It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hopkinsville Creatures: What On Earth Were They

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

What I find interesting is considering the two events in perspective.

Took place within 24 hours of each other; this in a pre-internet era. Doubtful that the children in California had already heard about the Hopkinsville report. If only because of this, it makes me think the people in Hopkinsville saw something very odd. "Something was in the air" etc.

I suspect too often these events are considered in isolation. In some cases at least, a broader perspective might suggest possibilities otherwise not obvious.

Cheers
edit on 23-2-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Another story of a weird creature coming out of a cave or a mine:
www.desmoinesregister.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Oh right, I understand
Excellent idea to offer those creature pics as something to start with on the identification front

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I don’t known if I see the similarities between the cases besides the timeline as you suggested. With more evidence there might be more to tie the two together.

The cali case was specific in targeting children and not adults. Those “things” did not seem playful.

The OP’s case seemed liked a game of shoot em’ up at your local state fair.

The California case holds more water in my opinion. Bur I am always open and ready to listen and learn new details in any case.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The TV show Project Blue Book had this event as the basis for their episode last week. This also ties in with the series Hellier, they mention this case and actually start the series checking out a case involving "goblins". Hellier is in Kentucky

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A different race of beings that have been on this planet a long time. They use natural cave systems as their homes and are nocturnal. If you get bored, look up troll/goblin sightings in the US. Then, natural cave systems in the US. They line up pretty freaking close.
They match descriptions of 'greys', fairies and demons. With hell, the fairy realm, and Alien bases all reported to be underground.
The depiction of them shows a creature thats small in stature with large eyes and ears. Small to move through the caves, big eyes to see better in the dark, and large pointy ears are helpful to locate the direction of sound and echos, which is probably useful to hear with in a cave system.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

No copy-catting going on there, far different 'creatures' were described there in that incident. Thanks for sharing, I had never heard of that encounter before.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
they were the subject of Project Blue Book two weeks ago. A shame the aliens depicted in this episode in no way resembled the aliens as represented in this sighting.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here's a screenshot of the Hopkinsville creatures, imagined as aliens on their home planet.

First time using this screenshot app, so hope it comes out clear.
(For a bigger version right click mouse and select view image.)

From one of my favorite children's books: The World of the Unknown: All about UFO's. Authored by Wilding-White. Usborne Publications, London: 1977. Pages 26-27.

Still in my book collection.

edit on 23-2-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have read that the Hopkinsville witnesses were pretty unsophisticated and were likely involved in some shady business and cooking up illegal moonshine up in the hollers. That's one of the reasons why everybody decided to start shooting at the "creatures.". They were loaded for bear and revenuers.

Makes you wonder if maybe they got some bad hooch and were hallucinating a bit at the same time another still operator attacked the shack by surprise. Imagination fired by mountain dew.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I actually can't help liking this specific case. It's one of those stories frozen in time. There was no revival with witnesses crawling out of the woodwork 30-40 years afterwards like Roswell. Unlike Roswell the aliens form part of the original story and were not introduced decades later. But it seems no one wanted to believe it at the time and perhaps no one really believes it fully today. Roswell became a modern day myth. This story remains a quaint piece of folklore.

I posted a thread on it 5 years ago for the 60th anniversary :

"The Little Green Men of Hopkinsville" - 60th Anniversary Reboot.

From what I recall Deputy Sheriff George Batts accused some of the family of drinking. But that was never proven. The home owner, Mrs Lankford, was teetotal and would not allow alcohol into her home. Although she was barely literate and it seemed the family were subject to much ridicule at the time.

Project Blue Book didn't 'investigate' until 1957 and concluded that the reports were not substantiated.

There is a snippet of an old reconstruction and interview with some of the folks involved on Youtube which was made many moons ago...

I have no idea how much is true or not. My own opinion is just enjoy it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

i grew up upstate new york.
during the second woodstalk festival, i think it was 1991, they had to warn the farmers, 'do not shoot random people' because those people might be drunk and stumbled upon your farmland.

this is new york lmfao.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I grew up 8 miles from where this happened. It was not actually Hopkinsville, it was a little community named Kelly, about halfway between Hopkinsville and Crofton. Which is about 13 miles apart. My grandfather, who was from Crofton, knew the people, and knew they were fond of the recreational beverages. Not many from the area believed anything they had to say.

Someone believed them though, as now they have a festival for it. I've never been, but I hear it's actually pretty decent if you have children.

Kelly Green Men Festival

I had family that lived in Crofton when I was young, and when we went to visit, as we drove through Kelly, me and my sister always wanted to go the "old road" to drive by the farm where the aliens landed. Neat little tale growing up for sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a group psychedelic experience. I’ve heard of shared experiences during shamanic rituals in South America. Perhaps they somehow were under the influence of powerful psychoactive drugs?

Would make for a great movie.

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Sounds like a group psychedelic experience. I’ve heard of shared experiences during shamanic rituals in South America. Perhaps they somehow were under the influence of powerful psychoactive drugs?

Improperly distilled moonshine has long been known to sometimes have an extremely high amount of lead in it, and lead poisoning has some curious symptoms including loss of motor control and impaired brain function.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This IS ATS, so.....
The time frame fits with the Roswell incident, which began the belief in UFO's. Is the government really covering up information, or are they CREATING a new belief system to hide their secret programs?
Ufo-ism has become a religion in its own right.

Was Area 51 built to hide UFO's, or secretly develop fighter jets and advance technology?

Funny how so many sightings happen around military installations. I live not far from an AFB, and I've seen many unidentifiable flying craft, as have many who live in this neck of the woods. The older I get, the more I entertain the idea that our government created the UFO ideology of UFO's to keep ther black budget projects secret.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The older I get, the more I entertain the idea that our government created the UFO ideology of UFO's to keep ther black budget projects secret.

They may have helped encourage the UFO mythology -- aliens from space and all that jazz -- but there's no way they could be responsible for all of the sightings, particularly those that don't make any sense and have no obvious link to any kind of black project or research.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808

I’m thinking you’re on to something here. Maybe some wild mushrooms?

BTW, thank you for not calling it a ‘shared hallucination’. As so many have a difficulty differentiating between the two.
edit on 24-2-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's them damn hopping hobgoblins I tell ya. They're crafty with their metallurgy body armor. You gotta blast em with a 50 cal long range, or a 12 gauge sabot slug at point blank range. They just explode into green goo.
edit on 24-2-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Astonishing Legends did a deep dive (as they always do) into this account a few years ago. There are 3 parts to this podcast and here is the 1st part. Astonishing Legends are hands down the best recounters of legitimate mysteries out there. I particularly like how they try to debunk them as well.

Ultimately in the end it remains a true mystery as to what happened. To listen to the subsequent podcast just go to their archives and search for it or just let the player skip to the next one once the first one completes.

Enjoy:

Part 1 - The Kelly Hopkinsville Encounters

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join