It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was not told coronavirus-infected Americans would be flown home from cruise ship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Trump was not told coronavirus-infected Americans would be flown home from cruise ship

President Trump grew furious with senior advisers this week over a decision to allow 14 Americans who tested positive for coronavirus to return to the United States from Japan after being assured that infected patients would remain in quarantine overseas, according to administration officials.

Trump and the administration’s coronavirus task force were told last Saturday that Americans who had spent weeks in quarantine aboard the Diamond Princess luxury liner where the virus had spread to hundreds of passengers would be brought home on two chartered planes — but that patients who had symptoms or the infection itself would stay in Japan.

Trump was briefed on the decision and agreed that healthy passengers should not be on the plane with sick ones, three senior administration officials said. But the State Department and a top U.S. health official ultimately decided to bring back the 14 Americans who tested positive for the virus on the planes and place them in isolation — without informing the president first.

Courtesy of the swamp creatures from the State Department and Robert Kadlec. Would love to know more about him.

Amazing. But hey, resist. It's all the rage.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I am beginning to wonder if the corona virus response is part of the resistance.

Let the US get infected. Create mass chaos. Press stays silent until things are bad and then starts screaming and blames the president.

Affect the election in November by blaming him.

Normally, any little thing they can, they blame on the president as soon as they can, but they've been strangely silent about all this and I haven't been able to figure out why. Think about how they screamed about every little disease in the past. If nothing else, you see how this is impacting China's economy. This may be what they need to dump ours and sink Trump.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Problem, reaction, solution.

Big Pharm and the CDC are already squawking that young children are not getting vaccinated quick/soon enough.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
every single person that made that decision should be fired, and barred from future govt employment, they should also be told they are on the hook for any future law suits from the people exposed on that air plane ride back.

For that matter I would look into public endangerment charges for everyone that approved the move on top of what I already mentioned.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I am beginning to wonder if the corona virus response is part of the resistance. Let the US get infected. Create mass chaos. Press stays silent until things are bad and then starts screaming and blames the president.

Everyone, you heard it here first. Coronavirus is a plot by Democrats to make Donald Trump look bad.

And yes, that was actually a thought that originated in a persons head.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

...the election in November....

I've wondered about that subject all by itself.

Are we really going to let people physically amass at the polls to vote during a pandemic?

My bet is this will be our first presidential election cycle where everything his handled by apps or mail-in ballots.

What could possibly go wrong?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

In your head. Ketsuko wrote about letting it happen, not that it is a plot or that "they" created it.

Details matter, you know?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Funny how you seem to always miss the operative nouns or verbs in an argument.

That poster said 'response'.

And yes, most of us can easily believe the stupidity of some deep state swamp creature making sort term decisions or impulsive actions, long term consequences be dammed, just to embarrass the President.
edit on 22-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
bringing them home doesn't bother me the fact they used a civilian airliner with no sensible precautions for the other passengers is criminal in my opinion.

The decisions makers behind this are either criminally incompetent, or had another reason for potentially exposing innocent people in a tin can with recycled air.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

All right ... you explain to me why the press is ignoring this when they screamed bloody murder about how Avian Flu was going to kill us all and SARS was going to kill us all and MERS was going to kill us all and Ebola was going to kill us all, etc., when those outbreaks were both far less widespread and demonstrably less easily human to human transmissable than this one.

This one may actually be the next version of Spanish Flu. We'll know by what happens here in South Korea and Japan in the next couple of weeks since it looks like their threshold of cases has gone high enough that they may not be able to contain them. Iran is quarantining cities now like China. These are steps that have not happened in modern memory for anything, not even Ebola or SARS as concerning as those were because they did spill over to small degree.

Here you have something highly and easily contagious from person to person that can kill up to 2% of those it infects within 15 days. It infects rapidly enough that will take down hundreds to thousands all across society very rapidly into illness for as long as a week leaving businesses short of manpower, leaving necessary infrastructure like medical services short of hands and those workers who remain healthy overworked and stressed leading to more sick as they succumb even if they might not otherwise have done so, you're looking at supply chain breakdowns as places cannot produce what is needed on a widespread/global basis (this is already being felt from China) ... but the press is largely crickets about it all, even though this is arguably a much, much bigger story than those other diseases ever were.

It will affect all of us even if it never blows up here in a tangible illness way because of those factors in supply chain. Many of your favorite companies rely on China for production, and China's not open for business right now.

And the press is silent ...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I've been watching a fair amount of Italian media coverage and its amazing how much more candid and factually thorough they've been on the subject.

Compared to this country, they make us look like mindless, unaware toddlers.

edit on 22-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Exactly. A sheet of plastic to separate the infected on a pressurized flying tube. What a joke.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

In your head. Ketsuko wrote about letting it happen, not that it is a plot or that "they" created it.

Details matter, you know?

What Oleandra88 said. Details.

Nobody thinks that the Democrats created it as part of a plot to discredit the President; but as one of their own said, they won't let a crisis go to waste. And we will know that if exacerbating that crisis can serve to their political advantage, they won't miss that opportunity.

Do I believe that never-Trumpers would put Homan life at risk to further their agenda? Absolutely! These are people, politicians, who publicly call for acts of violence against innocent people. Hell, they commit access of violence.

Do, yeah, I could see that happening.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Irishhaf
Exactly. A sheet of plastic to separate the infected on a pressurized flying tube. What a joke.

Yeah. Laughable beyond imagination.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Giving the 14 to 21 day incubation period while the virus could be spread, there never was any containment. For all we really know there could be thousands of deaths in every county that are being swept under the rug as flu deaths.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Didn't realize it was that bad... Jail time for all involved in that decision wouldn't be excessive in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's okay. April is coming.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They don't have to do anything except not say stuff deeming it not news until it's overwhelming, and then it's a crisis like Katrina and they can bash the admin with it all day for "not doing anything".

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Funny...where I come from, if a department screws up the politician responsible for that department is held accountable.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I am beginning to wonder if the corona virus response is part of the resistance. Let the US get infected. Create mass chaos. Press stays silent until things are bad and then starts screaming and blames the president.

Everyone, you heard it here first. Coronavirus is a plot by Democrats to make Donald Trump look bad.

And yes, that was actually a thought that originated in a persons head.

Not Democrats. they are nothing but useful idiots. Mere puppets. It is their masters, the new world order monsters

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join