It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wisconsin Suicide Offers Clues in Chicago Murders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A Wisconsin police officer stopped a "suspicious vehicle" last night. As he was approaching the vehicle, a shot was fired. The single shot was the car's occupant taking his own life. Officials are saying that evidence found in the vehicle leads them to believe that the dead man was "connected". Officials would not confirm, but it is believed a note in the vehicle claims responsibility for the murders, and provides details not known to the public.

www.foxnews.com
Wisconsin police and federal agents are investigating a suicide that may be connected to the murder of a federal judge's mother and husband.

A published report in the Chicago Tribune said that U.S. District Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow — who found the bodies of her husband and mother at her home last month — had rejected a lawsuit brought by the man, who shot himself in the head during a traffic stop Wednesday in West Allis, Wis.

The newspaper, citing unidentified sources, said the man's suicide note, claiming responsibility for last week's slayings, included details about the murders not released to the public. The note said the legal judgment had cost him "his house, his job and family," the paper quoted a source as saying.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Until this break in the case, the investigators believed that Matthew Hale, a white supremacist, who had previously been convicted of soliciting the murder of the Judge was involved. It now appears that that may not be the case.

The dead man, Bart Ross, apparently had his own agenda for the crime. Mr. Ross had appeared in the Judge's court for a personal injury case, which the judge rejected. Mr. Ross claims that the judge's rejection of his case caused him to lose his home, his job, and his family.

I'm am still just a bit curious if they will find a link between Hale and Ross. Hale may not be the least bit involved in the murders, but I have a suspicion, that if the police can find any connection, they will try to charge Hale with conspiracy.

Related News Links:
www.chicagotribune.com

[edit on 3-10-2005 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Supposedly Ross had lost some case under lefkow, something involving a pharmatceutical company or something, and he figures he was bankrupted because of this. Apparently he was living out of his car for a while.

However, the case is strange. There were reports of two people, and older and a younger. Ross could just be the older. There were 'shells' that match in type whatever ross used to kill himself, but also the murders appeared to have involved a handgun 'which doesn't eject shells', apparently. Also, the description of the younger man seems to have very very short hair, a skinhead perhaps even?

I have to wonder if the World Church of the Creator used this guy to commit the murders, and also to cover up their involvement. I mean, the dna evidence is from cigs left outside and inside the house, in the sink none the less, not even buried in the garbage. And he left shells around?

And where'd he get a gun from, he's dirt poor but does that?
Not to say its immpossible. But, what if the WCC contacted him, because they wanted someone that was desperate, and helped him commit the murders?

Ross's gripe doesn't seem like the type of thing that you'd execute the famly for.

Also, his car is a big distinctive van, were there reports of that van at the scene or no? He can't have mutliple cars, he's homeless.

Anyway, I guess it will turn based on the genetic evidence.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There's something fishy about this, I agree.

However, as for "homeless" or poor folk having weapons, and multiple cars-it's rather common here in my neighborhood. All the apartments in the area only have one parking spot covered, but there is never room on the streets. Gangs in Hayward have no trouble getting a firearm for cheap with cash aid given out by the various County welfare agencies. The lower under the radar an individual is, the more access he/she has to individuals who need to "get rid" of a particular firearm.

Vehicles bought and sold on the side of the street, where titles are never updated, for years, patched together in backyard garages and sold for a couple hundred bucks, or less. They last a couple of weeks, and are abandoned where they die. The last listed owner on the title, probably sold the car six months ago-hopefuly turned their release of interest form into the DMV on time. Sometimes a vehicle has been through two or more owners and sellers already, making it totally impossible to trace it back. Especially if names given were based on fake ID's and no bills of sale kept. Sticking it to "el gringo" sure makes it convenient to get untraceable dangerous goodies.

If I was welcome into the right circles down here, I could easily score a revolver (shells left behind not by ejection but by dumping the cylinder to reload?) or two, and a couple disposable cars to drop off to be chopped , or torch and leave it somewhere.

Why do you think the major terrorists organizations seek so strongly to recruit within street gangs, and work so closely with various individuals who smuggle illegal immigrants? They know the right people, they know where things can be bought without questions.

Why would this guy be carrying a note to admit guilt? If he was going to brag about it, he'd have done so after being arrested. He could have made himself a media celebrity. Unless the "admission" was really more of a report, and the murders performed on commission, and the notes and stuff were evidence so he ccould report to his employer and get paid.

If this speculation is true, he would have to have been very terrified of his "employer"-and believed this employer could get to him easily in custody.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can definately understand this man's motivation for the killing. Provided no outside influence is involved. If he felt the judge ruined his life, and he had no other options. He was in a no lose situation.

What makes me think that there is some connection between the two is this second man that was mentioned by possible witnesses. A man like Ross, with a personal grudge isn't likely to draft any help. But a man like Hale, who has a network behind him could possible have found their Oswald to do their deed, and the other man may have been on the grassy knoll, insuring that the deed got done.

If, as was suggested, Ross had kept notes on the deal, and those are part of the evidence, it will help them track down the second shooter, and that man just might be the connection to Hale.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Don't you think it is strange that the guy was supposedly stopped for a routine traffic violation and then shot himself but just happened to have a suicide letter in the car. Now I am not saying it is not possible but I find it mighty convenient he killed himself as a result of a traffic stop and had a suicide note with him.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Don't you think it is strange that the guy was supposedly stopped for a routine traffic violation and then shot himself but just happened to have a suicide letter in the car.

Er, no, it doesn't seem strange at all. It seems rather consistent. Suicide, along with a suicide note. A patrol officer just happened to notice him shortly before he commited suicide on the street.

I find it mighty convenient he killed himself as a result of a traffic stop and had a suicide note with him.

You suggest what then? That the cop killed him, out of the blue, and the guy just happened to be someone who did indeed have a huge grudge against the judge? And that this patrol cop knew details of the lefkow murder that weren't privy to patrol cops and included them in the note?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In my post, I go over some inconsistencies with the whole suicide thing. I don't think I can go so far as to say that the cop shot him, but cops carry 9mm's and Ross's weapon of choice seems to be a .22.

Suicide/Murder Inconsistencies

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
In my post, I go over some inconsistencies with the whole suicide thing. I don't think I can go so far as to say that the cop shot him, but cops carry 9mm's and Ross's weapon of choice seems to be a .22.

Suicide/Murder Inconsistencies

Excellent post you've linked to chaosrain!

I had heard this AM that they believe now that he acted alone. I hope that doesn't mean they are going to stop looking for the other man in their sketches. Now that I think about it... he did look a little like the cop they were interviewing. The one that was the officer that effected the traffic stop.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by goose
Don't you think it is strange that the guy was supposedly stopped for a routine traffic violation and then shot himself but just happened to have a suicide letter in the car.

Er, no, it doesn't seem strange at all. It seems rather consistent. Suicide, along with a suicide note. A patrol officer just happened to notice him shortly before he commited suicide on the street.

I find it mighty convenient he killed himself as a result of a traffic stop and had a suicide note with him.

You suggest what then? That the cop killed him, out of the blue, and the guy just happened to be someone who did indeed have a huge grudge against the judge? And that this patrol cop knew details of the lefkow murder that weren't privy to patrol cops and included them in the note?

My point is they made it sound like the guy thought he had got caught (stopped for a routine traffic stop) and that is why he killed himself, but he just happened to have a suicide note with him. People saw more than one intruder now they are blaming it all on the one guy. It all seems to be convenient for someone.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The two suspects that were noticed by witnesses were not together. One was in a car and the other was on the sidewalk. Those were simply two people that witnesses could recall being in the area.

Seems to me this case is a done deal. No point in looking for conspiracy where there isn't one.

top topics

join