It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns To Prepare For Pandemic...Closures May Happen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

that is seriously a good idea...stop buying goods from Alibaba, wish and some of the other distributors..

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I've added two teaspoons of food grade hydrogen peroxide (3%) to a gallon of water and used it as drinking water for years.

It helps inactivate viruses and oxygenates you.

I haven't had a cold or flu for a decade.

Wouldn't suggest slugging down a liter of it, but in moderation I've found it helpful for dodging the annual flu and it seems to be great for my skin.

food grade hydrogen peroxide is NOT 3%.

www.poison.org...

You can buy food grade hydrogen peroxide in different dilutions.

35%, 12%, 6% and 3% being the main dilutions.

Hope that helped you, although just a quick check at Amazon.Com would have prevented your post...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That's the most disturbing two-minute video I think I've ever watched.

Why would anyone in authority put a gag order on people where information specific to a pandemic serves the public good?

To stop panic before a cohesive statement can be released based on true figures of those confirmed infected.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The media is hyping this up to ridiculous proportions. Remember foot and mouth disease? SARS? Ebola?

All hyped up and then faded away, this is no different.

More people die daily from tobacco and alcohol.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The National Fire Protection Association tells people to be prepared for house fires all the time. There's even a fire safety month. That doesn't mean there's a rash of house fires imminent.

Being prepared is always wise. Everyone should have a few weeks worth of drinkable water, some cheap food and medical supplies, especially if you live in natural-disaster-prone areas and/or cities, where if something happens you won't be able to just get your own food and water once the stores are out or if the stores are inaccessible.

If we were properly educating people, this would just be known as adulthood.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112
The media is hyping this up to ridiculous proportions. Remember foot and mouth disease? SARS? Ebola?

More people die daily from tobacco and alcohol.

The worry isn't the now, it's the worry if this spreads worldwide at the current rates of infection and fatality. A pandemic of a virus that infects twice as many people as influenza, and is 20 times more lethal is not just SARS or MERS or Ebola. It's already infected FAR more and killed more than those 3 combined. Swine flu killed more still by far.. in a much greater time. in the same amount of time, this would kill many more, if it continues to spread unchecked.

They should treat every one of these as if it might be the one that will be tragically bad. Because if they don't, then the one that IS the one, will get out of hand, and the losses will be terrible. If everyone waits for this to reach the point of smoking deaths before they care about it, it's going to be too late.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am going to go out and buy a rutabaga and some more cabbage, I might be needing to make lots of chicken soup for the kids and grandkids if this happens. I may have to cook pasties for the grandkids if my daughters and their husbands get sick.

Maybe one more jar of honey would be good too.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees this as a bunch of bull and a way for the government to imprison us?

It's been a while since I've been on ATS... From what I can tell, all the Coronavirus threads are an echo chamber... What happened to the debate around here?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finalized
Am I the only one that sees this as a bunch of bull and a way for the government to imprison us?

It's been a while since I've been on ATS... From what I can tell, all the Coronavirus threads are an echo chamber... What happened to the debate around here?

I am not afraid of the coronavirus, I am just making sure to be prepared since I have to bring soup to the kids and their families when they get sick. It is good medicinal chicken soup. I also bring homemade hard rolls or homemade bread. They would have me bring stuff every day if I would do it, but soup for three different families is a big job, so is making twenty five pasties at a time. If I get sick, they are screwed, if I get sick, not one of my kids or grandkids knows how I make the soup that I make that actually works. I tasted my daughters soups, I think maybe I wouldn;t want their soup.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Finalized

I am not afraid of the coronavirus, I am just making sure to be prepared since I have to bring soup to the kids and their families when they get sick. It is good medicinal chicken soup. I also bring homemade hard rolls or homemade bread. They would have me bring stuff every day if I would do it, but soup for three different families is a big job, so is making twenty five pasties at a time. If I get sick, they are screwed, if I get sick, not one of my kids or grandkids knows how I make the soup that I make that actually works. I tasted my daughters soups, I think maybe I wouldn;t want their soup.

Wouldn't it be easier to teach them how to make it?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Look at open flight data thousands of flights were streaming in and out of China, including to the US for weeks.

It's already here, incubating among us. Only strong precautions, avoiding sick people, social distancing (no kissing, sharing utensils, handshaking, standing closer than 6-10ft, etc) will work.

The infected and the those displaying symptoms consistent with this or other contagious diseases need to be isolated completely for 30 days. No work, no school, no leaving home for any reason. And whatever the consequences of that are so be it

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We are preparing to lock down our road/property (in coordination with neighbors), isolate the sick among us in our cabin and use force to prevent outsiders from trespassing or approaching our protected area

Again, well deal with those consequences after the fact.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The following map is alive updated world map of cases if it is useful to anyone. I cant make the link work, so you'll have to copy paste I think.

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...,11.535,163.5174,52.8632&zoom=true&prev iewImage=false&scale=true&disable_scroll=true&theme=light

edit on 23-2-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: Conspiracy trouble. Nothing to worry about

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Things like this are Planned . This Virus is No Natural Accident . A Bio Weapon Delivered to the World . Are We at War > ?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Things like this are Planned . This Virus is No Natural Accident . A Bio Weapon Delivered to the World . Are We at War > ?

Yeah because viruses don't exist in nature. Epidemics are totally a man-made construct.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112

LOL, the media can barely be bothered to mention it.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Also as common sense.

I grew up in an era where being prepared for an emergency of any sort was something everyone did, from having food, water, warm clothes, and a means to procure what you need in the event of something tragic happening, to having small kits in our cars in the event we get stranded.

Now we live in a time , where if youre prepared, or you advise being prepared, people call you a lunatic, or paranoid.

Theres a reason our grandparents and parents and ancestors before them, survived, and it wasnt because they thought they were untouchable.

What a backwards society we live in, just look at the comments all across this website, to anyone promoting preparedness.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: face23785

Also as common sense.

I grew up in an era where being prepared for an emergency of any sort was something everyone did, from having food, water, warm clothes, and a means to procure what you need in the event of something tragic happening, to having small kits in our cars in the event we get stranded.

Now we live in a time , where if youre prepared, or you advise being prepared, people call you a lunatic, or paranoid.

Theres a reason our grandparents and parents and ancestors before them, survived, and it wasnt because they thought they were untouchable.

What a backwards society we live in, just look at the comments all across this website, to anyone promoting preparedness.

You're quite right, people are so complacent , they must think society is such a well oiled machine how could it possible break down. Reminds of the musicians playing on the titanic as it sank.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ha... My point had been made.

Sad what this place has become.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're quite right, people are so complacent , they must think society is such a well oiled machine how could it possible break down. Reminds of the musicians playing on the titanic as it sank.

indeed, and theres the other factor people seem to keep forgetting.

Even if it never left china, a shut down of Chinas production in THEIR country would lead to empty shelves and a shutdown of many of our own production here.

Indeed, our society has become dangerously short sighted.

Perhaps something like this is needed to wake people back up again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join