It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was not told coronavirus-infected Americans would be flown home from cruise ship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Those in the State Department and US Health officials who decided to make this Decision on their own should be Summarily Fired . Getting very tired of Unaccountable Bureaucrats taking it upon themselves to make decisions above their Pay Grade ......

edit on 22-2-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Why couldn't Trump just say that virus epidemics usually slow down in summer and provide a link. If we post half-ass thoughts like trump does on ATS we would be called out.

Trump is POTUS. He should act like it.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Well to keep in line with your avatar...it seems like the president doesn't have all his ducks in a row.

My avatar is a baby chick, you silly goose!

The so-called task force to double check things is supposed to work with the administration, not in secret behind closed doors, undermining everything that doesn't fit their agenda.

I get the impression you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I do not. Carry on.

edit on 600000033America/Chicago291 by nugget1 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I get the impression you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I do not. Carry on.

Indeed I do but I always try to stay on topic...

The change of plans came late Sunday as 328 Americans sat in buses on the tarmac at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport and test results came back showing 14 of the passengers were infected with the virus but were not yet showing symptoms. Operations staff on the ground had to make a decision as to whether to bring the infected Americans back on the same plane or leave them in Japan.

They decided to bring the infected passengers back home on the same planes but place them in an isolation area.

The State Department said the 14 passengers were already in the evacuation pipeline and that protocol dictated they be brought home.

Yeah...this doesn't sound like some nefarious behind-closed-doors scheme but more like a clusterf**k of a miscommunication. A miscommunication by the coronavirus task force...

Who"s coronavirus task force? Trump's coronavirus task force...

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah, so Trump's fault ... That didn't take long.

Let me see. If you stub your toe on a piece of IKEA furniture you put together yesterday and bought two weeks ago, do you blame Trump because it happened while he was president?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Cluster#, you say?
Isn't that the most accurate description for most of state activities worldwide?

As usual, petty politics, miscommunication, inter- and intra-agency rivalries, etc prove to be more important than a dangerous virus. And, no matter whether it was done on purpose or was a result of usual SNAFU, the price to pay will be on the side of good, hard-working citizens.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wrong example...

If I buy a Boeing 737 max and it drops out of the sky..the guy running the show, who never assembled a single screw on that plane, has to resign.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

My crowd has jack to do with your constitution..we have our own.

My crowd enjoys a hell hole with the highest living standards, most freedoms and the notion that whomever is running the show is also responsible for the results of his/her leadership.

Peace

So you're saying you live somewhere in Mexico?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Eurotrash baby...

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Imagine letting TDS affect you so much that you'd infect your own country just to hurt POTUS.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If anyone had doubts about how much of a kindergarten the politics is, this is a prime example.
The only problem is, these kids are playing with lit matches in a sandbox full of TNT.
And we are paying for it. Literally. With money we earn.

POTUS should make sure heads roll for this IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You know they flew in cargo planes with a separate isolation module in the plane for the confirmed. A sealed container for the infected yes the military has those things.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Well you're a buzzkill...

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jelonek
If anyone had doubts about how much of a kindergarten the politics is, this is a prime example.
The only problem is, these kids are playing with lit matches in a sandbox full of TNT.
And we are paying for it. Literally. With money we earn.

POTUS should make sure heads roll for this IMO.

Not with just money

Lives.
Human lives.

But hey, if democrats can justify killing a newborn baby, not a stretch for them to extend to concept to adult humans. Bloomberg has essentially said so himself, justifying denying health care to the elderly.

Monsters...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Wrong example...

If I buy a Boeing 737 max and it drops out of the sky..the guy running the show, who never assembled a single screw on that plane, has to resign.

Peace

Boeing's CEO is resigning amid ongoing problems at the company over the troubled Max 737 aircraft. The board of directors said Monday that Dennis Muilenburg is stepping down immediately. The board's current chairman, David Calhoun, will become president and CEO on Jan. 13

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am beginning to wonder if the corona virus response is part of the resistance.

Let the US get infected. Create mass chaos. Press stays silent until things are bad and then starts screaming and blames the president.

Affect the election in November by blaming him.

Normally, any little thing they can, they blame on the president as soon as they can, but they've been strangely silent about all this and I haven't been able to figure out why. Think about how they screamed about every little disease in the past. If nothing else, you see how this is impacting China's economy. This may be what they need to dump ours and sink Trump.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I am beginning to wonder if the corona virus response is part of the resistance. Let the US get infected. Create mass chaos. Press stays silent until things are bad and then starts screaming and blames the president.

Everyone, you heard it here first. Coronavirus is a plot by Democrats to make Donald Trump look bad.

And yes, that was actually a thought that originated in a persons head.

Doesn't have to be a massive plot for some officials to look the other way here, or there..

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
bringing them home doesn't bother me the fact they used a civilian airliner with no sensible precautions for the other passengers is criminal in my opinion.

Ummm... no, the problem was putting them on the same plane as uninfected passengers, PERIOD.

I fully support bringing them home - just on a separate, chartered plane.

The decisions makers behind this are either criminally incompetent, or had another reason for potentially exposing innocent people in a tin can with recycled air.

Agreed, and the latter would mean, malicious criminal intent.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The swamp strikes back.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Does every bureaucrat in Washington think he’s the president? I’ve never heard of so much flouting of a president’s orders in my life. Trump needs to purge his enemies from every agency under his authority. I don’t care if a bureaucrat hates Trump so long as he does his job satisfactorily and keeps his political activities separate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join