It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tip Trolling The Service Industry With Trump Bills

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
This is the most Republican thing I’ve ever seen.

Literally taking money out of a hard working persons pocket by leaving a picture of a corrupt billionaire instead of money.

This isn’t a “Republican thing”.
I think it’s rather petty, if not downright sleazy.

Besides, who tips $2.00 for anything, other than a cocktail?

Edit to add:
This is actually beyond sleazy, and I certainly hope karma comes around to anyone despicable enough to pull this b.s.
edit on 20-2-2020 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2020 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I would imagine it's illegal to tip with fake bills, it should be at least.

It's class warfare, it's rampant. People who work these jobs are just viewed by some people as sub human, put into the same category as immigrants, or Muslims, the homeless etc etc. It's a sick world out there, ive mentioned this before when people were complaining about poor service at fast food restaurants and i was like what do expect, they are paid poorly and get treated like crap, dont be surprised if you find spit or something worse in your food.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Ohhh... that was my problem, I was working at a truck stop... and was probably the worst waitress in history with a low tolerance for drunks, working the graveyard shift when that was what most of the patrons were... drunk.
Alot of times, i didnt even earn the minimum wage, and the manager didnt make up the difference. When tax time came, I actually ended paying tax on earnings I never got.
Needless to say, I didnt work there long.

So, are yous saying you are too good for 4 star or lower resturants?

Of coarse not, I eat at 1 star to 3 star restaurant all the time, some independents are amazing if they have a good chef.
I work in the service industry as well but it's not a tipped industry. I do feel bad for the waitresses that have drunk fools hitting on them, I have seen it.
If you gave a Trump voter/server a $10 tip on a $50 meal with the fake Trump bill I am sure they would laugh it off.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Not to mention they're probably not covered by health insurance or get any paid sick days, but, they are handling the food you are eating!!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Not that I would recommend this, but I would like to see the reactions of liberals tipped with this sandwiched between 2
1 dollar bills.
So you tip them 2 dollars but in the middle is this. If they gave you great service, you could change them to 2 X $5 for $10.

Trump Bucks $20

But make sure you already finished eating if your in one of the blue coastal cities.
Video the reactions, some might laugh it off others maybe not.

I would love for Trump to issue his own money. The problem is every president that has taken power away from the Federal Reserve has been assassinated.

"(we) gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they have ever had – their own paper money to pay their own debts..."

The Treasury notes were printed with green ink on the back, so the people called them "Greenbacks".

Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902), money that he delegated to be created, a debt-free and interest-free money to finance the War. It served as legal tender for all debts, public and private. He printed it, paid it to the soldiers, to the U.S. Civil Service employees, and bought supplies for war.

Shortly after that happened, The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all coun­tries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

That was all she wrote for Lincoln!

When you use the work of another author you're supposed to use quotes and give them credit. Otherwise it appears like you're taking credit for their work.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

My son has been on a three month layoff till spring comes around. And, while he could have spent his time on unemployment, hes been working delivering pizzas instead. It's his tips that boosts his earnings above what he'd be getting from unemployment, barely.
Some of his customers dont give him any tip. A few will give him a good amount. Most though, it's around the 5 dollar mark. I imagine it isnt much different in the restaurants and a 10 dollar tip would be above average.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's class warfare, it's rampant. People who work these jobs are just viewed by some people as sub human, put into the same category as immigrants, or Muslims, the homeless etc etc. It's a sick world out there, ive mentioned this before when people were complaining about poor service at fast food restaurants and i was like what do expect, they are paid poorly and get treated like crap, dont be surprised if you find spit or something worse in your food.

Being paid poorly is no excuse for not taking pride in the work you do. What is sub-human is making excuses for spitting in food due to low pay. That viewpoint shows a special kind of stupid.

Just a thought but have you considered that if workers took more pride in their work, that others may take notice? I've always found that hard work and opportunities for advancement are related.

Lord forbid anyone should have to work hard to get ahead in the world of liberal logic, right?
edit on 20-2-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think you saved a lot of time and money by just posting the thread. Because, well the thought alone triggered your entertainment for the night. As a “bonus” to their tip, most people will enjoy it even if they oppose Trump because they can “get” their friends with it later.
edit on 20-2-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Doesnt change the fact that the person flipping your burger might have opted to call in sick if he knew he had a sick day to rely on but instead hes at work, feeling like crap, sneezing and spreading that carona virus all around, and onto that burger he just plopped into the bun for you...
Thank you and enjoy your meal!!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Being paid poorly is no excuse for not taking pride in the work you do. What is sub-human is making excuses for spitting in food due to low pay. That viewpoint shows a special kind of stupid.

Just a thought but have you considered that if workers took more pride in their work, that others may take notice? I've always found that hard work and opportunities for advancement are related.

Lord forbid anyone should have to work hard to get ahead in the world of liberal logic, right?

You misunderstand my point, I'm not saying it's ok to spit in peoples food, I'm saying when you demonize people they get resentful and some people have no concience or morals.

Only stupid people think this is a left right issue ...

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yes imagine a server who is politically neutral doesn't care one way or another, but he knows his cook cares, so he decides just for !@#$% and giggles to give this entire tip to the cook for a job well done. Gets some of the other servers to come over to watch.....gets the reaction they wanted and they all laugh.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Out of all people to troll, why the service industry? They bust their asses for a meager wage and whatever tips their customers feel like giving that night. They have it hard enough.

Low class.

ETA: Also, you should know this but, never f*ck with the people who handle your food!
edit on 20-2-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Anathros

Doesnt change the fact that the person flipping your burger might have opted to call in sick if he knew he had a sick day to rely on but instead hes at work, feeling like crap, sneezing and spreading that carona virus all around, and onto that burger he just plopped into the bun for you...
Thank you and enjoy your meal!!

Oh yuk, hadn't even thought of that angle, extra snot, sweat , gastro....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Oh, I am too busy imagining the boss who finds out that a couple of his employees have been getting their laughs at waitress's expense by doing this. So when bonus time comes around, while he is filling the envelopes with the usual amount of cash for most of his employees, he has a stack of trump cash for that couple who have been playing that game.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And before anyone gets started...I did quite a few number of years in the restaurant biz. From cashier to dishwasher to cook to manager to invited in being part owner. The last gig I did was an in house trainer for Cracker Barrel before I said enough is enough. I both know and respect the business and tip rather well, especially on slow days.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Not that I would recommend this, but I would like to see the reactions of liberals tipped with this sandwiched between 2
1 dollar bills.
So you tip them 2 dollars but in the middle is this. If they gave you great service, you could change them to 2 X $5 for $10.

Trump Bucks $20

But make sure you already finished eating if your in one of the blue coastal cities.
Video the reactions, some might laugh it off others maybe not.

When is ATS going to install an age requirement?

I would settle for a basic IQ test and an American civics test if you are going to post about American politics.

It's not the age that matters, at the end of the day.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's a bit low to troll low-wage employees. Secondly, most employers don't allow political talk at work so you're just putting them in an akward spot.

It's all a bit harmless and maybe some people might like it, but i think we all have enough trump in our lives.
edit on 20-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 21-2-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Out of all people to troll, why the service industry? They bust their asses for a meager wage and whatever tips their customers feel like giving that night. They have it hard enough.

Low class.

ETA: Also, you should know this but, never f*ck with the people who handle your food!

No kidding, you would think it's common sense, I guess it's not that common anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join