It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Ds of the US Government May Never Change, Regardless of Who is in Power

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Oh Oh !!!!!

Trump was not told coronavirus-infected Americans would be flown home from cruise ship

President Trump grew furious with senior advisers this week over a decision to allow 14 Americans who tested positive for coronavirus to return to the United States from Japan after being assured that infected patients would remain in quarantine overseas, according to administration officials.

Trump and the administration’s coronavirus task force were told last Saturday that Americans who had spent weeks in quarantine aboard the Diamond Princess luxury liner where the virus had spread to hundreds of passengers would be brought home on two chartered planes — but that patients who had symptoms or the infection itself would stay in Japan.

Trump was briefed on the decision and agreed that healthy passengers should not be on the plane with sick ones, three senior administration officials said. But the State Department and a top U.S. health official ultimately decided to bring back the 14 Americans who tested positive for the virus on the planes and place them in isolation — without informing the president first.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So restricting my anger to Azar and Pompeo was the correct instinct?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm starting to tilt your way on all of this. Those "Three Ds" seem to be a problem worldwide.

This is troubling -
Untraceable coronavirus clusters...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm starting to tilt your way on all of this. Those "Three Ds" seem to be a problem worldwide.

This is troubling -
Untraceable coronavirus clusters...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

State Department underlings made the quick decision to allow the infected citizens onto the flights, but separated from the other passengers within portable bio-containment units that were already on the planes, in case passengers showed symptoms during the flight.

This is frustrating. The President wasn't just not informed of this decision, it looks like people outside the matrix of authority in the State Department made the call. Not good. I honestly don't know what the hell to say other than just that, not good. This is why I support starving the government down to the point where they lack the resources and personnel to do anything at all beyond their Constitutional mandate... not only is the government prone to be a wasteful morass, they also hire some of the most incompetent, worthless wastes of air imaginable and pay them to foul up their jobs using our earnings.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
In my view he would done exactly what you say good leaders never do, broken faith with the majority stateside who look to him to make tough decisions, INCLUDING telling these people "No, sorry, you cannot return to the US right now because you are quarantined and carrying a disease that poses a threat to the entire US population."

Disagree vehemently.

The problem/mistake wasn't bringing them back. It was putting them on a plane with others who did not have the virus.

They could have easily brought them home, and quarantined them here.

That's a tough decision, but it is absolutely within his power to make it and there is no legal mandate that the United States return these people to the US until their quarantine is up AND their health is tested clear.

I absolutely disagree. wrt bringing them home. Agree completely with keeping them quarantoned.

What if it was your parents? Child/children?

No, leaving their fate in the hands of some 2nd or 3rd world country is just plain selfish lunacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join