It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brothers- Share a Room Or Separate Rooms?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

7 kids? That defiantly adds some legitimacy to your points, plus I like that it may help them stay in their own rooms at night. Right now the 3 year old is in our room by 4 am just about every night.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

It's easy. Save yourself all the pain now.

One room, small, no window, slot for a door.

They're boys you know, haven't you seen Harry Potter?

Or why not build a house with one room and more love, security and attention than walls can provide.

Whatever you do, have fun, build strong and enjoy.

ps, pics or it didn't happen and can we help choose a name for your house or do you already have one?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
One could have them share a room in the beginning with an eye for turning the playroom into a 2nd bedroom once they're older.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Be aware, on the other hand, that a bottom-bunk sleeper with long enough legs can kick up at the upper bunk.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

My brother is only 1 year younger than me.
I shared a bedroom and a bed with him until I was 15.

It wont hurt them to share a room.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have three kids about three years apart. The two youngest are boys. We have moved around a lot and have rented some houses that required the boys to share a room. This was when they were 4 & 7 until they were 8 & 11. I was pretty surprised how well they got along. The only issues were when the oldest had friends over and wanted the room to himself. Still, wasn't a huge deal.

Now we own a 4 bedroom and they each have a room that shares a bathroom in the middle. They enjoy having their own room but they also spend a lot of time in each other's space. The youngest will even sleep with the oldest sometimes. I think sharing a room was a good experience for them though.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

My brother is only 1 year younger than me.
I shared a bedroom and a bed with him until I was 15.

It wont hurt them to share a room.

I agree.
Any needs beyond medical and the basic needs for children concerning a house/home are secondary to the parent's wants, needs and any limiting factors. The parents are likely to occupy the house far longer than children and their wants, needs and any limiting factors are priority.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTraveler

Any needs beyond medical and the basic needs for children concerning a house/home are secondary to the parent's wants,

I disagree.

The reason I shared a bedroom with my brother was because we were very poor. Not because my parents wanted more and to get it they gave us kids less. We all had less together.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The mentality behind "the kids NEED their own room/space" is what created a generation that thinks they're owed something (gimme dats). I grew up lower middle class and shared a bedroom with my younger brother. While nice if you can afford to, it should not be a driving priority. Their "privacy" from siblings is not crucial to their survival and development.
edit on 26-2-2020 by TheTraveler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join