It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg To Grieving Family: Elderly Cancer Patients Are Too Expensive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

That's assuming you can even find a doctor who gives a damn if you live or die. Depending on where you live (even in the US) that can be a challenge. Believe it or not. I've never seen one genuine emotion (other than fear or anger) from a medical professional. And half of them where I live can't speak English worth a damn.

From what I've heard they're taught to view you as a machine. No different than a mechanic.

You can't make if far as a health professional if you are emotionally attached to each or even some patients.

That's where personal diligence, and awareness od condition, or the watchful eye's of your loved one's if you're bad off.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Nothing new,Bloomberg has always been an absolute azz.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: M4ngo

If i pay 350~ a month for forty years, on the chance I get cancer they better pay.

That's assuming you can even find a doctor who gives a damn if you live or die. Depending on where you live (even in the US) that can be a challenge. Believe it or not. I've never seen one genuine emotion (other than fear or anger) from a medical professional. And half of them where I live can't speak English worth a damn.

The American healthcare system is already garbage. It's just filled to the brim with a bunch of lowlife profiteers and parasites who always want your money and then give you precious little of what you paid for. And they'll probably still ignore you and tell you nothing is wrong when something obviously is.

I dunno man. The dentist me and dad go to is this Indian dude who immigrated here (very legally; because ATS) and he's the best darned dentists I've ever been to. He's honest, doesn't charge an arm and a leg, and you can crack all kinds of jokes. I took my dad one time and they were bith saying all kinds of things having a good time that would make most liberal type people mad. He's a good man. Very down to earth.

Best part about it is I pay in cash every time I go see him. No need for all the insurance BS. Just gotta know where to find em. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Not to detract from what you brought up. I can't stand most doctors otherwise. I don't trust them. Can't stand them, and would rather fix myself up. Which I've done more times than I can remember.

Military healthcare sucks, VA healthcare (which may as well be military healthcare) sucks, and general civilian healthcare sucks.

This is all just my opinion of course, and maybe I have bad luck with most of the healthcare professionals I've had to deal with, but I've found that most of them don't care about you as it is, and people think that making healthcare more social like it is in other countries will somehow magically make it better. It's BS, and I know for a fact that even in countries where healthcare is more socialized doesn't make it any better.

Some small things are like physical checkups and flu shots and stuff like can be had for free, but surgeries and things you'll really need can get you put on a waitlist and you're lucky if you get it before you die.

It's no better. Just different. People just have some fantasy about socialized crap being better because what they currently have isn't to their liking. Even if our country does become more socialized the same people are still going to complain. It's a never ending story with them.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The General Motors board had a meeting to cut healthcare costs, by forcing retirees to die sooner. This was about 10 years ago. Wealthy people do whatever they can to preserve it. That's one of the reasons why certain aspects of Bernie Sanders' message is appealing.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
well, the elderly cattle should be sent out to graze.
thats what he was thinking.

'cattle'

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband lived half his life just taking the pain pill. The alternative was a risky back surgery that could have given him a pain free life, or it could have left him paralyzed.
I dont see Obama's comment as being anything near what bloomburg said.
When every treatment or drug being offered comes with a risk of adverse side effects, sometimes the best option is the old folk medicines and not invasive surgeries combined with near poisonous cocktails that are being peddled as drugs. Obama was right, and bloomburg is just an inconsiderate arse that lacks empathy appearently.

We should be teaching nutrition and herbal medicinal uses in our high schools health classes as the number one line of defense against illness.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So... this is not going to be popular, but please hear me out.

First, I think Bloomberg is the worst kind of hypocrite, and I also think he is a wannabe nanny. Please do not confuse me with being a supporter. I hate about everything he stands for- seriously.

That said, he isn't wrong, is he? I mean, if you want a cheaper health care system, then you would have to cut the fat somewhere. 2/3 of the U.S. budget is entitlement spending, and there are generations of people who were promised a bill of goods that are literally unsustainable. In a country where we currently have thousands of people awaiting kidney transplants, it is just as likely that a 60 year old will receive it as it is that a 12 year old would. Sometimes that sucks.

Now, one of the things that makes this country so great is capitalism- the idea that your worth is dictated by your production of capital and the personal decision to spend it as you will. If you can afford a long life, go for it! And if you pay for insurance, use it! Due to capitalism, we may soon have breakthroughs in both bioengineering and robotics that drastically changes both the cost and treatment of many diseases- which will in turn put a burden on future generations as a byproduct. This is good, and this is bad. Both can be true.

All of this said, one of the things I hate most about some class of people/politicians is their inability to avoid hypocrisy, as well as their propensity to hide their true intentions.

Bloomberg is a hypocrite- but at least he was being honest. Even Sanders, the one guy I thought was honest about his evil intentions, is now hiding his core beliefs in order to become electable. I like my commies like I like my roaches- in the open, where I can see their infestation and know how to handle it. But Bloomberg is at least, or was at least, saying this crap out loud. Again, his statements aren't factually wrong, just morally wrong.
edit on 24/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: edit because italics

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join