It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earther "Mad" Mike Hughes dies in crash of homemade rocket

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
Dumb enough to believe the earth is flat yet smart enough to build a rocket.

That some sit up pretty good eh đź‘Ź

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Not very smart but he had a large set of ballz apparently.

But alas his large set of ballz are as flat as he thought the Earth was.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
While I do not agree with his reason for doing so, he did manage to put a rocket into absolute minimum geo synchronous orbit.

He had the spirit of an explorer arguing with a brick wall.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I find it pretty hard to have any sympathy for people like that. This was just dumb.

Why did people have sympathy for the dare-devil Evil Knievel, but not for dare-devil Mike Hughes? One was a motorcycle stuntman, the other was a rocket stuntman. Both were stuntmen.

Odd thing about that is both ended their career in a steam powered rocket, except Knievel survived.
It made me sad to see Mike Hughes crash that way.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
First time I've ever heard of the man but damn..what a horrible way to go. That video was awful. My sympathies go out to his family and friends.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My inner child salutes you Mike Hughs.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: firerescue

I'm not actually sure what his stunt was supposed to achieve in a day and age when private companies have their own rockets that regularly go out of the atmosphere.

But even NASA and Roscosmos had their fair share of fatalities.

List of spaceflight-related accidents and incidents
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Condolences to all those who have now lost a loved one.

But we all know those private companies are in on it, perpetuating the myth that the Earth is spherical.. they use those fish eye lens thingamabobs to fool us, because a round Earth makes more money than the truth of a flat earth...

The people who died in those Never A Straight Answer group 'accidents' are all paid actors who are sitting pretty in their private mansions somewhere on the moon, eating H3 cooked bacon sammiches.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Why didn't he just walk to the edge wearing a jet pack and jump off the edge. He could have at least had a chance at making it back onto the flat earth.

You can't. There is a massive glacial wall around the edge to stop people from doing just that.

It's why boats don't fall off the edge too, and planes that do fly over it, magically appear on the other side like a massive game of pacman.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I watched the documentary on this goober a while back. Netflix maybe?
I don’t think he really bought in to the flat earth crap whole heartedly, I think it was his excuse to start launching these steam rockets. He did it trying to grab his moment of fame and to make a little money. The whole documentary is half about the rockets, and half his failed life. A lot of what he was doing depended upon them making money off the film as they talked about that in the actual film.
And...he was scared he was going to die doing this stupid crap. Airliners go higher than his rockets ever did. Lol
A $49 ride to Vegas would have got a better picture.

Edit: it’s on Amazon Prime. Rocket Man
edit on 23-2-2020 by TexasTruth because: Amazon

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Just because we've never seen or filmed a rocket from Earth, flying higher than an airplane, appearing as a speck in the sky, it certainly doesn't matter, if you see lights move above you at night, later on, because THAT is what 'proves' rockets go into 'orbit'.

Nobody cares to see them for more than three minutes at the launch site, when they all vanish from sight, over the ocean! Why would NASA tell us where to see rockets fly around Earth before going into 'orbit', we all KNOW they go into 'orbit', without seeing it fly higher than an airplane!

I'm sure nobody wants proof of it, by seeing and filming it, after it vanishes out of view, within the first three minutes, right?

That would really be stupid, wouldn't it?

As for the stuntman, if he was trying to prove the Earth was flat, the last thing you'd do is fly in a rocket, because a rocket crashes to Earth, every time.

Why do you think we only see rockets for about three minutes, when they fly out of sight, over the ocean? Think hard.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'm not actually sure what his stunt was supposed to achieve in a day and age when private companies have their own rockets that regularly go out of the atmosphere.

But even NASA and Roscosmos had their fair share of fatalities.

List of spaceflight-related accidents and incidents
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Condolences to all those who have now lost a loved one.

But we all know those private companies are in on it, perpetuating the myth that the Earth is spherical.. they use those fish eye lens thingamabobs to fool us, because a round Earth makes more money than the truth of a flat earth...

The people who died in those Never A Straight Answer group 'accidents' are all paid actors who are sitting pretty in their private mansions somewhere on the moon, eating H3 cooked bacon sammiches.

I have met a couple of the survivors.

They would be really crap as actors. Nerdy cowboys!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

On his way to flat heaven...

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If he wanted to prove the Earth was flat, why would he think he could fly into 'space', which would be the firmament above Earth. preventing rockets from flying beyond Earth?

He probably believed the Earth was flat, but didn't consider what it implies about rockets, or space, and they wanted to make him look like a crazy fool, for ever believing the Earth was flat, by funding his rocket.

It's sad, to think some of you are happy to see him die, simply because of something he believed. To simply believe the Earth is flat, or round, or whatever, is simply a belief, like any other beliefs, opposed to one another.

To celebrate someone dying, merely because he thought Earth was not a big ball, flying through 'space', is pretty sickening, and disgusting, and you should be ashamed.

Would you celebrate someone dying for any other belief they had, or is this a special case?

This is complete crap.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
His death is being reported internationally, but they're describing him as a rocket enthusiast and a reality TV contestant, not a flat earther.

I think that I remember something about him a few years ago planning to ride a rocket up to take pictures that he believed would prove that the earth was a flat disc with an edge, but I thought that it would be unmanned.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
If he wanted to prove the Earth was flat, why would he think he could fly into 'space', which would be the firmament above Earth. preventing rockets from flying beyond Earth?

He probably believed the Earth was flat, but didn't consider what it implies about rockets, or space, and they wanted to make him look like a crazy fool, for ever believing the Earth was flat, by funding his rocket.

It's sad, to think some of you are happy to see him die, simply because of something he believed. To simply believe the Earth is flat, or round, or whatever, is simply a belief, like any other beliefs, opposed to one another.

To celebrate someone dying, merely because he thought Earth was not a big ball, flying through 'space', is pretty sickening, and disgusting, and you should be ashamed.

Would you celebrate someone dying for any other belief they had, or is this a special case?

This is complete crap.

I think that he believes in space, but that the atmosphere is a dome, not that the sky is a dome.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

RiP "Mad" Mike , he chased a dream that was always going to end in his own death.

edit on 23-2-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: turbonium1

*thinks hard*

I think we only see the rockets up to a certain point because we have these tiny gelatinous orbs that pick up only a tiny range of the entire spectrum, and they are limited to just how far we can see.

Don't worry - in a few thousand years when we have the ability to see craters on the moon just by looking at it - despite it by then being even further away - you'll be able to see the rockets for longer.

I'd shake my head, but I'd get dizzy because I'm too busy trying to stay on the ground with the so called round earth spinning around so fast not flinging us off..

link   
a reply to: turbonium1

probably because he... like the rest of you.... are all morons

its extremely sad to see someone kill themselves for something like this but, unfortunately the Darwin awards should really be a thing... this guy just got first prize

what is actually disgusting, is that there are people who believe the earth is flat so whole heartedly that they are willing to risk their lives to prove it!

Hilarious as it might be... realize that people like this will be the downfall of our species... and YOU are happy to promote this "crap"

you think we live in a F***ing snow globe dude... wake up

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

haha Nerdy Cowboys..
Why am I picturing Sheldon Cooper wearing boots, chaps and a cowboy hat, chewing on a piece of straw and saying:

"Well, you see... Quantum mechanics gradually arose from theories to explain observations which could not be reconciled with classical physics, such as Max Planck's solution in 1900 to the black-body radiation problem, and from the correspondence between energy and frequency in Albert Einstein's 1905 paper which explained the photoelectric effect. Early quantum theory was profoundly re-conceived in the mid-1920s by Erwin Schrödinger, Werner Heisenberg, Max Born and others."

to some barfly sitting there asking "And what makes you so smart, space cowboy.. Tell me about quantum mechanics." as he downs his shot of whiskey.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

On his way to flat heaven...

Peace

No, the firmament is a semi-circle. He's up there now, stuck and yelling "This place sucks, it's so round.."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join