NNE exactly as the Heavens Above data I posted says the Starlink satellites would be.

Also, I count about 35 streaks in your images. There were 35 Starlink satellites at magnitude 3.5 or brighter in the 9 minutes and 30 seconds starting at 05:45:56, which is when the recording started.

It’s definitely Starlink.

Good info, thx. So I could've guessed right the first time, go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join