It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New LED Streetlights DOUBLED Prostate & Breast Cancers!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
LED light sources have also been linked to Seizures, induced epilepsy and behavioral alterations in people though this is mostly just claim rather than empirical data.

That said I personally do not like the spectra of there output.

The old Sodium street light's that gave off a yellow/orange glow were highly efficient though there use was limited to street lighting or emergency lighting due to there yellow/orange spectrum of lighting but nevertheless they were excellent light's and very safe for drivers on illuminated roads at night.

Personally I believe LED and even OLED need to have a lot more research done on any potential affects they may have on biological organism's and neurochemical reactions as well as the incumbent behavioral alterations and seizures this may cause.

It's seen as a GREEN technology however - in reality it is not green at all since the production process is definitely NOT green and the old Sodium Gas light's and incandescent light bulb's were actually just as green in this respect but this view of it as an eco friendly technology (when in fact it is not) is a reason that many have been able to sell this world wide (As well as the usual under the table exchange of money into private hand's by those making these deal's and the corrupt official's that push this agenda.

Changing the lighting, how much power we use are never the issues the only issue is the SOURCE of the power we use, in the UK we have natural power all around us in the form of wind, wave and tide but it goes unused because the vested interests want to push Nuclear power - and by the way no matter how much power we actually use those stations are NOT going to be any greener for it, not only because of radiation and waste but because they will simply sell there excess power through the grid and abroad.

The SO CALLED Green Revolution is mostly a SCAM and it is well nigh time we woke up to that fact and got some Genuine Green Project's into process such as tidal power barrages, Salters duck based wave generation and off shore wind farm's - we have some but they are horribly inefficient jokes with huge amount's of sea space and not a salters duck in sight - every off shore wind generator should be coupled with Salters duck's and I have yet to see even one anywhere in the entire world that is.

The duck was a victim of so called suppressed technology, they displaced a decimal point to make it look a hundred times more expensive than it actually as to prevent it being put into process back in the early 1970's.

As you can see it is not how much we use but how we produce that power that matters, so LED light's not such a good idea AND a scam AND potentially bad for you AND the older light sources were optically superior.

Great for a mobile or laptop back light but that is about as far as it goes.

Oh and if you believe some theory's, claim's and conspiracy's that frequency of pulsed light that the LED's use can also be modulated to carry mind control or mood influencing technology so it's implementation could also be more about mind control over the general public through subliminal frequency manipulation than it ever was about a green deal.

edit on 24-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
The old Sodium street light's that gave off a yellow/orange glow were highly efficient...

Metal halide lights are not efficient, their output degradation curve has a precipitous drop after only a few months of usage and their lifecyle can be as low as 10 times that of an LED. Additionally, there are low Kelvin LED replacements available that mimic the legacy products.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I could not disagree more, the power use is NOT the issue the source of the power we use most certainly is the issue here.

We could use all the power we need and more and so long as it come's from a green source no problem.

Where I will give ground is in the life cycle, LED's may indeed last a lot longer but they are far from a young technology though only now is it really being researched with any vigor, to be fair though if they iron out the problem's with them, put in proper circuitry to completely reduce the flicker and make the light constant AND create true daylight spectrum then they will be superior - though then that may upset some people's body clock's but daylight spectrum does reduce stress and depression especially for night workers, as yet it is very early day's as far as this is concerned though cancelling the flicker would be extremely easy even if it would increase the cost of each light slightly.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Your post did not refute anything I said.

Metal halides = legacy and inefficient.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Sorry but once again you are missing the point - and rather deliberately if I may say - the point is not how we use the power we generate it is how we generate that power, thermal loss in conversion is irrelevant here.
Also I might point out that those bloody LED headlight's that every Tom Dick and Fool Harry has these day's are a nightmare on the road, they glare oncoming drivers and are potentially far more dangerous than the older incandescent headlight's were, thank God we Brit's have finally given those loon's in the EU that pushed them onto us the boot and perhaps we can can finally get back to some sensible policy's.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Sorry but once again you are missing the point - and rather deliberately if I may say - the point is not how we use the power we generate it is how we generate that power, thermal loss in conversion is irrelevant here.

Strawman, I did not bring up energy consumption. Read it again.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Haha, sorry but it is obvious you just love a good argument, that said you still haven't seen the light.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Was that you addressing my points?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join