It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe Brayant! Why You Take All the Airwaves?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Why? Why is it every channel I tuned to is playing the memorial about you, Kobe Bryant? Why is the media forcing me to watch your memorial?

I mean, I heard the tickets to be there in person were enormously expensive, sold only to subscribed fans and because the event was sold out and too expensive for most to attend, it would be broadcast.

But c'mon! They've preempted everything! It's on every channel!

How does that even happen?

edit on 24-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I wonder how many people still even have cable, or dont have other services so they could watch something else?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

But why is Kobe on every TV cable channel? It's a conspiracy, I say!

Sure, I could be streaming John Wick, or Jack Ryan stuff on Netflix and Prime. But Kobe Bryant in on TV now!

Besides, cable TV come free with my HOA.

And, you know it's playing at every Mc Donald's and in every doctor's office and airport lobby....

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yeah, honestly - Who really cares and why? It's just some dumb@ss basketball player. Big whoop. Sports are part of the carnival of life to keep everyone distracted.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Because they are racist. He was a famous black guy so they need bring attention to it I guess. Only thing I can think of. They did the same with prince.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Turn the damn thing off. Problem solved. You are welcome.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I get it. Tune out, drop out and turn off.

But that doesn't answer the question of why Kobe Bryant, whose memorial service was too elite and too expensive for most people/fans to attend, now has play on every MSN station and has preempted normal programming, forcing viewers,whether they are sports fans or not, to mourn with the PC establishment.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Why? Why is it every channel I tuned to is playing the memorial about you, Kobe Bryant? Why is the media forcing me to watch your memorial?

I mean, I heard the tickets to be there in person were enormously expensive, sold only to subscribed fans and because the event was sold out and too expensive for most to attend, it would be broadcast.

If you think the media is forcing you to watch that, it is only because you have no will power yourself... NOBODY is forcing you.

I dont own a television, so i dont have that problem
Throw it out, it will set you free

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

If you think the media is forcing you to watch that, it is only because you have no will power yourself... NOBODY is forcing you.

So, I gather you get your news from ATS. News delivered and gotten! You're welcome!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I get it. Tune out, drop out and turn off.

But that doesn't answer the question of why Kobe Bryant, whose memorial service was too elite and too expensive for most people/fans to attend, now has play on every MSN station and has preempted normal programming, forcing viewers,whether they are sports fans or not, to mourn with the PC establishment.

Money is your answer. they dont give a crap about their normal fanbase, they know A LOT of people will tune in just to watch that, lots of views = lots of commercial money...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

So, I gather you get your news from ATS. News delivered and gotten! You're welcome!

Thanks!
I get my news from a lot of places on the internet, but i do like ATS because when you and other guys deliever the news to me, you usual do a lot better journalistic work than the "news" do, so thanks again for that

And i still watch a lot of crap, just on my PC. So i just removed the commercials from my bad habits, but it sounds a lot better when i just tell you i have thrown out my television years ago

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Because for some reason the world pretends to give a damn about famous people.

Several others died in that helicopter but they are mostly forgotten because they couldn't dribble a ball on a professional level.

That fast and furious actor died in a car wreck but nobody remembers the other guy in the car that died.

Had kobe freed the slaves or cured cancer I would understand the praise but as it stands.... Meh...

Perfect example here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not much tv coverage...
edit on 24-2-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You just got your first flag from me..ever. Broken clocks are right twice a day.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Because every millenial, gen y, gen z person in the usa, upon yetting yells "kobe".

Especially with balled up scrap paper into the trashcan.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Yeah, honestly - Who really cares and why?

A lot of people care.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean many others don't.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Turn the damn thing off. Problem solved. You are welcome.

Ok, I turned it off.. now what do I do for mind numbing entertainment?

Quick, I'm getting so bored I'm going to have to go outside or something.. And it's 4am. I'll be accosted by a hoodlum or some other sort of mindless miscreant that gathers in large groups in the outside world, at this time of day.

And don't you dare tell me to read a book. You know damn well I can't read.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I think the point is, some people do watch the telly, I'm watching it even now and I'm not even in the US, and yet we just had an item on the news about this Kobe situation. I don't even know what it is. Is it something deadly, like the Coronavirus? Is it contagious?

If only I'd had taken more notice..

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Some unknown mathematician is far less important than this Kobevirus spreading like wildfire across the networks.

I can't catch maths... but I just might catch a basketball..

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
You just got your first flag from me..ever. Broken clocks are right twice a day.

The problem remains if you retain broken clocks in lieu of working ones, or fixing the ones that are broken.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Yeah, honestly - Who really cares and why?

A lot of people care.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean many others don't.

But.. why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join