It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 9 Year-Old Tells Presidential Candidate Buttigieg He is Gay. Yes...NINE Years Old!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: pressident
I mean why assume the 9yo is referring to sexual preference in the first place; if he identifies as gay why does he even have to chose to 'come out' or not?;. Do kids or adults who r straight make such decisions??

Are kids who identify as straight automatically heterosexual?

This almost sounds like an SNL skit. A person hosting a "Coming out Party" only to tell every one that they are straight. It always amuses me when a person has to tell me their sexual preference. It's not like I'm hitting on them, or wanting to get hit on, but they get all huffy when I tell them I'm straight. Hey if you're proud of your sexuality that's great, but I don't care about it.

Just like I told HR at my last job, "Keep it in the Supply Closet, I don't care".

I think all straight people should declare it upon first contact with strangers like the gays proudly do.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Being gay isn't just about sex. When you are a kid you often "like" someone without considering sex. He likes boys. Also, you're dumbing down attraction to sex desires.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Ive never had a gay person say he was gay when first meeting him or her. But i could imagine homosexuals declare it because they feel people are wondering in the back of their head.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
On television, I just saw a review of a Disney movie called "Onward". It's a kids movie that promotes LGBTQ.

Ref: www.foxnews.com...

Good. Kids bullied gay kids when i was a young person in the 90s. Im glad they are free to be themselves without social harrassment.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, February 24, 2020

Over the weekend, Democratic Presidential candidate (and Mayor of South Bend, Indiana) Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg held a town hall.

Peter is gay. During the town hall, a 9 year-old boy asked Mr. Buttigieg how he could work up the courage to tell people that, even at his young age, he is gay.

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg had an emotional moment on Saturday night with a nine-year old boy who asked him for help to come out as gay.

During a Q&A session where questions were drawn from a fishbowl, the boy, later identified as, Zachary Ro, thanked the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana for his bravery and sought help from Buttigieg on "coming out".

"Would you help me tell the world I'm gay, too?" Ro asked the first openly gay presidential candidate, adding, "I want to be brave like you."

Candidate Buttigieg responded:

"Let me tell you a couple things that might be useful. The first thing is that it won't always be easy, but that's okay because you know who you are.," Buttigieg said.

" And that's really important because when you know who you are you have a center of gravity that can hold you together when all kinds of chaos is happening around you."
More at: www.businessinsider.com...

You Tube Video Clip of the Exchange:
Twitter Version: twitter.com...
Post Town Hall Interview of 9 Year-old Zachary Ro: twitter.com...

QUESTION: Since being "Gay" denotes a sex/intercourse preference, how do 9 year-old kids know whether they prefer having it with males or females? Are 9 year-olds having sexual intercourse these days? (I'm old, and could be behind the times.)

-CareWeMust

I mean not for nothing but I knew I was straight in kindergarden when I had a crush on a particular girl in the class. I didn't even know anything about sex, but I knew there was something special about her that I liked more than anyone else. Can we stop being silly, you didn't know by 10 years old if you found boys attractive or girls attractive?

I mean shut up.

The bigger question is; why would pete put a kid up to doing this, because he clearly did. That kid just came out, asking how to come out -- you get me? No logic in this.
edit on 24-2-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Kid: "Mom, look I'm on TV ... Mr Buttigieg Could you help me tell the world I'm gay, too?" 

Buttigieg: "You just did kid, your on TV, glad I could help"

The PR is just getting stupid now.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I honestly don't think this child has any idea what he's talking about. He has no idea what sexual attraction even is yet. He has never personally experienced it. He has no frame of reference. He just knows that everyone is talking about it and openly proclaiming their own, so he's doing the same. Of course a 9-year-old boy who still thinks girls have cooties would think he likes boys more... right now he does. But not sexually. And he cannot know what he cannot know yet. Someone needs to tell him that there's no reason and no need to make such a choice or declaration now (or any time really), and he has plenty of time to make that choice for himself. Nothing's written in stone yet.

But this is where the political and social agenda of the LGBT activism has taken us. Not the average person who happens to fit into one of those categories... the folks who are in fact and in deed just trying to live their lives in peace. Rather, I'm referring to those with a political and social agenda imposing their will on the rest of us... being regulated and legislated and adjudicated.

Everyone is expected to declare their sexuality to the world ad nauseum and virtually wear it on their sleeve as a constant advertisement of some sorts. The days of "don't kiss and tell" are over. These days, "too much information" is the norm. And it's not only unhealthy (as evidenced by anyone thinking a prepubescent 9-year-old child can even know this, much less should have/want to declare it to the world), it's downright creepy.

I'm an old married woman. This is it for me. Even if I'm widowed, I will never be romantically/sexually involved with anyone ever again. Period. So I really don't give a rats patootie what anyone else's sexual orientation is. Not my concern and none of my business. Private and personal information like that should be kept private and personal.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Tell me why a 9 year old is that educated on sexuality.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Knowing what gay means is highly educated? ..

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You're not young so you should know how the homophobic world was before people were accepted for "coming out". This is much healthier than supressing your feelings imo.

I think alot of people are making assumptions about homosexuals on the past 2-3 threads regarding LGBTQ without ever talking to them.

Maybe "coming out" is an act of freedom and unburdening. Not everyone lives in LA where LGBTQ is celebrated.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You didn't know your preference from when you were little?

I didn't need to have sex with a boy to know I liked boys when I was a little girl.
Don't be absurd.
The child does not need to have sex to know he prefers boys.
Did you have sex before you determined you were straight? Or did you have to decide after?
I think you already knew what you preferred.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

How did you decide who to send Valentine to?
You knew you were not gay at nine.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Why would a prepubescent child want to tell that to an adult gay?

Sounds suspiciously coached and politically driven.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Bootigig poll numbers must be tanking.

Ultimately, it all comes down to policy platform.

Doesn't matter if you're white, black, gay, straight, male, female, young, old.

To bring sexual preference into a political debate where policy matters more than who you desire is a last ditch effort to garner superficial support based on nothing but sexual identity.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

My oldest is gay. He was gay when he was 2, he was gay when he was 9, and he is gay now.

Im sure you can figure out how it can be "known". while my oldest hadn't had sex when he was 2, we could tell from his behavior he was gay, or would be gay.

being gay only has a little to do with how your use your genitals. Its more than just sex.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Tell me why a 9 year old is that educated on sexuality.

You are kidding, right?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Boadicea

You're not young so you should know how the homophobic world was before people were accepted for "coming out". This is much healthier than supressing your feelings imo.

I don't agree. Other people's knowledge, opinions nor approval should not matter. A truly healthy person knows and accepts their sexuality with no influence -- good, bad or ugly -- from anyone else. Just like anything else about themselves. No matter what anyone does, there will be someone who doesn't approve or like it. Always. Everyone needs to be able to find their own answers and acceptance within themselves. Then and only then can they rise above the opinions of others.

I think alot of people are making assumptions about homosexuals on the past 2-3 threads regarding LGBTQ without ever talking to them.

Maybe. But there are general principles that apply across the board in all matters, and sexual orientation is no exception. We all know the human condition to one extent or another, from one perspective or another, so general principles can be applied.

Maybe "coming out" is an act of freedom and unburdening. Not everyone lives in LA where LGBTQ is celebrated.

That's a very good point. But even then, it will only be liberating if the person's declaration is an affirmation that comes from within. If the declaration is made in an attempt to find affirmation from others, then it will fail... no matter how many people give that affirmation.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Boadicea because: added "not"

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

My oldest is gay. He was gay when he was 2, he was gay when he was 9, and he is gay now.

Im sure you can figure out how it can be "known". while my oldest hadn't had sex when he was 2, we could tell from his behavior he was gay, or would be gay.

being gay only has a little to do with how your use your genitals. Its more than just sex.

I understand exactly what you're saying. But YOU suspected he was gay because YOU had the knowledge and experience and frame of reference to know that. A child of 9 does not have that knowledge, experience and frame of reference.

But it's not necessarily that easy. I have a brother and a cousin who were never "typical" rough and tumble guys, and as they grew up, there were adults who were sure they would be gay. In the case of the cousin, they were right. In the case of my brother, they were wrong.

In both cases, there was no pressure for them to be one or the other. It didn't matter. For the most part, we just waited to see. My cousin never had any big coming out statement or anything like that. He just grew into himself and lives his best life.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Wait.... People actually believe this crap?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join