It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left is for more controls vs Right no gov at all and Free speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The OP isn't about what the R's are because they are RINO leftist more than not.

I think I meant the OP to be about the Right leaning like myself Libertarians are being treated like we are for doing Leftist things. When we are not.

THERE ARE ONLY A FEW R's and almost no D's who are for less Gov!

originally posted by: Boadicea
Those who want no government at all are "anarchists." In terms of current political parties, Libertarians probably come closest to wanting minimal government.

As for Republicans being the party of "no gov at all" -- puhleeze!!!

Republicans are just as happy to use the law (and the barrel of a government gun) to force their will upon everyone else. Here are three examples:

8 Republicans Who Are Preventing Marijuana Legalization in Congress

GOP Senator Defends Mandatory Vaccinations After Paul Says They’re Inconsistent with Liberty

In Texas, Perry's Vaccine Mandate Provoked Anger

13 Virginia Republican Senators Stand Like a Stone Wall against Gay Marriage

Dems don't have monopoly on tyranny. The Pubs are just as bad in their own way.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes you DO get it. I agree with most every post I have seen you share and I speak up, as you know, when we disagree.
edit on 21-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: underwerks
Republicans don’t want an absence of government, they want a government controlled by corporate interests which they can exploit. They want an American oligarchy that they themselves can be the leaders of.

That’s the end game of their beliefs and policies. No matter what BS they try to sell you, if you look a little deeper it all comes back around to this.

All the tech giants are all liberal, and are all actively working to censor speech they don't agree with. Republicans are not in the corporate interest of Google, Facebook, Apple, Twitter, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. Wake up.

Then why is Mark Zuckerberg having secret meetings with Donald Trump and Peter Thiel? Right wing dark money financier Peter Thiel?

Link

Why is Donald Trump spending around $20 million a year on Facebook ads alone? Kind of strange to spend that much money on a platform that supposedly censors you.

The Trump campaign spent $19.4m on 218,100 different Facebook ads in 2019, which were seen between 633m and 1.3bn times.

Link

This whole thing, this “conservatives are being censored on social media!!1!” thing is horse crap. Social media is the main place the ideology spreads and where most Trump followers get their news. I’m sure these “liberal” tech companies really sit in their stockholder meetings and talk about the newest liberal agenda to push. Lmao.

They’re corporatists. Plain and simple. And as such aren’t liberal at all. Maybe more so socially than a random person off the street in Montana, but when it comes to their money their values line up directly with those of people like Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

So you're not actually arguing from any kind of fact based reality but from feeling. If you had prefaced your OP with that it would have saved us all a lot of time.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just don't understand why in a country of 330+ million people, we only have two choices as President. It's insanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The OP isn't about what the R's are because they are RINO leftist more than not. I think I meant the OP to be about the Right leaning like myself Libertarians are being treated like we are for doing Leftist things. When we are not. THERE ARE ONLY A FEW R's and almost no D's who are for less Gov!

Excellent point -- thank you for making it!

I think this is where and why the labels get in the way -- and why I hate labels and boxes and all kinds of identity politics. Even within the parties, there will be folks at each extreme and at all points in between. Even in Congress, all members of a party don't always vote along party lines. Although, I will say historically and practically speaking, it seems that Dems are more likely to vote/act as a monolith than Pubs.

Among the people, those strict lines don't exist. Sure there will always be people who demand complete adherence to their declared approved and accepted positions -- the so-called "purity spirals". But for the most part, people's opinions span the political spectrum even within their parties.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
I just don't understand why in a country of 330+ million people, we only have two choices as President. It's insanity.

You can write in anyone you want, I did last election. It obviously failed spectacularly on my part but I don't care, I'm gonna do it again this year.

edit on 21-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Q indicted it

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes you DO get it.

Oh dear... I can feel my head swelling even more!

And thank you.

I agree with most every post I have seen you share and I speak up, as you know, when we disagree.

And thank you again. I appreciate that -- being challenged. I also appreciate your thoughtful posts. Whether it's simply being presented a new thought or perspective to consider and integrate into my thought processes... or forcing me to reconsider or back up a position I already hold. Either way, I figure I'm the winner!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Justoneman
Right wing means little to no government laws over the citizens.

That is patently false, both parties have grown government unceasingly. Libertarians want little to no government.

Libertarians are the worse. Laissez faire capitalism simply does not work. The problems with our country are not rocket science. The CEOs and billionaires give tons of money to lobbyists who get legislation passed creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. As a result, we have price fixing of wages, products, and services ALL in the billionaires and CEOs favor.

Just stop with the left wing communist BS!!! I laugh anytime anyone uses the word communism. We are about as far to the right as you can be and still have a government currency worth a shred of value. Does anyone really think the workers of this country are going to start owning factories and channels of product distribution any time soon? It's laughable to think the workers of this country will ever own anything other than debt to the company store!!! We are much closer to right-wing slavery and Nazi prison labor than we are to workers owning factories:

As the video shows wealth inequality is so far worse than most people imagine. How do you justify workers having livable wages? There's no argument that is going to beat "freedom" and "liberty" when it comes to wages. For 40 years now we've gone further and further to the right. The 1936 words of FDR are MORE true today than when he spoke them:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Just stop the charade this country is too far to the left. It isn't. Money talks everything Republican's post is BS. The workers of this country are taking it squarely up the butt with a giant red, white, and blue dick. If you think otherwise you are being delusional. We will need another Great Depression before we see FDR policies again.

But it's all okay because Marx said laissez faire capitalism is always followed by communism. Marx said laissez faire capitalism would result in too much money being concentrated in too few hands. Because of this unfettered greed eventually the government's currency will become worthless. Once the currency becomes worthless the people in the breadlines will demand MORE government not less. See you in the breadlines my comrades!!

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

The United States of Corporations. Corporations ARE the government. Again, stop with the left wing BS. Money talks, workers owning factories or any other talk of communism is pure BS.

edit on 21-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you're not actually arguing from any kind of fact based reality but from feeling. If you had prefaced your OP with that it would have saved us all a lot of time.

I am factual as the nose on your face.

I do know how to think and consider your logic properly and my replies are to provoke YOU to use your own brain to SEE the truth.

You can think what you wish, I am sticking to the concepts of Left means MORE GOV.

Not changing my opinion on that unless you know something we don't?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Libertarians are the worse. Laissez faire capitalism simply does not work.

We've never had a Libertarian government so to say it doesn't work is speaking from ignorance. But hey, if you like your failed two party duopoly you can keep your failed two part duopoly.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well stated Boadicea!

The lines are blurred on purpose IMO, so that the 'divide and conquer" elite puppet masters can continue to operate unencumbered by our laws and continue pushing the narrative to the one world totalitarian "Utopia".

originally posted by: Boadicea

The OP isn't about what the R's are because they are RINO leftist more than not. I think I meant the OP to be about the Right leaning like myself Libertarians are being treated like we are for doing Leftist things. When we are not. THERE ARE ONLY A FEW R's and almost no D's who are for less Gov!

Excellent point -- thank you for making it!

I think this is where and why the labels get in the way -- and why I hate labels and boxes and all kinds of identity politics. Even within the parties, there will be folks at each extreme and at all points in between. Even in Congress, all members of a party don't always vote along party lines. Although, I will say historically and practically speaking, it seems that Dems are more likely to vote/act as a monolith than Pubs.

Among the people, those strict lines don't exist. Sure there will always be people who demand complete adherence to their declared approved and accepted positions -- the so-called "purity spirals". But for the most part, people's opinions span the political spectrum even within their parties.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

We've never had a Libertarian government so to say it doesn't work is speaking from ignorance. But hey, if you like your failed two party duopoly you can keep your failed two part duopoly.

Amen, did I say Amen to your post. I meant HELL YEA! I realize you claim to not like the Amen corner, in fairness to you but I digress.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I don't mind people agreeing with me, it's better than when my invisible friends do it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There are laws that enslave men and there are laws that set them free. You are being completely naive if you think government does not have a STRONG role in ensuring we have free and open markets. Libertarianism results in people gaming the markets. Libertarianism results in people creating cartels and monopolies. Libertarianism results in the price fixing of wages, products, and services.

Are you so naive to think the CEOs are going to represent the interests of the workers? LIbertarianism is slavery.

edit on 21-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh, excuse me, no one is gaming anything now. Not with lobbyism and pay to play. How was I so stupid.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Left, right, Communist, Fascist. Makes no difference. When either is in full power (that's full power) both of them want totalitarian government. That's complete control over all aspects of your life. The only way this is stopped from happening (which a lot of you don't like) is a balance between the two, which we have in the majority of countries.
To live in a world in black or white is bad. For the majority of people the best world looks grey.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Left, right, Communist, Fascist. Makes no difference. When either is in full power (that's full power) both of them want totalitarian government. That's complete control over all aspects of your life. The only way this is stopped from happening (which a lot of you don't like) is a balance between the two, which we have in the majority of countries.
To live in a world in black or white is bad. For the majority of people the best world looks grey.

On the Right side of this equation that is a big NOT.

The right wing concept

IS:

NO GOV, NO TYRANNY by GOV. Nearly Anarchy which is bad too.

Libertarians want a little Gov but NO TYRYANNY or ANARCHY.

Does that make more sense in that light?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I don't mind people agreeing with me, it's better than when my invisible friends do it.

I don't always drink from AM's cup but when I do, I prefer the Libertarian one!

ETA

With Jim Beam would be preferable.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well let's have a look at full right wing governments in actual power (not the dictionary description).
People :- Francisco Franco, Benito Mussolini, Adolph Hitler and Augusto Pinochet. All of their countries run by right wing governments. All had governments that DID rule by tyranny and ALL rejected anarchy for totalitarian rule.
Does that make more sense to you.
And the same can be said for actual left wing run countries. China, USSR, Cuba, need I go on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join