It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Russian election interference....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
edit on 22-2-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

They spend years convening people of conspiracy theories against candidates or government officials they don't like.
Those people that fall for it then go out and convince others. Eventually you have entire groups of people believing things that aren't real and voting against the people that russia don't like.
They even create links and websites and manufacturer old articles and official looking documents in order to convince people.

That's one way to do it. There are lots of people that believe bs about our government even here on ats. All because russia wanted them to believe it.

Hard to tell what is true. That's why propaganda works. There are probably things I believe that started as a psyop from some other country.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If you believe that the elites harvest adrenochrome from children then you fell for fake news propaganda that might have started from another country.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That report focuses on cyber actors.....so what percentage of the country is influenced by russian bots? Fake posts....? Fake news...sounds ridiculous

Many things sound ridiculous but are in fact reality , it's clear to anyone with unclouded vision why Russia would want Trump for 4 more years so given it's accepted that they tried in 2016 why wouldn't they try again.

Russia doesn't care who the President is they just want chaos and the value that it makes the American system look inefficient and crooked. LOL, they learned from the best over the years ... the CIA. Have no doubt that other countries do this as well with varying degrees of success. Hell, the impeachment hoax major player was one of our biggest allies spook. Somebody had to tell him to do what he did unless he had gone rogue

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

That report focuses on cyber actors.....so what percentage of the country is influenced by russian bots? Fake posts....? Fake news...sounds ridiculous

Many things sound ridiculous but are in fact reality , it's clear to anyone with unclouded vision why Russia would want Trump for 4 more years so given it's accepted that they tried in 2016 why wouldn't they try again.

I don't use Facebook, and thus was not influenced by them. Its not clear to me. Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

They spend years convening people of conspiracy theories against candidates or government officials they don't like.
Those people that fall for it then go out and convince others. Eventually you have entire groups of people believing things that aren't real and voting against the people that russia don't like.
They even create links and websites and manufacturer old articles and official looking documents in order to convince people.

That's one way to do it. There are lots of people that believe bs about our government even here on ats. All because russia wanted them to believe it.

Hard to tell what is true. That's why propaganda works. There are probably things I believe that started as a psyop from some other country.

So, that would mean that the Russians were hard at work discrediting Hillary and Bill with "Arkancide" rumors, even back when she was just Bubba's wife in little ol Arkansas. They must have been clairvoyants if they knew decades later she would run for President.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Are you just trying to be ridiculous? What we read, see, and hear influences our every decision. How do you think you have come to hold the opinions that you do? Magic?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Maybe the rumors were true?

Maybe they were faked to look like they came from years ago but were created more recently.

Maybe they do play that long game. And went after people they thought would hold high office one day?
Rumors could have been started years ago about many people that never made it into high office.
Maybe they started rumors about everyone in or even close to our government. And hillary and bill just happened to be the ones that gained power.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

If you use a cellphone or a computer to use the internet you most likely are tied to someone you know who uses social media. The internet is like the printing press, when the printing press was invented and regular people could start printing their own stuff information took off like a rocket, both good and bad.

It didnt matter if you were the one printing the stuff or the one receiving the leaflets of books, etc all it takes is a few people to persuade to get the ball rolling.

The ussr and KGB used that sort of tactic during the cold war, so did the cia to persuade their own populations that either side is bad. This time tho, information can be spread so quickly it's gone global.
I think this is why guys like zuckerberg have been calling for more regulations on the internet.

A good example is the far right neo nazi or bible belt or even the growing movement or far left neo communists, and eco fascists, using the tactics that have been seen on the streets, recruit young impressionable minds. A good place to see this in action is the 'politically incorrect' forum on 4chan.

At the end of the day we will never know the truth to be honest. It's all speculation, and too many loose ends and far too many rabbit holes to jump down. Such is the way with vast amounts of knowledge, the truth tends to get lost in the midst of manipulators. It's happened before.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
how the #$%^ was my post off topic????????????

you had to hack a russian didnt you well keep up the good work.
edit on 22-2-2020 by SpunGCake because: addition

oh and i put that comment on my topic since no 1 even acknowledged my post which was a scenario that is plausable thank you!!!
edit on 22-2-2020 by SpunGCake because: addition

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Every time I hear about russia meddling in the news, they never give an example HOW.

Here's how they tried last time.
www.intelligence.senate.gov...

So probably by learning what did and din't work last time.

Every device connected to the internet is under constant attack.

www.zdnet.com...

At no point does that report differentiate between "normal" attacks and "targeted" attacks.

And without that information, this report is propaganda designed to terrorise the uninformed.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You can know a lot more truth is just 15 minutes if you have the time for it.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Must be talking about Merkel and your addiction to Russian gas.

a reply to: ManFromEurope

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Hell, the impeachment hoax major player was one of our biggest allies spook.

The impeachment wasn't a hoax though , it was pretty much agreed that Trump did wrong but that it didn't meet the level for impeachment , I agree with that view and think the impeachment investigation was a stupid thing to do done by a desperate party leadership staring defeat in the face , they practically handed him his second term on a plate.

If they can't find a decent candidate to beat a President with the approval ratings he's had then what's the point of the Democrats , they're hardly much of an opposition.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Hell, the impeachment hoax major player was one of our biggest allies spook.

The impeachment wasn't a hoax though , it was pretty much agreed that Trump did wrong but that it didn't meet the level for impeachment , I agree with that view and think the impeachment investigation was a stupid thing to do done by a desperate party leadership staring defeat in the face , they practically handed him his second term on a plate.

If they can't find a decent candidate to beat a President with the approval ratings he's had then what's the point of the Democrats , they're hardly much of an opposition.

Its sad to say that still to this day everything we hear about with Russia hoax and deep state. It all started with Obama and His office and IMHO why Hillary never set foot into the White House. Cuz her feet were dirty and Obama needed to finish his job setting up to whoever was going to pull the plug out of the bath tub to clean up there mess. Don't get me started with the Obama "Hack the United States Soil Is an Act Of War" It's like no one even remembers him ever sayen that. Than theres Iran and them having tech to down our drones and not just any drone our alleged stealth drones. Theres alot not being said cuz you wont remember.
edit on 22-2-2020 by SpunGCake because: had to add a .

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandSchemeOfThings

Are you just trying to be ridiculous? What we read, see, and hear influences our every decision. How do you think you have come to hold the opinions that you do? Magic?

So russia has influenced my local news station , news papers???
Or is it online news from Facebook that is the fake stuff?
Never even looked at Facebook news?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Its definently not accepted that Russia influenced the election.

The influence in America was there was no way he could win

But somehow Russian bots and fake news on the internet got the elected officials to vote trump.

I have never seen a article that makes the Democrats look bad like the ones written about Republicans.

Sounds absurd

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Try what? To put up ads? To post as fake Trump supporters? I don't get it. How many votes does that sway, really?

The more its examined the more absurd it sounds.

You will never here how, just russia is definitely doing it.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The only interference in our elections by foreign nationals is illegal aliens on US soil voting. As a citizen of the US I cant go to Mexico and vote in their election. Why should a citizen of Mexico be allowed to come here and vote in our election? (Its not just Mexico but for brevity I will not list them all) Democrats seem to think that is ok. I think its criminal.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Russia doesn't care who the President is they just want chaos and the value that it makes the American system look inefficient and crooked. LOL, they learned from the best over the years ... the CIA. Have no doubt that other countries do this as well with varying degrees of success. Hell, the impeachment hoax major player was one of our biggest allies spook. Somebody had to tell him to do what he did unless he had gone rogue

They would have done the same if Clinton had 1. Create controversy that trump really won and push for a fight between the 2 parties.

I just dont think the trump base would have fallen for it as bad or be able to resist as hard as the Democrats

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join