It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Mutant Year Zero released in December 2018 but I got it in the Winter sales , had my eye on it for a while but I wasn't overly impressed with the demo available on steam , now after 37 hours I've completed the game and loved every (sometimes frustrating) hour I've spent searching for Eden.

Mutant Year Zero is a turn based strategy game along the lines of XCom but you are free to move around the map when not in battle , you quickly learn that scouting enemies and picking off individual foes is the best strategy early on but as the game progresses and you get better weapons and perks the tables turn and it's now an option to just go in loud and take it to the mutants ... very satisfying when remembering the dread you've felt at the appearance of multiple enemies.

The game has a decent enough story with humorous writing , great sound and nice graphics , AI is competent and offers a challenge but it's fallible enough to do something dumb to give you a chance , enemy variety is varied but not copious.

If you're a fan of the genre Mutant Year Zero could well be worth your time.

Steam Demo

I will definitely be giving the game a second play through.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've got that.

Might give it an install.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It was free on Epic Games last year.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Looks like the sort of game I'd like.

Cheers for the tip. I'm tired of all the cartoon style games... "Press R to jump, NOW!" etc..

Actually, the only one I really liked was Bioshock where your inadvertent actions led to 3 different endings.. each based on how you played, rather than telling you what to do.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
It was free on Epic Games last year.

It's still free now
*nudge nudge wink wink say no more*

edit on 23-2-2020 by Gnarley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join