It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepping for the flue, what do I want

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's only a silly E, I'm sure we all ken your meaning just fine.

To be honest i would not worry about it too much.

Short of having dropped in on the carpet of course.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just remember that the whole notion of "boosting" your immune system is a lotta hooey. You can't eat or drink anything that will make you less likely to catch a virus because that's not how it works. If you or some ancestor wasn't immune to it, you're not immune to it. Simple as that. It's genetic, not dietary. Just like standing out in the freezing rain will not make you "catch a cold."

If you're too much of a scardy cat to get a shot, the best thing to do is avoid people who have it, and if you think you might have been exposed don't touch any of your mucus membranes and wash your damn hands soon and often.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Fools

Stay away from red meat

I pretty much still eat red meat. I did give up beer and wine though. I stick to vodka, scotch, and rum. However the Rum sometimes seems to give me actual hangovers that last a bit.

Scotch seems ok on the sickness level, meaning no sickness, but while intoxicated on it I do seem to be unable to "take # from anyone".

Vodka is fine but at times seems to give headaches while drinking it.

I am thinking on moving on to gin even though I hate the taste.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

first,you're gonna' want to learn how to spell dude.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carmen013069

We been down that road but thanks anyway dude

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Will you please stop with the subtle mind control!!

edit on 25-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Don't laugh, if you cant find glasses to protect your eyes, a scuba mask will work.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
My recommendation is, stay off the Internet and you will live a happy, healthy life.

As long as you don't live in a disgusting, dumpster fire of a place, like China, you'll be fine.

That's the BEST advice I have seen in a long time.

edit on 25-2-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
H2O2 (diluted) is an effective coronavirus killer which can be used inside living rooms.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Had the flu a couple weeks ago pretty badly with a fever that got up to 104.7. Make sure you have both Tylenol and ibuprofen in case of a high fever, alternate them every 2 - 3 hours. Lots of water and Powerade/ gatorade, try to get the zero sugar if you can, your stomach will thank you. Some over the counter meds for cough, and definitely tissues and toilet paper. Some soup so you can get some food in you if you get the flu.

Definitely a good idea to prep for flu season, I’m 32 and I’ve gone my whole life without having the flu until 3 years ago I got it and again this year and I had the flu shot and still got a bad case of the flu. I will def be prepared next year because we have the flu so badly where I live this year that shelves were cleared out of over the counter flu / cold meds and Tylenol / Advil.

The dr I saw asked me if I had someone that could pick up the tamiflu and anything else for me as she said I was not to go out in public or leave my house for a minimum of 5 days, thankfully my boyfriend was able to get everything for me and Drop it off to me as I was house sitting for a friend so that worked out at least.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I just had the flu. Mucinex DM for the cough and sinus congestion, and tylenol for the chills and fever. Nyquil helped me sleep at night.

Lots of rest, warmth, water, and soup.

I had bronchitis afterwards so got a antibiotic for that. But they didn't give me any at first because the flu is viral.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ML8715
Had the flu a couple weeks ago pretty badly with a fever that got up to 104.7.

I actually got the flu so bad once with such a high temperature that it actually killed off the chicken pox virus in me so that I never get cold sores anymore. I think it probably damaged my brain too, but I already did!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Will you please stop with the subtle mind control!!

Only the weak and feeble succumb
Toughen up

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Chicken soup. Hot tea and honey. Coke and ginger ale. Orange juice. Over the counter cold medicine and cough drops. Listerine for a gargle. Sauerkraut. Have some sick days stockpiled at work so you can call off.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
A flamethrower and lots of other weapons and you don't even have to prep. You can just take what you want from others once SHTF.

On a serious note. What's prepping good for if you can't defend yourself from intruders, thiefs, whores and whatnot?
edit on 26-2-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Garlic, ginger, honey and lemon. Together they make quite a powerful tea against colds

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
A flamethrower and lots of other weapons and you don't even have to prep. You can just take what you want from others once SHTF.

On a serious note. What's prepping good for if you can't defend yourself from intruders, thiefs, whores and whatnot?

I was just thinking DVD’s, cough medicine and a few cans of soup, bit of water, not fighting the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse with rail guns and drone strikes

Maybe Garrick for the vampires

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Whatever you are hoarding, don't forget to put everything in a fifo system (first in, first out!). Buy things you will consume anyway, so it never goes to waste.

tea of all sorts (cheaper then sugar drinks and you can make large amounts with one bag), lemon juice, honey
-green tea is an immune system booster -camomile tea fights off infection -Linden tea works for fever

peppermint, eucalyptus oils for steam-baths .... to help you breath and cough stuff up. It works!

-instant chicken soup works as well for relieve then fresh soup, cheap and works as lunch when you run out of food.
-Olive oil for baking, basics like sugar and salt.
-water filters, bleach, disinfectant soap and wipes.
-toilet paper, laundry soap,toothpaste...

I got myself a second (old, second hand, cheap) freezer. One is filled with bread and cheese, the other with meat and veggies. I chose pre-packed soup and wok veggies since they are cheap and you can prepare them in various ways. They go with anything. Also made a sh*tload of mashed potatoes and froze them (vit C!)
Also, cold packs in the freezer!

basic foods: pasta, rice, potatoes. Anything in cans or dried

meds for fever and pain, and whatever you already need daily (get it now in case you won't have access to it for a while!) I got 3000 multi vitamin pills and Omega 3 capsules, the home brand which was about 18 euro total, just to get your health up and for when the food supply gets thinner.

Don't forget your pets! Even if you stock up on the cheaper dried foods, better then let them starve.

Yeah, I'm probably overdoing it, but once I started prepping I couldn't stop! When I started everyone was making fun of me, now they all call me to ask what else they can bring from the store.... even blaming me for not buying more masks.

I also have a small amount of trade goods tucked away (alcohol, tobacco, coffee,....) and seeds. you never know.
Flashlights, batteries, candles, camping cooker,... SAS- guide!!!

AND, I honestly hope that I will never have to use it all in an emergency
edit on 26-2-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

So I stay inside for a week or two
Outside a big bag of Fisherman’s Friends what should I grab
Food, beans and flour?
Water, 2 litres a day?

Aspirins or something?

Any tips, what are the essentials for non preppers thinking of preparing

Overreacting?

Fisherman's friends...those bad boys are strong...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join