It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis AFB’s infected people must go..........but where?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hmmm right in my backyard and now communities are getting NIMBY about it and can you blame them?

Travis AFB located just north of the SF Bay Area and home to the 60th Air Mobility Wing plus a spot for E-6's is now become a legal hot spot in what to do with evacuated expats from China and elsewhere. Initially the plan was to got to a now unused state mental facility in order to provide care and quarantine. The city in question Costa Mesa, said 'Nope" and a judge agreed. So the passengers are in limbo.

The passengers in question have come from a infected cruise ship. To compound things some are refusing to be tested as well.

What a mess

That being said Travis is home to the David Grant Medical Center which has 265 and is by and large never full so why can't they be seen there. en.wikipedia.org...

www.mercurynews.com...

edit on 2/24/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/24/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

(post by JON666 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Was stationed at Travis in the early 80's.

I'm shaking my head a bit at the idea that a military base can't handle this.

I'd trust a military hospital over a civilian hospital with any kind of NBC infection.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm shaking my head a bit at the idea that a military base can't handle this.

I'd trust a military hospital over a civilian hospital with any kind of NBC infection.

Totally agree but we ain't dealing with military patients that do what they are told. We're dealing with a bunch of snowflakes who don't understand that 2 letter word 'no' that need to be read a story and have a glass of milk and some cookies before they are tucked in.

If I was a medic of any rate in the forces (I was in the forces) I couldn't deal with people off a cruise ship.

My thoughts,

Bally

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
Post removed by staff.

That idea is only helpful if actually enacted. I was thinking of using Ft. Erwin in Barstow for housing Los Angeles Homeless (skid row). If these "Cruise Ship Vacationers" (totally want that as a tombstone epitaph) refuse testing; send them to that location and let them fend for themselves; or the Salton Sea area would be another good location especially for Vacationers cheated out of their holiday.

edit on 24-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 24 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The problem is that they need to go somewhere and stay there until they are cleared.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Good point.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The passengers in question have come from a infected cruise ship. To compound things some are refusing to be tested as well

This guy was responsible for the cost of his tests, are the cruise ship people being charged for testing?

www.miamiherald.com...

But two weeks later, Azcue got unwelcome news in the form of a notice from his insurance company about a claim for $3,270.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
The problem is that they need to go somewhere and stay there until they are cleared.

The length of quarantine is growing by weeks and bounds. Some people may be thinking 'my life, job, and petty distractions' are more important than an isolation unit and those humans I live among.

edit on 24-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock

North Korea knows ...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe the good folks of SF should put them up until they show signs. Charity starts at home.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If they're there, that's where they need to stay until this is resolved.

Every time you move someone with an infectious disease, you take a risk of passing that disease around to a new location.

I don't care that people don't want them there. It's too late; that's where they are. And I don't care that they don't want to stay. They need to until it's over.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I answered in a previous thread of mine
www.abovetopsecret.com...
that the U.S. Navy Hospital Guantanamo Bay, has plenty of room for expansion. Our Navy Seabees, together with the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, can expand this area to accommodate 600 patients in a few weeks.

I have purposely omitted the USNS Comfort and Mercy. IMHO, it is out of the question.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
But if it somehow spread to the San Francisco homeless population, then it would become a SHTF situation.

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sounds like they need to reopen Alcatraz. Send them all there and let God sort them out.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
Do they still have the mercy ships maybe a floating hospital isolated out to sea.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Midway Island and Guantanimo Bay both have medical facilities... what a shameful mistake to not just take the straight there rather than ever admitting them to stateside prior to successful completion of quarantine protocols.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hmmm....so THAT's what happened to you !

I worked for 20 years + behind two cipher doors....with no windows....no sunlight...but I am OK...perfectly normal, like you...not bat# crazy....I swear.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join