It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the US is switching sides in Libya.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In First Visit To Libya, US Ambassador Meets Only With Haftar While Ignoring Tripoli

So, the US has a new ambassador to Libya (a guy named Richard Norland), and this week he met with the Libyan government.

Specifically, he met with Gen. Haftar of the Benghazi government. He did not go to Tripoli, or meet with anyone in the Western-backed (now more like European-backed) government.

I dare say the writing is on the wall. The US has written off the Tripoli government as a lost cause.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
[url=https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/first-visit-libya-us-ambassador-meets-haftar-first-while-ignoring-tripoli]
I dare say the writing is on the wall. The US has written off the Tripoli government as a lost cause.

I thought that was Obama's (Sec.Clinton) State Department's set in stone policy: destroy the leadership and you destroy the people. Give them NO guidance or resources to rebuild.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Haftar met Russian defense minister today. Looks like a combined anti Islamist force brewing.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That's just colonialism 101...

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Libya has not reached its potential for exploitation. Not a 'spice island' or *rubber plant* or Sugar Cane revenue cash cow? What was Libya's GNP yield based upon in so much Obama had to destroy it and abandon it? Terrorism? A right of way easement allowing for understanding of Radical Islam?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Didn't US already tale out Gadafi and even his grand kids? And seize his gold? What else is left in Libya for NWO to need to fully colonize?

Is Libya a vital conduit into Africa for NWO's silk road now??

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"Good news! You've been appointed for an ambassadorship!"

"Great! I knew those campaign contributions would pay off. Where am I going?"

"Libya."

"Sonova b.."

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I missed the part where we are colonizing Libya.

Link please?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
that Lybia is in prophecy to join with Russ and Turk and Iran....kinda interesting to me....

originally posted by: pressident
Didn't US already tale out Gadafi and even his grand kids? And seize his gold? What else is left in Libya for NWO to need to fully colonize?

Is Libya a vital conduit into Africa for NWO's silk road now??

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
The bigger story in that article should actually be about the EU finally agreeing to send warships to enforce the arms embargo. The LNA bombed a container ship in the port carrying weapons and logistical supplies yesterday. The people who track boats on Twitter were tracking it.

Turkey sure has alot of money to be supporting it's global adventures. They even keeping Russia on its toes.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's another favorite of Marxists. Something else they repeat incessantly and don't really understand.

There is a global power structure that enforces these things and for the first time there is someone in the White House not taking orders.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It's another favorite of Marxists. Something else they repeat incessantly and don't really understand.

There is a global power structure that enforces these things and for the first time there is someone in the White House not taking orders.

Which is precisely why I like to call them out on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Libya still sitting on top of one of those largest reserves of sweet light crude oil in the world.
Easily refinable sitting on an amazing port where they can ship it all over the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

We just want Wheelus Air Base back.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Oil? Dominance?

It's not literal colonialism, but it's the exact same tactics.

Lots of places were colonized for no reason because it was the cool thing to do back in the day. In today's world its frowned upon, so it's just done in other ways. This time corporate interests are the reason.

I mean, when you have a top general who said there was a literal list of places for the us to basically take over. What do you call that?
edit on 21-2-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You do know if you're trying to broker peace you have to talk to the enemy.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What have they named this new colony? any pictures of this new village/town ? where are all the honkys ?

Colonisation is when a mass of people move somewhere else... like mass immigration, ahh nothing like globalist reverse colonisation huh
edit on 21-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Libya still sitting on top of one of those largest reserves of sweet light crude oil in the world.
Easily refinable sitting on an amazing port where they can ship it all over the world.

No there not they have a huge problem lack of infrastructure they are limited to about 1000 barrels a day. The money needed to invest in this county could be better spent in other countries for much larger gains. Nigeria, for example, you get access to a huge natural gas reserve and very close known reserves. Problem is Libya is to unreliable for anyone to make major investments.Currently Hifter has cut off oil production completely trying to deprive tripoli of the money in his coop to take over the government. Just an fyi for people Mr. Hifter had served as an officer in Colonel el-Qaddafi’s army, but later fled to the United States where he lived for decades as a C.I.A. client before returning to Libya during the uprising in 2011. Sice then his civil war has all but destroyed the economy.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The bigger story in that article should actually be about the EU finally agreeing to send warships to enforce the arms embargo. The LNA bombed a container ship in the port carrying weapons and logistical supplies yesterday. The people who track boats on Twitter were tracking it.

Turkey sure has alot of money to be supporting it's global adventures. They even keeping Russia on its toes.

I admit I don't understand why Turkey has skin in this game. They already have more than they can deal with in Syria.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You do know if you're trying to broker peace you have to talk to the enemy.

Then why did they completely ignoring the other side? That sounds more we're moving towards recognizing the Benghazi government as the rulers of Libya, de facto if not officially.

If the EU is actually going to start enforcing the arms embargo, that will hurt the Tripoli government far more than it will hurt the Benghazi government. Tripoli is barely holding on, and having their supply of arms cut off could be what finally breaks them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join