It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asleep Sheep, Aware Sheep, Wolves, Sheepdogs, Good Shepherds, Bad Shepherds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've concluded that most people can be fit in one of these six categories.

1) Asleep Sheep
Lots and lots of people in this world--probably the majority--live their lives and satisfy their appetites (fun!) with little or no awareness of larger issues. They just live day to day and do their thing. Well, as long as they don't bother anyone else, fine.

2) Aware Sheep
There are people with awareness of larger issues--politics, religion, the course of humanity--but little or no involvement. They might vote or watch tv news but not much beyond, not because they don't care, but they are just too busy with day-to-day living. Imagine the suburban husband or wife; work, kids, sports, a few hours home at the end of the day. Not much time to 'get involved'.

3) Wolves
Obvious. Some people are predators, and they prey on the sheep. The drug dealer, the strongarm thug, the real estate agent that knowingly sells you a house with a suck roof, the used car dealer that...you get the idea. Many wolves are criminals, but not all. At the extreme edge of these are terrorists and psycho shooters.

4) Sheepdogs
Sheepdogs, of course, protect the sheep. Police, First Responders, Military, even the humble TSA screeners and night watchmen. We may day-to-day see these as annoyances (screening at the airport, ticket on the highway) but these people protect us from anarchy. Thank God for them.

5) Good Shepherds
Sheepdogs protect the flock; shepherds lead the flock. This can be spiritual (Billy Graham), societal (Martin Luther King jr), political (George Washington). 'if one doesn't involve one's self in government, he/she will be governed by those who do involve themselves'. We benefit from such. "The good shepherd lays down his life for the flock".

6) Bad Shepherds
Take care of themselves at the expense of the sheep.

You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals."
Ezek 34:3-5 source: biblehub.com...
pedo priests come to mind, as do corrupt politicians. I get sick watching so-called working class champions (Sanders, Biden) in politics become multimillionaires while basically doing nothing to help ordinary people.

thoughts? more categories?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

thoughts? more categories?

People who use the term "awake" and "woke" but have no clue as to what life really is??
Sheep?
Thats some weak sauce.

Go out in the woods and than come back and tell me about wolves,sheep and all the other things.

Question 1.
Have you ever owned a sheep?
Question 2
Have you ever had a wolf in your camp when in the wilderness?
Question 3
Have you ever slept alone in the wilderness?

I woke up at 9 am this morning.....thats about as real as I am going to take this thread.

Jesus did 40 days and nights...I doubt you can do a week in the bush, but will still think others are dumb.

edit on 22-2-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Hi LG.
What about the folks whom like to put other folks into little boxes ?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
-snip-

3) Wolves
Obvious. Some people are predators, and they prey on the sheep. The drug dealer, the strongarm thug, the real estate agent that knowingly sells you a house with a suck roof, the used car dealer that...you get the idea. Many wolves are criminals, but not all. At the extreme edge of these are terrorists and psycho shooters.

4) Sheepdogs
Sheepdogs, of course, protect the sheep. Police, First Responders, Military, even the humble TSA screeners and night watchmen. We may day-to-day see these as annoyances (screening at the airport, ticket on the highway) but these people protect us from anarchy. Thank God for them.

4.5) Wolves in Sheepdogs clothing

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

-snip-

3) Wolves

4) Sheepdogs

4.5) Wolves in Sheepdogs clothing

Wolves in sheep clothing = The Fabian society!!
edit on 23-2-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Hi LG.

(who, not whom)

some people need to be boxed for the safety of others. if one is serving the cause of justice, that's a good thing.

if your speaking of philosophically sorting, meh. I think its human nature to categorize. looking for insight here.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Don't forget that some are capable of leaving one category and entering another. Not typical, but extreme situations can provoke atypical behavior.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

4) Sheepdogs

"I CAUGHT A TERRORIST!!!!" - Said no TSA agent ever.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
the unicorn gypsy sheep that travels amongst all the categories gaining insight into the differing perspectives. Not here for a long time, here for a good time.

Awake, aware, and full of glitter in her hair

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Youd be amazed by how fast sheep can turn into wolves, and wolves into sheep.

The farmers just a guy with shotgun, an Satan like pet called Lassie.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I think it fits the analogy rather well, personally...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Don't forget that some are capable of leaving one category and entering another. Not typical, but extreme situations can provoke atypical behavior.

Cheers

And these days, the other categories are being denied presence and being ostracised as fools, in order to keep those easily boxed in the box they are told to be.

Even when provoked, some will remain in their own category due to this.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Hi LG.

(who, not whom)

some people need to be boxed for the safety of others. if one is serving the cause of justice, that's a good thing.

if your speaking of philosophically sorting, meh. I think its human nature to categorize. looking for insight here.

So not just mental boxes: putting some folks in physical boxes as well ?
Hmmmmm...

If insight is sought: would be possible, to let us know if those 6 questions were copy-and-pasted from elsewhere ?
Didn't see any mention of a possible source in the OP, would it be pertinent ?
That may give us some more context, don'cha think ?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Cheers

absolutely. happens all the time.
after 9/11 a fair amount of young men turned into sheepdogs. sometimes it takes an event to wake people up.

nothin, I wrote this. no copy/paste, no quote. this is original. I figured ATS would be as good a forum for as any.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I fit into so many of your danger categories that I just want to be a unicorn!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernGift

Lolz just read your post

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

Cheers

And these days, the other categories are being denied presence and being ostracised as fools, in order to keep those easily boxed in the box they are told to be.

Even when provoked, some will remain in their own category due to this.

like teens with MAGA hats.
cue the abuse. how dare they assert a non-compliant belief.

"Therefore he who is prudent will keep silent in such a time; for it is an evil time." Amos 5:13

DBCowboy, you are your own category, and we cannot but applaud.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think in theory the OP is quite correct, maybe incomplete.

In reality we are ourselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
John 10:1-6,25-27

“Most truly I say to you, the one who does not enter into the sheepfold through the door but climbs in by another way, that one is a thief and a plunderer. 2 But the one who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens to this one, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 They will by no means follow a stranger but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 Jesus spoke this comparison to them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.
25 Jesus answered them: “I told you, and yet you do not believe. The works that I am doing in my Father’s name, these bear witness about me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

Without a shepherd, domestic sheep are helpless and fearful. They get lost and scattered and are at the complete mercy of their enemies. (Nu 27:16, 17; Jer 23:4; Eze 34:5, 6, 8; Mic 5:8) Sheep allow themselves to be led, and they faithfully follow their shepherd. They can learn to recognize his voice and to respond to him alone. (Joh 10:2-5) Illustrating this is a passage from Researches in Greece and the Levant, by J. Hartley (London, 1831, pp. 321, 322):

“Having had my attention directed last night to the words [in] John x. 3 . . . I asked my man if it was usual in Greece to give names to the sheep. He informed me that it was, and that the sheep obeyed the shepherd when he called them by their names. This morning I had an opportunity of verifying the truth of this remark. Passing by a flock of sheep, I asked the shepherd the same question which I had put to my servant, and he gave me the same answer. I then bade him to call one of his sheep. He did so, and it instantly left its pasturage and its companions, and ran up to the hand of the shepherd, with signs of pleasure, and with a prompt obedience which I had never before observed in any other animal. It is also true of the sheep in this country, that a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him . . . The shepherd told me, that many of his sheep are still wild; that they had not yet learned their names; but that, by teaching, they would all learn them.”

In the Scriptures, “sheep” often denote the defenseless, innocent, and, at times, abused people of God. (2Sa 24:17; Ps 44:11, 22; 95:7; 119:176; Mt 10:6, 16; Joh 21:16, 17; Ro 8:36) Under unfaithful shepherds or leaders, the Israelites as God’s sheep suffered greatly. Through his prophet Ezekiel, God presents a most pathetic picture of neglect: “The flock itself you do not feed. The sickened ones you have not strengthened, and the ailing one you have not healed, and the broken one you have not bandaged, and the dispersed one you have not brought back, and the lost one you have not sought to find, but with harshness you have had them in subjection, even with tyranny. And they were gradually scattered because of there being no shepherd, so that they became food for every wild beast of the field.” (Eze 34:3-5) By contrast, Jesus’ sheep, both the “little flock” and the “other sheep,” who follow his lead, are well cared for. (Lu 12:32; Joh 10:4, 14, 16; Re 7:16, 17) Jesus compared those doing good toward the least of his brothers to sheep, whereas those refusing to do so he likened to goats.​—Mt 25:31-45.

“Rams” sometimes represent persons, particularly oppressive leaders of a nation who are destined for destruction. (Jer 51:40; Eze 39:18) At Ezekiel 34:17-22, the rams, the he-goats, and the plump sheep stand for the unfaithful leaders of Israel who appropriated the best for themselves and then befouled what was left for the lean and sick sheep, that is, the people who were oppressed, exploited, and shoved about.

Jesus Christ was prophetically spoken of as a sheep brought to the slaughtering and as a ewe that remains mute before her shearers. (Isa 53:7; Ac 8:32, 35; compare 1Pe 2:23.) Because of Jesus’ sacrificial role, John the Baptizer identified Jesus as “the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world,” and in the book of Revelation the Son of God is repeatedly called “the Lamb.”​—Joh 1:29; Re 5:6; 6:16; 7:14, 17; 14:1; 17:14; 19:7.

At Revelation 13:11, the wild beast out of the earth is shown as having two horns like a lamb, suggestive of a pretense of inoffensiveness. Similarly, Jesus spoke of false prophets as wolves in sheep’s covering, hence dangerous, although appearing to be harmless.​—Mt 7:15.

As one can see in the Bible, sheep or sheeplike behaviour is not put in a negative light. Goats or people displaying (stubborn, rebellious) goatlike behaviour tend not to have a high opinion of the obedient sheeplike behaviour of others. Would you agree that your desciption of your 2 sheep-categories doesn't sound very flattering or encouraging to others to be more sheeplike (in comparison to category 4 or 5 of yours for example)*?

*: you can split that one up into 2 questions, one with the "in comparison..." remark in mind, one without. Or with the usage of "or" there you can even split it up into 3 questions if you feel like answering, or answering that way.

“For the one who conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one who is great.” (Luke 9:48)
“But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.” (Matthew 19:30, New Living Translation)

Sheep rule! Goats and wolves in sheep's clothing drool.

Quite literally as well I just realized:

edit on 1-3-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
John 10:1-6,25-27

As one can see in the Bible, sheep or sheeplike behaviour is not put in a negative light. Goats or people displaying (stubborn, rebellious) goatlike behaviour tend not to have a high opinion of the obedient sheeplike behaviour of others. Would you agree that your desciption of your 2 sheep-categories doesn't sound very flattering or encouraging to others to be more sheeplike (in comparison to category 4 or 5 of yours for example)*?

*: you can split that one up into 2 questions, one with the "in comparison..." remark in mind, one without. Or with the usage of "or" there you can even split it up into 3 questions if you feel like answering, or answering that way.

“For the one who conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one who is great.” (Luke 9:48)
“But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.” (Matthew 19:30, New Living Translation)

Sheep rule! Goats and wolves in sheep's clothing drool.

Quite literally as well I just realized:

okay we can add a Goat category; people that don't fit in the other categories, stubbornly following their own path but not really preying on or abusing others.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: reduce quote

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

top topics

join