It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Acosmic' solution to Mandela Effect puzzle? A plot against the Anglo-American alliance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: radiusnode
To me your email explanation doesn't hold any water .
That was addressed to schuyler, and I'm not going to address his post in any way, so set that aside for the moment please. I'm only responding to what you wrote here:

I've experienced several Mandela Effect changes that have also been reported by others too. I am happy to admit I've misremembered before and after discovering the ME and I'm even open to what I have experienced being due to memory, so how am I not taking responsibility or unable to admit I could be wrong about something? I'm not deluded enough to think I'm special or am unable to be wrong about things but I still believe I have experienced the ME and so much of it doesn't make sense

Here's the way your post reads to me:

"I'm even open to what I have experienced being due to memory" = I'm open to the scientific explanation of my experiences being correct, but, "but I still believe I have experienced the ME " = I still prefer to show no critical thinking skills and believe in some pseudoscientific nonsense.

Am I misinterpreting what you're saying? Because that's how it reads, and

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: radiusnode

Nice post. I wanted to say something similar but don't need to now. You said all I wanted to say and much more eloquently.

Kudos.
same with your post, essentially "ditto"

Critically Thinking About the Mandela Effect

another danger here is the manner in which people try to explain the mechanics behind such an effect; that is, dismissing the notion of a reasonable, science-based explanation and instead, putting faith in pseudoscientific rubbish because it provides a sensational, perhaps, "more interesting" explanation.

A critical thinker, of course, reads between the lines in the case of the Mandela Effect and looks for a more logical explanation; and one is easily found (a great example of Occam’s Razor): the Mandela Effect is nothing more than a product of false memories (i.e. a memory of something that didn’t happen or happened differently than how it was recalled) – itself a product of the Misinformation Effect. The Misinformation Effect refers to the creation of false memories as a result of interference from other/new information following the processing of information from the event in question.

Since the 1970s, Elizabeth Loftus and colleagues have conducted a large body of research on false memories and the misinformation effect. However, the examination of these phenomena began well before that, back during the development of very important theories on memory and knowledge construction.

originally posted by: Shoujikina

We have to realize that this kind of thing is perfect to deeply disturb people and their preconceptions of the world.
Your entire post gets off to a bad start with this statement. Read the "misinformation effect" research done by Elizabeth Loftus and others, it's not a "preconceptions of the world" as you put it, it's science.

This site links to the science papers, so read those if you are interested in the science, or you can just read the wiki page for an overview if the details bore you:

Misinformation effect

<< 1   >>

join