It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOCKE AND KEY (S01E07) Dissection worse writing ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I started watching Locke and Key. I get to episode 7 "Dissection" and what a writing disaster. Blatant logic inconsistencies combined with really bad action scenes. It's just amazing how the writers just ruined season 1.

1. Problem number one: Sam breaks a window to get into the house. You would think the sound of a window crashing would have been heard. But no one hears it.

2. Problem number two: Bode uses the Ghost Key and then tries to communicate with his mother knowing full well it doesn’t work from previous episode. It's just bad writing not to take into account a big scene from a previous episode. Bode was hoving outside the second floor of the house trying to talk to Tyler which doesn't work. Which makes it more shocking when Bode can talk with the ghost of his great great grandfather in the cemetery. How can you lose the ghost thread this way. It's just sloppy writing.

3. Problem number three: Nina is pretty clueless about everything having to do with magic except when it comes to the door into Sam's head. Then all of sudden she has to go investigate while she's holding the gun. Tyler of course has to move away from Sam to save his mother from entering Sam's mind. This allows Sam the free time to unlock his head. Dodge shows up and beats the crap out of Tyler with one judo chop and now Nina doesn't have the gun. Just a dumb sequence. Nina and Tyler go from holding all the cards to none of the cards in 10 seconds. The rest of the episode Tyler just keeps his mouth open in awe. Tyler's character just rolled over and died.

4. Problem number four: Tyler literally beats the crap out of the star player of the opposing hockey team at school but he can't take out Sam with 6 or 7 punches right to the face. Sam of course is able to win the fight against Tyler who was a major psychotic bad ass up to this point.

And of course, Dodge is able to subdue Tyler with just one judo chop. So fricken stupid.

5. And the biggest problem of all, number five:. Tyler takes the door key away from Dodge after they have sex. As he falls out of her Dodge truck on the ground Dodge screams in frustration at Tyler taking the door key. She chases after Tyler. Tyler properly uses the door key to escape back to Locke house so he knows how to work it. Dodge now has to drive all the way to Locke house. In the final scene of the episode as you hear the sirens of the police approaching, Dodge calmly walks over to the nearest door and just opens it with the door key. When and how did she get the door key back from Tyler? One of the main points of the show is Dodge can't take a key from the Locke's unless they freely give it. Except in this case it just magically appears back on her person so she can escape with ALL the keys (except the ghost key). For 3 or 4 episodes getting back the door key was a big deal. It's just bad writing.

This episode was so poorly written I don't know if I can stomach the last 3 episodes.

edit on 22-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yep that was some of the worst writing i thought as well.

the worst part of that episode, they should have just used the music box key to tell sam to put the gun down and do something else. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Unfortunately lots of movie and tv shows suffer from the things you describe.
Bad and just plain lazy writing.

In Harry Potter they had time travel in the third movie but never used it again.

Star Trek can now transport over interstellar distances basically removing the need for ships.

Dr who uses the sonic screwdriver ten times an episode now instead of using his mind.

Important characters are protected by plot armor.
Computer geeks work government jobs instead of in private companies where they make ten times more money.

This show sounds like one I’m going to skip.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Have not seen it yet.... did they hire Rian Johnson? Maybe the Game Of thrones Season 8 writers?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I couldn't make it through ten minutes of the first episode. I think it may have just taken you seven episodes to realize it's garbage.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I was just about to start watching this series too.
*sigh...
I'll still give it a try.

new topics

top topics

join