It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common contamination points during an outbreak

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I wear gloves for those things, it’s winter, so I don’t look paranoid.

I wash the gloves at least once a week.

I never use my hands to touch door handles.

I wash my hands when I come home first thing.

I also clean my smartphone with alcohol.

I carry honest antibacterial spray for quick sanitizing.

Spray door handles with bleach/water solution.

Prefer dial antibacterial soap.

Up vitamin dosages, and keep tissues on hand.

I work at a drug store which is freaking me out lately; but I have to pay bills and put food on the table so I have to work.
While I’m there, I spray down the carts, counters, pin pads with disenfectant quite frequently.

I drink apple cider vinegar at any sign of a stomach issue, take probiotics, and pray!

When I worked for the phone co, my coworkers used to joke that Anthrax could never make it in our office with me there.

Also, for the Love of God, if you have to sneeze, please do it into your arm/inner elbow area. When someone sneezes into their hands, then touches everything, it is gross, and spreads germs/viruses.

edit on 21-2-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I use sanitizer on my hands after pumping gas, and wash my hands after handling anything from outside.

Had a customer today from University of Illinois on a student visa from China in my office todag. I sprayed the bejesus out of everything in my office with disinfectant spray.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Was out and about after reading up on the current coronavirus information so was obviously feeling mildly paranoid about the whole situation when it dawned on me while getting gas that a lot of people had probably handled the pump, it wasn't cleaned and I had nothing on me to decon my hands. (luckily it was on base so at a minimum the majority of people are healthy and regularly see a doctor)

So I have a couple questions for the group, say Corona virus gets legs where you are at.

1: how will you handle getting gas to minimize exposure?

2: what about your mail, will you collect if so how will you protect yourself and house from possible exposure?

the above are the first two to pop into my head

3: What other common exposure points should we as a group be considering, and suggested protective measures we can take.

Hey ! if you all really want the low down and see it happening with no MSN or CNN polluting your thoughts. This is for real.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... shows the %

www.abovetopsecret.com... 2-19

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Why no one is talking about smartphones? We are using them virtually everywhere doing anything. You can get home, clean your hands 10 times then simply contract the infection via your smartphone.

It is well known what you said. That is why on a few of my post said, "take away your kids smart phone" . this is serious stuff people since they bring them to school. 0ne teenager now in Japan is infected.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
In my business I drive alot and Im in and out of a lot of homes. Been washing my hands like a mad man but sometimes all I can do is the hand sanitizer.

Just wonder how effective hand sanitizer is on killing virus and bacteria??!!

I read that as long as the alcohol content is 60% or greater and you rub for 15 seconds or more and allow to dry then it kills almost everything.

Also been really focusing on not touching my face which is hard cause my skin gets dry this time of year.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot
I work on planes so I feel you on the dry skin.

I have heard 70%, and 75%, I'm rolling with advanced germ x at 70% to try and clean my hands.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Medical News online (unkown trustworthiness)

Article says the coronavirus could theoretically last from 9 hours up to a full 28 days under ideal conditions.

Ideal conditions are 60% humidity and cool conditions, down to freezing.

drier air deter the human strain. Vetinary strains have survived 28 days on a stainless steel surface in the 40F range.

On the other hand, coronavirus is the family that includes the common cold.

The best disinfectant in apparently sodium hypochlorite, a type of bleach. It is found in the Clorox brand "Spray Anywhere." I use it for disinfecting steel surfaces and countertops when Im making jerky. Available at most US groceries, it is widely used in butcher shops / meat markets to disinfect cutting surfaces (doesn't have the horrible taste or toxicity of chemical bleach.)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I will handle my mail with rubber gloves. I'll take it outback and open it. I'm not keeping anything that I don't absolutely have to and it will be burned on the grill. Anything important will be put in a box outside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join