It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing what I know now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I doubt there are more than thousand creators of the universe.

I could be wrong though.

Only a creator of all this would be worthy to call a god.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
yes, after what Jesus did...He can be my King anytime. He addressed the begining of time and promised a return....told why death is....and where one goeth thenceforth....

a reply to: Out6of9Balance

edit on 23-2-2020 by GBP/JPY because: texas tradition

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

It's the living sacrifice!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
By the way, I'm not ashamed of anything, especially not enough to believe in a special imaginary friend in the sky who has allowed countless atrocities in it's name. One that doesn't punish molestors and rapists but does, in fact, sit by while that same form of predator claims to represent it.

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The only one responsible are the people who committed the acts of evil. I think there is something fundamentally flawed in blaming God for the evil of men. This would be like convicting and giving the death penalty to the parents of a serial killer.

Indeed, God is never the source of wickedness. The Bible makes this quite clear. Those who attribute such things as murder and terrorism to God are maligning him. Note what Job 34:10 says: “Far be it from the true God to act wickedly, and the Almighty to act unjustly!” Similarly, James 1:13 states: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” So if you have suffered evil, rest assured that God is not the cause.

Why Does God Permit Suffering? ("sit by" as Magnivea puts it, which isn't entirely accurate regarding what he is doing)

Who Rules the World?

The foregoing still leaves us with the question, If God is loving, just, and powerful, why are we surrounded by evil? One common misperception needs to be cleared up first. Many people think of Almighty God as the ruler of this world, the one who is in direct control of everything. “Not one atom or molecule of the universe is outside his active rule,” said the president of one theological seminary. Does the Bible really teach that?

Not at all. Many are surprised to learn what the Bible actually says about who rules the world. For example, 1 John 5:19 states: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” Who is this wicked one? Jesus Christ identified him as Satan the Devil, whom he called “the ruler of the world.” (John 14:30) Now, does that not make sense? Satan is cruel, deceptive, and hateful​—traits that underlie much of the suffering that people experience. Why, though, does God allow Satan to rule?

An Issue Raised in Eden

How would a loving and capable parent feel if he was publicly accused of lying to his children, abusing his authority over them, and withholding good things from them? Would he disprove those slanderous accusations by physically assaulting his accuser? Of course not! In fact, by reacting in such a manner, he might give credibility to the accusations.

Why Has God Not Intervened?

edit on 25-2-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
They have Satan for their god and wonder why God allows suffering? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Knowing what I know now

If I were to carry the responsibility of being the creator of humanity I would destroy it.

I know now why some like to tell themselves there's no god. They need to help themselves deluding themselves with lies to keep on being a disgrace. Many need to become ashamed of themselves.

Humanity has become a failure and a disgrace.

When your own tolerance has failed, there is only one thing to destroy.

Yourself.

Then be reborn with your new acceptance and understanding of YOUR limits.

Tolerance will grow and the world not only feel like a more acceptable place but will reflect BACK AT YOU your new strenth in the form of positive energy.

That you were able to nurture and share.

I love you.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

It's been hard proving myself wrong so far.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: blueman12

I doubt there are more than thousand creators of the universe.

What if each universe has a creator and a questioner, part of the same thing. There are as many universes as there are creators and questioners.

I could be wrong though.

And right, if you want to. It's your universe.

Only a creator of all this would be worthy to call a god.

This god respects any other god who doesn't need to play god.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's been hard proving myself wrong so far.

When it becomes easy, you will no longer have the need to try so hard.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

They have Satan for their god and wonder why God allows suffering? I don't think so.

If faith is placed in something other than ourselves, who has failed?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

If faith is placed in something other than ourselves, who has failed?

Thousands today claim to have found the secret to relief from stress and tension. How? By philosophies, both Oriental and Western. Some believe in strong optimism through the ‘power of positive thinking.’ “Be confident!” they say. “Believe in yourself and your own ability to succeed!”

Is this the answer to today’s pressures?

Obviously, such philosophy will not get you through a traffic jam if you are surrounded by long lines of cars. Of course, confidence and optimism are fine. But they need a solid basis. To illustrate: Some time ago, the New York Times Magazine published an article on J. I. Rodale, a successful publisher and a leader in the field of organic farming and health foods. He was quoted as saying: “I’m going to live to be 100, unless I’m run down by a sugar-crazed taxi driver.” The day after the article appeared, he died of a heart attack at the age of seventy-two.

To live in a dream world and build air castles out of our own ambitions or imagined abilities may be soothing. But if the only foundation is our own imperfect ability and thinking, or the shifting philosophies of dying men, we are due for a rude awakening someday.

Some people use the notion of believing in oneself as some kind of alternative to believing in God('s existence), which is a bit weird. Being confident in oneself is not mutually exclusive with believing in God('s existence). So what does believing in yourself as opposed to* believing in God('s existence) even mean in that case? *: in supposed contrast to

I recon different people can give different meanings to the notion of believing in oneself as an alternative or in contrast to believing in God. Perhaps quite a few people think of it as believing in one's ability to judge for themselves what is good and what is bad (and/or think of it as acting accordingly, judging for themselves), like the way Adam and Eve started to 'believe in themselves', so to speak*, when they ate the forbidden fruit (Ge 2:17; 3:5, 6; details in my comment in the thread about sacrifice)?

*: applying that concept of believing in oneself in this context:

After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit (Ge 2:17; 3:5, 6), Jehovah said to his associate in creative work (Joh 1:1-3): “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad.” (Ge 3:22) This apparently did not mean merely having knowledge of what was good and what was bad for them, for the first man and woman had such knowledge by reason of God’s commands to them. Furthermore, God’s words at Genesis 3:22 could not pertain to their now knowing what was bad by experience, for Jehovah said that they had become like him and he has not learned what is bad by doing it. (Ps 92:14, 15) Evidently, Adam and Eve got to know what was good and what was bad in the special sense of now judging for themselves what was good and what was bad. They were idolatrously placing their judgment above God’s, disobediently becoming a law to themselves, as it were, instead of obeying Jehovah, who has both the right and the wisdom necessary to determine good and bad. So their independent knowledge, or standard, of good and bad was not like that of Jehovah. Rather, it was one that led them to misery.​—Jer 10:23.

Source: Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)
edit on 25-2-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Care to share with us what it is you know that would lead you to the decision to destroy humanity if you were God? Why are you destroying humanity and what exactly are you aiming to achieve? What is the end goal? Knowing what I know, if I were God I would have done things exactly as God did it. After thinking it all through, I really couldn't come up with a better plan than his that would have actually worked.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

The mocking people do, the oppression, the arguing, the harm, the lack of love, the ignorance.

I'd swat them like flies.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
In non duality there is no evil or good... there is just what is.

Non duality also means there is no separate person responsible for anything.

It is just a movie.... just an appearance..... in the movie absolutely anything can happen without condition.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Dcopymope

The mocking people do, the oppression, the arguing, the harm, the lack of love, the ignorance.

I'd swat them like flies.

That is your weakness, not theirs.

If you are so good/smart/better or positive, you should TRY helping everyone first. Then know when is right to give up.

No try = fail

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It's not my weakness, it's theirs, and at least I myself have the conviction being any of it is wrong.

You're right, we all should try and be an example, but do you think everybody will listen?

It's 2020 and nothing changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join