It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Ds of the US Government May Never Change, Regardless of Who is in Power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The greatest threat to freedom....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We have a lot of military base hospitals and biolabs not located inside the continental United States. I know personally of some fairly robust facilities in the Marshal Islands, for instance. Take them there, in aircrafts not being used by the healthy public, and conduct a proper quarantine.

Sweet Christ, I swear some Conservatives are sounding like bleeding heart liberals with all their outpouring of concern and pity for people who LEFT THE UNITED STATES ON THEIR OWN VOLITION, be it to seek fortune, adventure, or recreation.. whatever their reason, They stopped being the US' primary concern when They left US soil.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We have a lot of military base hospitals and biolabs not located inside the continental United States. I know personally of some fairly robust facilities in the Marshal Islands, for instance. Take them there, in aircrafts not being used by the healthy public, and conduct a proper quarantine.

Sweet Christ, I swear some Conservatives are sounding like bleeding heart liberals with all their outpouring of concern and pity for people who LEFT THE UNITED STATES ON THEIR OWN VOLITION, be it to seek fortune, adventure, or recreation.. whatever their reason, They stopped being the US' primary concern when They left US soil.

I have flown to all of them, we could take them to Johnston atoll, like the most isolated spot on the earth where we have bio/chemicals... but do we really need to?

When you go on a cruise ship do you stop being US primary concern? I don't understand your point here. I'm going to Mexico in May, should I be concern my country will not support me then?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Clearly not, this news makes it clear the US will bend over backwards to get you back here whatever your condition is. If I was running the show, though? Screw you. Once you opt to take your dollars out of this country to recreate, whatever happens when you pass that border heading our is between you and the foreign country you were eager to deal with when times were good... deal with them when times turn to crap as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Dystopian

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Advantage
Recent events have made me consider the very distasteful possibility that we have gone past the point of no return.. and a majority of our citizens are too stupid and/or ignorant to safely govern themselves and recognize and individuals sovereignty of his own personal bubble.

Don't worry... There is enough of us Boomers left we can rebuild after everyone else is gone...never fear the Boomers got it.

Im an old Gen X-er. Yeah, well if you can rebuild it Im sure we can tear it right back down. Silly 50's - 70's architecture and orange shag carpet stuff..

But wait. Im old and a gen x... youre a boomer? Youre on deaths door. Youre not building anything but a mountain out of your mashed potatoes and pureed porkchops with a spork.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Of course we will support you. If you become a super spreader with some virulent virus you have a nice place reserved for you.. Plum Island. You can make a chupacabra a pet or dine on fresh glow in the dark spiderweb spinning swine. Its like an Eden.

Or alcatraz.. I like this option better myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

But wait. Im old and a gen x... youre a boomer? Youre on deaths door. Youre not building anything but a mountain out of your mashed potatoes and pureed porkchops with a spork.

59 is not that old...And I'm in better shape than 80% of anyone past the age of 30 on my team of 45...lol I complain I'm going to out live them all...geez

Only thing that slows me down are my joints, but then I am seeing people with hip and knee replacements in their late 30s/40s now. Naw I'm still kicking well..

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Of course we will support you. If you become a super spreader with some virulent virus you have a nice place reserved for you.. Plum Island. You can make a chupacabra a pet or dine on fresh glow in the dark spiderweb spinning swine. Its like an Eden.

Or alcatraz.. I like this option better myself.

Well when it mutates or the Chinese releases Batch Wuhan 400 to get the lethality of 70%+ then we can do what you suggest. Right now they are beta testing batch 19 to only see how it will spread....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Leaving us all dumbfounded, distressed, disturbed, and now possibly diseased.
Thanks state department!
Still working hard against the American people.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You people are over reacting on this disease of the season. They are in about as much danger as flying with fourteen passengers with influenza, and that happens everyday.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes, I've noticed millions of people in entire cities and regions quarantined, air travel massively altered, entire national supply chains halted for weeks, every year like clockwork, for the flu...
No, wait. What am I saying? That's not happened before in any of our lifetimes. Maybe, just maybe this is a lot more substantial than the flu? Every logical indication demonstrates that it is significantly more impactful than the flu, but internet pandemic experts on forums say we're overreacting... 0o

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Some food for thought by comparing the ongoing seasonal influenza to the corona-virus outbreak.

CDC Link

CDC Link 2

Of course those are estimates but tell the tale. Nearly the whole of the US is currently experiencing widespread influenza outbreaks. These numbers are for and outbreak where half the country had flu shots. 16,000 being the lowest estimate for those who died so far and yet no panic.

Coronavirus Map

76,798 infected
2,250 deaths
18,870 recovered

Logic would dictate that the seasonal flu is far more deadly and widespread. It accounts for an average of 2% of all annual deaths.
edit on 2/21/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Solid points, and reflective of one of the reasons we MUST do whatever we can to isolate those ill with Coronavirus and keep them out of the United States. 2250 dead with 77,000 infected... now if you viewed that mortality rate with the same number of infections of the uncontrolled spread of the flu, say 41 million came down with coronavirus... 1,1980,500 death would be the result with the current (clearly fabricated numbers China has given us) that's a bit higher. In fact, the difference between 41,000 deaths and 1.2 million deaths is damn near a million deaths.

Remember a side conversation we had not long ago? Remember, I compared myself to Rickey Bobby... I either win or I crash the car, no middle ground? I don't like this coronavirus because I see the possibility that I'll "win" this argument over just how bad it's going to be and that win will also amount to crashing the car.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm not sure how anyone could come up with a mortality rate right now. For every know case, there could well be five mild cases where no medical help was needed or sought. I suspect in the end the mortality rate will be pretty low.

I know we have had years where the seasonal flu killed over 60,000 just in the US.

Don't get me wrong Captain Trips, or is that Mr. Booby, the tale is yet to be told on the coronavirus.

More importantly, I've got to find me one of these...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

"Booby?" I'll have to start calling you Pepe le Pew from now on... We could easily just turn this thread into a Talladega Nights quote thread, you damn well know I'd be fine with that. You can be the Magic Man and I'm El Diablo, Spanish for the fighting chicken.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Divide, demoralize and dehumanize?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Actually "Booby" was a typo, while wolfing down a tooter fish sammich, or was that a Freudian slip

Magic Man?
"Shake & Bake"
"Now you see me, now you don't."

I've got to admit that the whole coronavirus thing is a nice respite from pure politics.

One thing we can both agree on, is if the government can screw this up, they will screw this up.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

its all a show man. Between SARS and the Ebola there were years where the exotic disease of the season was not putting enough fear into people. So now they put on a show with quarantines and stuff to make people more scared then they used to be.

By the time we get over this we will be afraid of some Amazonian bug the following season.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I honestly hope you're right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join