It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood on politics...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
If there's one thing actors do well, it's acting.

That's why they say politics is showbusiness for ugly people.

Clint was never a looker though. Unless you give him extra points for being ugly in a charismatic way. Which does work for most of the characters he's played. That thing on his lip could have been hideous on a different face but I guess it just works on his. He's also really smart so that never hurts.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh, I agree with you on that particular thought.

It's one of the reasons TV and I don't really cross paths much anymore...

It's far, far too easy to let the idiot box guide ones opinions.

Me too I find it nausiating, it's mental how a movie star will wear a particular brand of clothing, next thing you know that line of clothing is in demand, same goes for any product, as soon as it's endorsed by someone famous, boom it's a sell out.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Their opinions are just as valid as both yours and mine, however, they have a media outlet and people take it like they just came back from church and the egos of celebrities doesn't help.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I'm so tired of hearing this everywhere I go. A persons career choice should not be the determining factor of whether they have a valid opinion or not. Do truck drivers have a less valid opinion then software developers when it comes to political issues? Of course not. We all have opinions and they should all be accounted for.

I think part of it is that, due to the status of those who are famous and in the public spotlight, they have a platform from w which they speak their messages, and whereupon people listen to them, even if they don't want to hear it. This, in turn, can make the average person somewhat jealous and angry, because he or she is simply reduced to screaming about # on the internet with few listening. And some people snap. Most opinions are valid, but they don't all have the same reach or influence.

It doesn't help that people are equally angered or annoyed because the majority of Hollywood has a liberal persuasion.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I do find it funny that most of them are democrats and that party demonizes millionaires....

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I always thought Mr. Eastwood was a staunch republican and conservative. Perhaps I was wrong.

He's also a decent man. I haven't personally worked with him, but I know quite a few who have.

From what I read on his support of Bloomberg over Trump, it's because he doesn't agree with the way Trump conducts himself or the way he talks: he's ill-mannered and sophomoric, what with his insults and such.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

democrats

I am politically illiterate, I don't know the meaning of that word.
I don't know the difference between a liberal, a conservative, a republican or a democrat or all the other goofy terms, so you lost me.

I learned a long time ago, that if everyone around me is using that language and lingo and running around like chickens with their heads cut off while looking goofy....I can opt out of learning the goofy language.
No offence meant, I just don't speak that language, its against my best interests.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

The cows in the pasture don’t speak farmer either.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The characters he portrays are conservative for sure. Dirty Harry, "The Good", or Walt Kowalski.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well said, thank you.

Making an edit.
Sometimes a cow knows when he is being led to the slaughter.
edit on 23-2-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I always thought Mr. Eastwood was a staunch republican and conservative. Perhaps I was wrong. Now he supports Bloomberg, how strange...
American politics is full of surprises.

fox2now.com...

You're not wrong. Bloomberg is a staunch Republican, running as a Democrat. Just like Donald Trump was a liberal Democrat before he ran for President as a Republican.

It's called opportunism. Billionaires are really good at that!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

No, their opinions are just as valid as a truck drivers.
But that’s my point too.

They don’t deserve the attention.

LOL.. EEEE'ZEE trigger😅

Albeit there is a trucker Mod here who's opinion does matter, and a few more.
Yes Eastwood is California Hollywood true and through. He's trying to steer straight at best.

Was I surprised he went there... yes, yes I was. But again. It's Hollywood.

Most didn't get it. I did..

edit on 23-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I always thought Mr. Eastwood was a staunch republican and conservative. Perhaps I was wrong. Now he supports Bloomberg, how strange...

fox2now.com...

I don’t see anything not-Republican in that.

Exactly.

second line

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

fox2now.com...

You're not wrong. Bloomberg is a staunch Republican, running as a Democrat. Just like Donald Trump was a liberal Democrat before he ran for President as a Republican.

WRONG.

Bloomberg was a Democrat FIRST.
Became a Republican for a short time...before switching to Independent...and then BACK to Democrat.

It all came back to his first political campaign, his run for mayor of New York City in 2001. Though leading up to that point, Bloomberg had been a Democrat, at that point, the Democratic field was already large and crowded.

He eventually switched to an independent before coming back home to the Democratic Party.

In any event, Bloomberg may be moderate by the standards of today's Democratic Party, but effectively he was always a Democrat. He simply took advantage of the fact that the Republican Party in 2001 was the clearer path to becoming mayor.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 23-2-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That just proves my point even further. Bloomberg, like Trump, is an opportunist more than he is a Democrat.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That just proves my point even further. Bloomberg, like Trump, is an opportunist more than he is a Democrat.

NO.
Your point was: "Bloomberg is a staunch Republican, running as a Democrat."

I proved your point wrong.
edit on 23-2-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: seagull

Perhaps, I'm just basing my opinion how the tv steers peoples opinions, also people fall in love with their idols and will defend and agree with them even when they are wrong or being a douchebag.

or a twitter clown.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No matter what he pretends to be, or what he's saying he is now, today, ...Bloomberg is and will always be a staunch Republican.

He's a never Trumper. He's willing to do what it takes to take Trump down. He's putting his money where his mouth is on this one. Which is neither a Democrat or a Republican thing to do. It's a patriotic thing to do, at least in his staunch Republican mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This is a funny debate but you are definitely right. I posted that bloomberg was not a democrat for the last 20 years until about 1.5 years ago, but i did not mention he was independent. The bait was taken and you called them out. Nice!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You are so funny. He only exists to ensure Bernie does not get a majority of delegates in the first ballot thereby triggering a brokered convention. Your own party is trying to # you over and you are still defending them. Nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join