It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D deficiency & Coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: RumannXylo

Can you define what is considered a high does of Vitamin D3?

Also, what if you take divided doses....we take 2000 IU 3 times a day in the winter.
More when we are sick, or trying to avoid illness---like now.
And 2000 IU once a day from March-October.

From an archived thread of the Vitamin D council, a few people reported problems when taking more than 6,000 IU/day, and one reported problems with 3,000 IU/day, so I think an average of 4,000 IU/day is high. So 2,000 IU/day in summer and 6,000 IU/day in winter is a high dose. To handle this dose, a multivitamin with Vitamin K2 and organic magnesium is recommended. Vitamin D and Vitamin K2 both need cofactors to work well, so that's why a multivitamin is recommended.

To further reduce the risk of getting the flu, it is safer to take more Vitamin C, instead of increasing the Vitamin D dose above 4,000 IU/day. If someone actually gets the flu, then it is reasonable to take the Vitamin D hammer, a treatment course of 10,000 IU/dose * 3 doses a day for three days, for a total treatment dose of 90,000 IU.

What should be bought now in case of getting the flu, in descending order of safety and effectiveness, is the following:
zinc acetate lozenges if you can get them, zinc gluconate/gluconium lozenges if you can't
liposomal Vitamin C
iodine, antiseptic
selenium, antiviral
epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG), a zinc ionophore from green tea
quercetin, a less potent zinc ionophore
luteolin, interferes with the S2 protein of the coronavirus and its use of furin
oil of oregano, an antiviral and antibiotic
turmeric, reduces cytokine storm

Other useful things which most people have or can get quickly, are honey, garlic, a homemade fermented food, and towels (for fomentation - moist heat therapy). Project avalon has a thread describing many treatments.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thanks..

Have you run into any research on thyme or olive leaf.
I've had luck taking oregano and olive leaf when colds or flu tries to take me over.

We do take K2 and magnesium.
I find almost ALL multivitamins lacking in optimum levels of nutrients.
And since most of our produce is days or weeks from harvest, one cannot assume good levels of nutrients are left in them.
edit on Fri Mar 27 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Thanks..

Have you run into any research on thyme or olive leaf.
I've had luck taking oregano and olive leaf when colds or flu tries to take me over.

I only did a little bit of research on olive leaf, oil of oregano and thyme, but they all seem good. I listed oil of oregano for the antibiotic because it was the most recommended herbal antibiotic in the Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention thread.

I find almost ALL multivitamins lacking in optimum levels of nutrients.

Indeed, I analyzed 45 multivitamin brands listed by labdoor, and by multivitaminguide. I only found four multivitamin brands that had Vitamin D to protect against the flu, along with organic magnesium, and sufficient Vitamin K2 MK-7 to prevent arterial calcification. Those brands and their multivitamins were Controlled Labs - Orange Triad Multi, Douglas Laboratories - Ultra Preventive X, Legion - Triumph Multivitamin, Naturelo - One Daily, and Naturelo - Whole Food. The other 41 multivitamin brands were harmful in at least one way. None of the four good brands were in the pharmacy I went to, I had to get the Naturelo products online.

Because there are so many vitamins and minerals that we need, without taking a multivitamin it's likely that a person would be deficient in at least one nutrient. The good multivitamins cost more than the bad ones, but since the bad ones are harmful, if money is short it is better to take the cheapest good multivitamin (Naturelo One Daily, because it is only one capsule) on alternating days, than a full dose of a bad multivitamin.

<< 1  2   >>

join