It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Ds of the US Government May Never Change, Regardless of Who is in Power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: dfnj2015

What public scrutiny? I mean that, seriously, what public scrutiny?

Get the "liberal" media to focus on massive death.

Last I checked, all of the media's scrutiny is presently on the pissing match that the Democratic debates and primaries have devolved into. Coverage and scrutiny of Trump seems quite low since the failed impeachment last month. It makes no sense to ponder this as a covering your ass move, as nobody is presently on the president's ass.

link   

originally posted by: face23785
Not just the United States government, but government in general.

According to my ex-military Republican friends a right wing authoritarian dictatorship is the best form of government. One with a STRONG leader. Everyone hates Congress. Everyone loves the military.

link   

Give that man a cookie.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Who in the State Department would allow such a thing to occur? I think whoever it was they should be fired. What do you think? Is this worth an investigation?

First I think we need to figure out exactly who authorized this. As I said above, the article is divergent on that issue, crediting both the State Department and HHS with the decision. I'd be surprised if it was Pompeo, I would not be surprised if it was Azar. Azar is not a trustworthy man.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
My hyper conspiracy side says

Hmmm, one side spouting health care for all needs to knock down the other side's incumbent President. Let's let loose a little virus and see if it kills the economy and the Presidents popularity, along with a few people that don't fit into the New Green Deal ethos. Let a few thousand Americans get sick and they will be begging for healthcare come November

In which case either Pompeo or Azar is a fox in the henhouse.

Not necessarily no doubt both are listening to the CDC based here in Atlanta and their respective staffs for input. If they trust the people beneath them they can be manipulated. Obviously a reach and complete speculation but you got to wonder how many Vindamin's are around.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Last I checked, all of the media's scrutiny is presently on the pissing match that the Democratic debates and primaries have devolved into. Coverage and scrutiny of Trump seems quite low since the failed impeachment last month. It makes no sense to ponder this as a covering your ass move, as nobody is presently on the president's ass.

Yeah, good point. The right-wing-Republican-media will say anything to prevent Bernie from winning the nomination!

But let's talk about the Trump State Department. Don't you think whoever made the decision to infect 200 non-infected people should be fired? It's almost bordering on attempted murder don't you think? Certainly seems to qualify as reckless endangerment. I think the DOJ needs to get involved. When incompetence becomes criminal justice needs to be served.

edit on 20-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

According to my ex-military Republican friends a right wing authoritarian dictatorship is the best form of government. One with a STRONG leader. Everyone hates Congress. Everyone loves the military.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

According to my ex-military Republican friends...

Translation: "I heard this on Rachel Maddow."

Fixed it for ya.
edit on 20 2 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I like your new avatar.

link   

So you heard this on Rachel Maddow?

She's not ex-military. I think she's a lesbian.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Dude, give him a break. It's not like he came to that conclusion himself.

link   

Hmmm, one side spouting health care for all needs to knock down the other side's incumbent President. Let's let loose a little virus and see if it kills the economy and the Presidents popularity, along with a few people that don't fit into the New Green Deal ethos. Let a few thousand Americans get sick and they will be begging for healthcare come November

Not necessarily no doubt both are listening to the CDC based here in Atlanta and their respective staffs for input. If they trust the people beneath them they can be manipulated. Obviously a reach and complete speculation but you got to wonder how many Vindamin's are around.

I have to wonder why it seems like western countries are doing everything in their power to ensure their nation's get this pox while most of Asia and now Africa are treating it like they have the physical manifestation of Lucifer locked up in the town square and are going to build whatever ramparts are needed to prevent him ever getting out again. That's a massive dichotomy in responses and I still don't see any explanation for it that makes any sense.

link   

Who in the State Department would allow such a thing to occur? I think whoever it was they should be fired. What do you think? Is this worth an investigation?

First I think we need to figure out exactly who authorized this. As I said above, the article is divergent on that issue, crediting both the State Department and HHS with the decision. I'd be surprised if it was Pompeo, I would not be surprised if it was Azar. Azar is not a trustworthy man.

I agree. Whoever authorized seems criminally liable in my opinion. You can't put 300 lives at risk of death and get away with it without consequence.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So you heard this on Rachel Maddow?

She's not ex-military. I think she's a lesbian.

I corrected it.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

...I'll take Things that are Militant for $200, Alex...

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I have to wonder why it seems like western countries are doing everything in their power to ensure their nation's get this pox while most of Asia and now Africa are treating it like they have the physical manifestation of Lucifer locked up in the town square and are going to build whatever ramparts are needed to prevent him ever getting out again. That's a massive dichotomy in responses and I still don't see any explanation for it that makes any sense.

Maybe the people in charge of government do not care much for the safety of the common citizen. Why bring "Lucifer" into the discussion. Can't we just save the discussion of Lucifer for the Democratic National Convention.

You Republicans are so funny. The Republican State Department does something amazingly bad for the 200 people involved and because they are Republicans they are given a pass. I think whoever is responsible is criminally liable for something. It's just irresponsible beyond imagination!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So because it's a Republican State Department putting lives at risk, potentially millions, it's okay with you?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You Republicans are so funny. The Republican State Department does something amazingly bad for the 200 people involved and because they are Republicans they are given a pass.

Did you even read the goddamned OP? Did it look like I was giving them a pass in any way? Did I leave you with that impression? I have been told I have the perception skills of an autistic, but even I was fairly sure nobody who read that would take away from it "He's willing to give the dumbasses who made this choice a pass."

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So because it's a Republican State Department putting lives at risk, potentially millions, it's okay with you?

...I'd have been OK with it had the 14 been placed in a hermetically sealed room with a 15th individual present, perhaps yourself even,,, running calesthenics, breathing deeply, sweating, sharing a towel... perhaps a single water vessel to ensure full exposure... that's about the only way the word "okay" could possibly fit into the way I feel about this news item.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, when I suggested throat-punching the idiot who did this, he could have seen it as "whataboutism".

Or ree.

Either/Or.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join