It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is/was getting flu shot every year?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I get one every October. Free from my employer.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Never did until the last couple of years (they make me feel like crap) as we now have a 1 and half year old little monkey at home ( need to save my leave), I have always workerd in healthcare and it is required. But have resisted receiving flu shots which then equates to being told you have to take time off when confirmed cases of flu are in the facility (bonus). It still spreads, mutates and people die either way, but at least mortality rates are decreased for the frail if it is a previous strain.
edit on 25-2-2020 by NoWorldOpium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Have not since I was a kid. I might though, as I get older, not sure. I've caught the flu once in the last 30 years or so. Did suck for 3 days, but 3 days of feeling like a zombie was worth the tradeoff of no flu shots for 30 years. : )

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: HalWesten
The nasal mist was the live virus,

Right, and live virus vaccines shed, which means, if you get one, then go to work, you are spreading the flu around. Nice...

It's attenuated, so theoretically it can not cause the flu.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
"originally posted by: tanstaafl
and live virus vaccines shed, which means, if you get one, then go to work, you are spreading the flu around. Nice..."

and yet people get the flu from the vaccine.

So much for theoretical.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

"originally posted by: tanstaafl
and live virus vaccines shed, which means, if you get one, then go to work, you are spreading the flu around. Nice..."

and yet people get the flu from the vaccine.

So much for theoretical.

I hear it a lot, but I would say it is a misconception, it doesn't happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I got the 1976 swine flu shot, they scared us all half to death.
edit on 25-2-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Who here is/was getting flu shot every year?

Nope. Only once, and I got the other that was running around.

Never again.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
as a reclusive conspiracy theorist, I don't see the point.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I would if my employer made me do it. I'm not afraid of the flu shot, I just don't have a good reason to get one with my current situation.
If I worked in a crowded environment or lived in the city, I would also definitely get it yearly. Sure, it probably won't work, but if there's a chance, there's no good reason not to. I don't think they're injecting microchips or anything with the shot.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ive gotten one every year since I went into the Air Force. That is more than 50 years of jabs. In that time, Ive never gotten the lu, nor have I ever had a bad reaction, except or a little soreness it the injection site. No worse than getting a knuckle hit to the deltoid muscle. I intend to keep getting them.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Deplorable

Flu vaccine does not mean no flu. It has very little efficacy and is usually about 30% effective.

The 2018 Flu Vaccine Was Only 29% Effective

www.healthline.com...

What a disingenuous post.
Here's the rest of it:

The 2018 Flu Vaccine Was Only 29% Effective — but Experts Still Recommend It

The flu vaccine for the 2018–2019 season was only 29 percent effective.
The main reason for the vaccine’s ineffectiveness was a strain of H3N2 flu that developed in the spring.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

I said it was about 30% effective, the actual post says 29%. Somehow I was disingenuous? I was actually being generous. It was only 22% effective against the major strain.

2016-2017 was only 19% effective among adults 18-49.
www.cdc.gov...

If you are not young, elderly, immune compromised ... the flu vaccine has extremely low efficacy. Soon there will hopefully be a universal vaccine that is actually worth getting for the average person, unfortunately it's not ready yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

The only real serious side effect is GB, and it's very rare. It's quite serious if you get it though.
edit on 25-2-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Never had the flu shot. Last time I had the flu was when I was around, hmmmm, 20-ish and in college. Had the 24 hour type viruses and colds, but flu has stayed away.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Starting with the bird flu (2010?? 2012???) they do “quad shots” for your vaccine soup.

There are 2 main strains, A and B, and then 2 varieties from those are guessed... uh, spirit cooked, wait! I mean chosen by committee to provide the “best possible protection” except when they choose the wrong strains.

This year, they chose the wrong B strain. And to make matters worse, they didn’t bother to make any (your CDC saving us money! Woot!).

If you get the flu every year, get the shot because it lessens the severity and length of time of being sick.

If you are like me and rarely get sick, it is hit or miss because they have you protected from the wrong strain! And until the flu knocks you on your back into a hospital bed, you probably don’t need one (Uh, no pre-existing conditions! Talking regular, healthy, specimens!)

For the record, I got the 70’s Swine Flu vaccination (remember it hurt like hell!) but that is it.

I’ll say it again: Wash your hands in soap and water for over 15 seconds; stop touching your mouth and eyes with your fingers; and don’t breath in somebody’s cough!!

And stay hydrated!!

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I said it was about 30% effective, the actual post says 29%. Somehow I was disingenuous? I was actually being generous. It was only 22% effective against the major strain.

Nope. You're one of those 'types' that cherry-pick your data ... presenting a partial picture that clearly intends to deceive. IOW, not anyone I will ever pay any attention to at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I used to get a flu shot every year for several years until a few years ago when I had a side effect. It caused lasting muscle or nerve pain in my back that lasted almost 3 or 4 months. It hurt like crazy on occasion in my back and it started up after I had the shot in my left arm on that side of my back. I didn't get the shot ever since. Back pain went away and hasn't come back either. I haven't gotten seriously sick either. Maybe had one bad cold a couple years ago. I do remember about 25 years ago having a bad cold and going to work and sneezed. Person around the corner got sick immediately. She stayed home and I heard had the worst case of the flu ever. I didn't realize I had the flu but was already recovering. Nobody at work ever says, you are sick, take time off. Work places often don't give sick days here in the US. I guess if you felt really bad, you could call in sick.

The pain I felt after the flu shot was excruciating and lasted off and on for months. Heat and warm places made it worse. Stress made it worse. I figure something didn't agree with me.
edit on 26/2/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Every October, work provides it.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join