It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hopkinsville Creatures: What On Earth Were They

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

oh wow, my grandmother owned that book and one of the most formative experiences of my youth was peeking in it and getting terrified by what i saw, then slamming it shut and hiding it behind my grandfather's Asterix book collection until the next time i was brave enough to look inside.
I still think about that book a lot! thankyou for giving me a lead on finding a copy

edit on 24-2-2020 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Richard Dolan reviews a blue book case from back in the 50s. At a farm house with children and several adults they were confronted by as many as 12 small strange creatures. One of the adults had seen what he thought was some kind of ship land earlier in the evening. Things got interesting after dark when these 3 foot tall bat eared creatures started showing up. Now this was a farm house out in the country and you can bet the owner had firearms, which he did. He had a 20 guage shotgun and a .22 caliber rifle.

The first creature that was seen made no menacing gestures and in fact had both his arms and hands raised in a way that we would also probably do when confronted with two guys armed and pointing guns at us.. So what did our brave first contact humans do...they open fire at less than 20 feet away !! The creature did a back flip and disappeared into the farm field.. But not long afterward he came back with his friends and spent the whole night playing "dodge the bullets" with the family.. The family said when they actually shot and hit one of the little fellows it sound like shooting a metal pot.. I guess the Aliens thought it was fun for none seemed worse for the wear ?

Cops came the next day and even the military got involved but nothing was found other than some bullet holes through the windows and house.. The cops left around 02:00 and by 03:00am the creatures were back but left at sunrise to never be seen again.. I think I have heard this story before many years ago but few can cover this sort of thing like Richard does IMO.

youtu.be...

You know, I don't care what they were, I'm just glad to see a thread that's not about politics or "the virus". Thanks for posting this!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think little green men with pointy ears are even an archetype commonly seen in shamanic visions. a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The documentary series 'Hellier' touched upon this case somewhat.

Can recommend it if you're into high strangeness. Both seasons are out for free on YouTube.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There's also a difference in size between a honey badger and a bear. Just saying....

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: AaarghZombies

There's a difference in size between a bear (we all know what a bear is) and these goblin-like creatures, if said creature remains still and unmoving with its hands in the air, you stand ready to shoot but wait, they may have had the answer to life, the universe and everything.
So to you, something you or knowbody else has ever seen before gets shot without hesitation?
Hands raised on a creature with intelligence could mean it's showing you they are unarmed.

ETA

If a bear appeared on the path in front of you with it's paws raised in the air

For all we know it may be about to break into a rendition of "bear necessities"

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
they were the subject of Project Blue Book two weeks ago. A shame the aliens depicted in this episode in no way resembled the aliens as represented in this sighting.

When even Hynek himself in no way resembles the real Hynek (aside from beard & specs), all bets are off. Yet that doesn't detract from the series being outrageously good fun. Just leave your brain in jar, put all UFO research books to one side, and it's a hoot!

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I can imagine the Kentuckian visitors resembling an army of new-age Yodas with ray-guns...

Am I close?

originally posted by: Kurokage

For all we know it may be about to break into a rendition of "bear necessities"

Look for the South necessities
The simple South necessities
Like a twelve-bore and a 12" hunting knife,
I mean the South necessities
Of old Kentucky's recipes
That blast away all trace of Alien life.

edit on 26-2-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It did happen. My whole family is from that area. In fact most of them are buried in Slaughters Cemetary. My mother is 95 years old...born in Hopkins County. When I asked her about this a while back she remembers hearing the stories.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Also....I believe she said that they found scratch marks on the roof of the house the next day.

a reply to: ILVBRADPITT25

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This case represents part of a pattern, that was not uncommon by that time. The hairy creatures that appear with UFOs. They (ETI) use this narrative device to make the phenomenon stranger, to give the opportunity for sceptics to make the point that this is not respectful subject, that if it was respectful they should behave in such and such manner and so on.
It also very good use of shock comedy and black humor for trapping us in our expectative for a conclusion in the UFO situation. But it also permits a linkage to early apparitions of the medieval monsters and the ancient history monsters from the time of the Greeks or even Sumer.

This case is 100% legit and very important, one of the first high strangeness to the modern UFO.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
I think little green men with pointy ears are even an archetype commonly seen in shamanic visions. a reply to: KKLOCO

Also flying saucers lol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdc44c7ffca6.jpg[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Northern European fae lore is also chocked full of absurd encounters like this (as well other time anomaly aspects).

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Almost all shamanic traditions all over the planet, have all these common themes.

Then it runs throughout folklore for literally thousands of years. As you mentioned.

I find it astonishing that this information is being suppressed from the public, still to this day.

Goes to show you just how asleep so many of the masses are. If they really knew what happens behind the veil, they would live their lives completely differently.

YOLO is today’s modo. Selfies and screwing good people over for self gain.

Sorry, this is not what I expected 2020 to be like. Old soul...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Can't remember where I read it but someone suggested what they had seen were great horned owls and to be honest when you read the original descriptions it does kind of fit, especially if you add some of the possible factors others have mentioned in this thread (alcohol, group mentality, new to the area, low IQ etc).

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Certainly a lot of parallels mate and thought Graham made some interesting observations here about the subject - also really liked the Vallee quote about the 'projection booth' found in this compilation (although don't know if it has anything whatsoever to do with Hopkinsville).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join