It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Ds of the US Government May Never Change, Regardless of Who is in Power

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is why children should be seen and not heard. It's difficult to have conversation between adults with the damn rugrat scurrying around acting like he or she has something Earth shattering to add to the conversation, only to end up clumsily fumbling through some factoid about Pokemon.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honestly?

It's about ideology.

In their mind, you have to agree, defend, support EVERYTHING that your party or party members say and do.

It's a leftist thing.

To openly disagree with some in an ideology you may share is seen as an anathema to them.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My hyper conspiracy side says

Hmmm, one side spouting health care for all needs to knock down the other side's incumbent President. Let's let loose a little virus and see if it kills the economy and the Presidents popularity, along with a few people that don't fit into the New Green Deal ethos. Let a few thousand Americans get sick and they will be begging for healthcare come November

In which case either Pompeo or Azar is a fox in the henhouse.

Not necessarily no doubt both are listening to the CDC based here in Atlanta and their respective staffs for input. If they trust the people beneath them they can be manipulated. Obviously a reach and complete speculation but you got to wonder how many Vindamin's are around.

I have to wonder why it seems like western countries are doing everything in their power to ensure their nation's get this pox while most of Asia and now Africa are treating it like they have the physical manifestation of Lucifer locked up in the town square and are going to build whatever ramparts are needed to prevent him ever getting out again. That's a massive dichotomy in responses and I still don't see any explanation for it that makes any sense.

Well, then there this Azar has ties to Big Pharma, the big Pharma that's no doubt working on a vaccine that millions of Americans may need if they keep doing snip like this.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That does seem like a very plausible concern.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You can't have a drug shortage and raise prices if there's no need for the drug.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

From Wikipedia FWIW BOLD my emphasis

In June 2007, Azar was hired by Eli Lilly and Company chief executive officer Sidney Taurel to be the company's top lobbyist and spokesman as its Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Communications.[7][19] Azar left the position after Barack Obama was elected as the company wanted a member of the Democratic Party to have the position.[7]

In April 2009, Azar became Vice President of Lilly's U.S. Managed Healthcare Services organization and its Puerto Rico affiliate.[20] In 2009, the company paid $1.415 billion to settle criminal charges regarding its promotion of antipsychotic drug Zyprexa (olanzapine) for off-label uses between 1999 and 2005.[19]

Effective January 1, 2012, Azar became President of Lilly USA, LLC, the largest division of Eli Lilly and Company, and was responsible for the company's entire operations in the United States.[20] Prices for drugs rose substantially under Azar's leadership.[21] In connection with the position, Azar served on the board of directors of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, a pharmaceutical lobby.[22]

In January 2017, Azar resigned from Eli Lilly.[23] He also resigned from the board of directors of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

From Wikipedia FWIW BOLD my emphasis

In June 2007, Azar was hired by Eli Lilly

www.koreabiomed.com...

Although a British artificial intelligence (AI) developer said Eli Lilly’s Olumiant (ingredient: baricitinib) could be effective in treating the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV), it is too early to use the drug for urgent patients, experts said.

Hmm...

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Seems like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum might be attached at the hip on this... I guess the question is which one of them proposed that attachment to cover their own ass?
cl.usembassy.gov...

We’ve worked swiftly to screen and safely receive American travelers returning from China

SMH

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Unfortunately, for the common worker, the government is the only solution for addressing the robber barons making everyone an economic slave. The words of FDR are more true today than when he spoke them in 1936:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

This anti-Government BS sentiment just prolongs our enslavement!

FDR put American citizens of Japanese descent in interment camps and took all their property and wealth.

FDR did the same Americans of German descent.

FDR took the step as President of taking 6 Germans and one American citizen and took them out of the Judicial process, had them tried by a secret military tribunal and had them all executed.

In 60 days.

I can see why you love FDR.

He was the epitome of what you crave... and all-powerful government.

What we actually need is a smaller less powerful government.

After all, the less power our government has, the more power the citizen has.

They are supposed to work for us... we are supposed to own them.

I wish you would just figure out that basic fact.

edit on 20-2-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

After all, the less power our government have, the more power the citizen has.

With a-holes on the map like N. Korea and Iran... a less powerful U.S. government would not be in our best interest.
It saved our ass.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Almost sounds like a plot to tank the economy !!!!

Lots of disloyal people instilled in government agencies 🤕

Was there a coup within the State Department? Pompeo's been missing for over a week.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
They could have sent a military jet to pick up those passengers. The passengers are getting a free flight, I do not think that they should have risked infecting others like that.

If the CDC would have said definitely no, the state department would have stopped that insane idea. They should not have started negotiating this, it can effect the health of the other passengers on the plane.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Unfortunately, for the common worker, the government is the only solution for addressing the robber barons making everyone an economic slave. The words of FDR are more true today than when he spoke them in 1936:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

This anti-Government BS sentiment just prolongs our enslavement!

FDR put American citizens of Japanese descent in interment camps and took all their property and wealth.

FDR did the same Americans of German descent.

FDR took the step as President of taking 6 Germans and one American citizen and took them out of the Judicial process, had them tried by a secret military tribunal and had them all executed.

In 60 days.

I can see why you love FDR.

He was the epitome of what you crave... and all-powerful government.

After all, the less power our government has, the more power the citizen has.

They are supposed to work for us... we are supposed to own them.

I wish you would just figure out that basic fact.

Recent events have made me consider the very distasteful possibility that we have gone past the point of no return.. and a majority of our citizens are too stupid and/or ignorant to safely govern themselves and recognize and individuals sovereignty of his own personal bubble. They cant follow simple instruction, think of their own comfort or needs first and only, and its just against the law to beat them with a stick when they overstep their bounds. We are unable to slap the hell out of someone who refuses to cover their mouth when they cough and God forbid we demand a person to quarantine when they have a highly infectious virus or disease. They gotta go to Walmart, dammit! Maybe they need an overlord to tell them when to breathe and when to stop whining and to feed them and tuck them in at night. Give them free yet slightly restricted internet access and a bed time. Top this off with all meals served to them. SUch a daycamp would really suit this moment in time. Not the camps like the Japanese Americans were put into..but cushy camps with pools, activities, and playgrounds. I mean with such luxury and every need catered to.. it would make the barbed wire almost invisible.

We could call it Bernieland.. or whomever they like as a majority and appoint this patsy boob to be the face of the daycamp. It will be a utopia Im sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

After all, the less power our government have, the more power the citizen has.

With a-holes on the map like N. Korea and Iran... a less powerful U.S. government would not be in our best interest.
It saved our ass.

I think you may have entirely missed the point.

One of the VERY few things that our Federal government actually has power over is the defense of our United States.

I'm quite fine with that.

THAT has nothing to do with the power they currently hold over our citizenry.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

We are entering Idiocracy my friend.

Let the social Darwinism begin!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Is that mug full of electrolytes?!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Is that mug full of electrolytes?!

As long as it's not water!

Cause water is from the toilet!

Let's go to a Starbucks and talk about it....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

No, I do not think I missed the point. Powerful Military and Powerful citizenry each have benefits and detractions. In this particular time frame, a powerful military was a good idea and worked out for our best interests.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
No matter what you think, a good leader never, ever, breaks the faith with the people he leads. Trump, aka the US government did the right thing. Bringing the US citizens home.

If you do not bring them home where do you take them... We have very extensive capabilities of bio control. I would rather they come here then sit someplace else in the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Recent events have made me consider the very distasteful possibility that we have gone past the point of no return.. and a majority of our citizens are too stupid and/or ignorant to safely govern themselves and recognize and individuals sovereignty of his own personal bubble.

Don't worry... There is enough of us Boomers left we can rebuild after everyone else is gone...never fear the Boomers got it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join