It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Teacher Dies - Are US Kids Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: pressident
SARS is a coronavirus. It's SARS-CoV or SARS-associated coronavirus.

Is this something to be feared? Is this a viable threat as Ebola and Aids are? Nothing else to compare it to; Smallpox, Spanish Flu?
edit on 22-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

It depends on where it hits. Viruses that hit in places like China, where people are packed on top of each other, the air quality and sanitation can suck, hit hard as we're seeing with the current virus. With SARS, there were only 8100 people infected, with 774 deaths. It spread to various parts of the world, including North America, but in the US, only 8 people were infected, all had traveled to parts of the world where it was spreading. It's definitely worth watching, and taking some precautions, but not yet at the point we should be losing our minds.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They do break them into groups (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta) but each group has multiple viruses in them. Alpha and Beta viruses tend to originate in bats, while Gamma and Delta originate in birds and pigs. They don't refer to them as A and B though.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Msybe that’s what I have , it’s been over a month. I thought it was going away but now my throat burns.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

i did not know what i had. BUT i had vicious bronchitis for 4-5 weeks. it was the longest ever. i worked out a few times, but i could not stop coughing, so i missed 3 weeks at the gym.

and i missed out on a potential new date lmfao. i met a girl, was supposed to go to dinner with her, but i was sick, i think she thought i was playing games. i finally get better 1 month later, but she stopped replying to my texts.

im not about to go on a date with a girl and cough all over her, and yet i think she got irked lol.

all because of this insanely long bronchitis i had in dec-january.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread. I just did 8 days in the hospital with Flu-B, Strep and Pneumonia, I kinda wonder if it wasn't something more. It's been a miserable ride to say the least and not over yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Isnt the current virulent strain a mutation pf SaRS?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My whole family had some kinda virus. We all had fevers of around 102-103, it started 3 weeks ago and we're still coughing stuff up out of our lungs. It wierd thing was I started feeling better after about a week (I was going hard on vit c, d, and echenasia) but then it came back worse and harder. They treated us all with Tamiflu and antibiotics, although all of our flu tests were negative on multiple occasions. I couldn't help but think it was something else entirely.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

No. It's just related to it. If it were SARS, they'd be calling it that. Instead, they're calling it novel, meaning it's a completely new strain to humans as far as they know.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

found that vit c helps a ton but you need to get the kind of vit c you don't flush out of your system before it absorbs into your system! vit c

I have these but if anyone has something better please post.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

first initial taking of the vit c packs, it made me cough up flem and I immediately had energy. I got to the point where taste and texture wasn't a problem. They are expensive yes but I haven't had any sickness for a few years that wasn't brought upon myself.. I think a huge win on this is to get your immune system boosters up and healthy.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
So you surmise the corona A, B, and Novel forms have been infecting people outside of China for at least a year. What is the threat and why the concentration of attention/cases regarding the Wuhan outbreak? Is this just a case of poor influenza management? Could we have managed the Spanish Flu?

A and B have already been here. Novel is just beginning to hit. Its weapons grade

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: visitedbythem

What is Influenza B? What is Corona B? Question for Visited and Pressident; how many people do you think you both infected?

Most of the guys at work had it, as did my son and grand sons

Theres a corona A, B, and Novel. I think the a and b killed 78,000 last year

Which Coronas does Lysol kill? Statistically, what's most deadly...Corona A, B, or Novel?

Corona A is treatable with antibiotics, but B is not. Novel is the worst, and also is reportedly not affected by antibiotics

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pressident

That was Corona B.

I think thats what Im just getting over now. I had it for 5 weeks, and it went in my lungs. Constant fevers too.

Us too! Got it at NYE party most likely. as so much hugging at midnite eve strangers smooching us, awkward!

1st it was like a stomach virus. Then appendicitis, but doc said it was... ' A VIRUS '.

Kids were given the pink antibiotics for pnemonia? And we were presscribed some drug by Gilead, forget the name... But it was for hepatitis!

It did get rid of the pnemonia oddly enuf, but yea took a month to feel better.

Perhaps....Harvoni?
regards,
tetra

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It's a virus. No virus is affected by antibiotics. They never have been. That means no family of coronavirus is treated with antibiotics. You're given them because a bacterial infection is possible while your immune system is fighting the virus. So the antibiotics are used to prevent a bacterial infection.
edit on 2/23/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Msybe that’s what I have , it’s been over a month. I thought it was going away but now my throat burns.

Thats likely A or B. You will know when Novel hits here. Schools and businesses will close, as will stores. Fill your pantry now, with at least a month or two worth of supplies. People who have empty cupboards and live daily off fast foods restaurants will be screwed

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's a virus. No virus is affected by antibiotics. They never have been. That means no family of coronavirus is treated with antibiotics. You're given them because a bacterial infection is possible while your immune system is fighting the virus. So the antibiotics are used to prevent a bacterial infection.

Thats correct, because the bacterial infection may very well do you in

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Your statement about "Corona A" being treatable by antibiotics is false. That's still a virus, which means it won't be treatable by antibiotics. All they can do is support your system and let it run its course.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What is Influenza B? What is Corona B? Question for Visited and Pressident; how many people do you think you both infected?

Most of the guys at work had it, as did my son and grand sons

Theres a corona A, B, and Novel. I think the a and b killed 78,000 last year

Which Coronas does Lysol kill? Statistically, what's most deadly...Corona A, B, or Novel?

Corona A is treatable with antibiotics, but B is not. Novel is the worst, and also is reportedly not affected by antibiotics

Mankind has no cure for viruses, just vaccines.. 🤔

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Could we have managed the Spanish Flu?

1918 flu pandemic infected 500 million people 2/3 of word population, killing 20 to 100 million people .
Managing similar pandemic would be the same here as in China now .
Thousands of people waiting in front of the hospitals to get in, hospitals running out of medication and protective medical supply.
Most medical supply and drugs coming from china ,and they are closing factories because of the flu.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join