It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tip Trolling The Service Industry With Trump Bills

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've been serving/bartending at little family owned Italian place near my house for the last year.

Make between $25-$35/hr in tips plus my hourly rate.

If someone slipped one of these in with the usual tips I get, it'd give me a hearty chuckle.

I wanted to get a huge stack of these and rain them down on Stormy Daniels when she was touring strip clubs, but she never came close enough for me to get arsed to do it.

Wonder what her reaction would've been. 😂🤣
edit on 21-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Alot of times, i didnt even earn the minimum wage, and the manager didnt make up the difference. When tax time came, I actually ended paying tax on earnings I never got.
Needless to say, I didnt work there long.

Just FYI, in tip credit states, the employer is legally obligated to make up any and all wages not made through tips to equal the non-tip credit minimum wage. You should have gone to your local labor board about that, and depending on how long you worked there and how much you were underpaid, you might want to look into class action. If it's an ongoing thing and can be proven, I'm sure there are hundreds to thousands of people who got shafted the same.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I'm imagining this to be something a bunch of bad drunks woukd be laughing loudly about while everyone else, regardless of political leanings rolls their eyes and wonders why grown men are acting like the kids nobody could stand in 3rd grade.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

"Twenty twenty dollars " hahahaha!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I've been serving/bartending at little family owned Italian place near my house for the last year.

Make between $25-$35/hr in tips plus my hourly rate.

If someone slipped one of these in with the usual tips I get, it'd give me a hearty chuckle.

I wanted to get a huge stack of these and rain them down on Stormy Daniels when she was touring strip clubs, but she never came close enough for me to get arsed to do it.

Wonder what her reaction would've been. 😂🤣

What a strange fantasy to have, you've managed to mix your sex life with political jargon....you must be awesome in the sack ...do you scream Donny whilst climaxing.....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

"Twenty twenty dollars " hahahaha!

Would you believe 50/ 50 .....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Nah.

I always tip my waitstaff, bartenders, drivers, lawn and delivery people 20 to 25-percent. My first jobs 35+ years ago were service jobs and I know how hard they work.

Plus, I like clean food.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

From someone who runs service industry businesses...i can tell you that no one will appreciate it. most servers just want to get through their shift and get home to their lives. none deserve political trolling.

I put this right next to the people who do it with religious propaganda disguised as cash. Trash.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I put this right next to the people who do it with religious propaganda disguised as cash. Trash.

Ooof. I remember those. Religious wingnuts leaving, 'Have you found Jesus?', cards instead of tips.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: underwerks
This is the most Republican thing I’ve ever seen.

Literally taking money out of a hard working persons pocket by leaving a picture of a corrupt billionaire instead of money.

He said leave it sandwiched between two real bills. Once again, TDS interferes with the ability to read and comprehend.

Which I’m sure in the waitresses mind meant more money. Because you know, there’s three bills there.

Once again, a petty move from someone who’s perverted their brain functions by personally investing themselves in a politician.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Straight to hell, all of them.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, the only thing worse than non-tippers is non-tippers with an agenda.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't tip.....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
IF...I was going to hand them out, I would have to find a cheaper alternative than the price that they are selling them at on Amazon.
Like maybe the ones coming out of a copier after I got one for free.
edit on b000000292020-02-21T09:58:25-06:0009America/ChicagoFri, 21 Feb 2020 09:58:25 -0600900000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Ummm...
Ya, I would really try to avoid getting the same waitress twice... she might decide to not give you the same good service the second time?

How do you know you are trolling a liberal?
Maybe shes a single mom who took you fools advice and is trying to pull herself up by her own bootstraps. Heck, maybe part of the reason why she is a single mom is that some of your buddies talked her into not terminating the pregnancy assuring her everything will be alright, she'd have plenty of help.
Her employer doesnt even have to pay her minimum wage and her tips are supposed to make up the difference. The cost of the childcare for that kid your buddies just had to talk her into accepting into her life might cost more than her danged boss has to pay her for her time.

Ya, that's some trolling there, here's hoping that the next time she serves you, you end up biting into a bootstrap sandwich as you watch her walk out the door and to the welfare office.
What you call trolling, I just call mean!!

This reads like all these things you just stated you seem to think is okay?

If a person has to terminate a life because of financial woes, the system itself is broken. Which means it's probably a good time to change it and quit voting in politicians that make more than the idiots that vote them in and create a voter base that thinks it's reasonable to terminate a life just because they don't have enough fake paper.

You can't fix a system by voting in the same Republicans or Democrats that spit the same # every 4 years and expect anything to change. Which is the whole reason Trump won.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago1501699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And now we're getting somewhere.

Your post reveals much about you and the state of affairs in this fine country. If you had put the Trump bill between two real $20 bills it would actually be a cool thing to do, but the fact that you think $2 is a "tip" is actually quite disgusting.

My friends and I have left $30 tips at Waffle House.

You paying servers $2 big boy?

You don't even want to know what they think of you. Literally what they think of you. All those servers all those years thinking about you. Their thoughts are weighing you down. It is all too advanced for you.

edit on 21-2-2020 by Generation9 because: coolness

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Forget the Trump bills, which I have never done nor will I, I just think a gag video, like they do on YouTube on many other things would be funny.

On to the lone issue of tipping, I actually worked in the restaurant industry for a few years, so my perspective is maybe different than you perceive it to be. First off tipping is a bonus, that is a fact, when I have received horrible service I still tip just less, "2 bucks is all you earned today with that attitude". But 15% is fair, 20% is good. I judge my tipping by 4 standards, attitude of server, speed of service, attention to detail(you see my refillable drink is empty-how fast do you refill it) and quality of food. If you pass on all 4 you get 20%, fail on any and that begins to drop and I don't really care who's fault it is, this money is above and beyond what the meal actually costs, it's a bonus you get for being fair, good, excellent or knock my socks off awesome.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

The system is broken... anyone who works a full day should be paid enough money... by the employer... to meet their needs for that day, along with half of the needs of their children. There shouldnt be any full time workers needing govt benefits. How much the minimum wage would have to be now, I have no idea. Considering that the value of the full package of govt benefits that were being handed out to single mothers of two children decades ago was around $10 an hour, I think there is alot of jobs that are failing on this one today.

And, at the moment. not only am I living in this three bedroom house with my three sons but also a homeless mother and her child... if it wasn't for my one son needing my car when he gets called back to work and my other needing my money to help pay the bill's, I'd be moving on into my nice efficiency apartment somehere....far away..
But, well, I keep hearing from our houseguest that she should be getting some child support.. have been hearing that for over a month, but as yet, he hasn't paid any so she isnt getting any.

Do I think any of this crap is okay? Hell no! HUD 's waiting list is so long it's insane. Rent is insane. Cost of living is insane. Heating bill is insane! Cost of food is insane! And my kids are driving me insane!!!

So, no, I dont think it's okay. But at the same time I know firsthand how quickly those oh dont worry, you'll get help if you need it people disappear quickly when the help is asked for. I wasn't making a statement so much about abortion as I was about peoples, and fathers, general disinterest to help anyone but themselves. Changing who we vote into office isnt gonna help much in that respect since the problem is pretty much prevalent in society and people ain't gonna do squat unless the ser some kind of benefit to themselves. And, if you are trying to tell me the answer is to vote more trumpeters into office, no thanks! We are gonna be lucky if we still have a democratic republic when he leaves. I'll take what was over what we have now thank you!!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What message is being conveyed by this action? It seems to me it is going to anger anyone who receives the tip to find out some of the bills are not actual currency.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Fools advice by being self reliant and employed? Huh that’s a brand new perspective. What should she do instead oh enlightened one?

a reply to: dawnstar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join