It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Ds of the US Government May Never Change, Regardless of Who is in Power

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dumb, Dysfunctional, Dyspeptic... never have three D words fit an organization consistently as closely as those three Ds have fit the United States government for many decades. Hell, let's add some more Ds based off of today's news report... DipSNIPs, Dickish, Dangerous, Disagreeable, Dissatisfying, Doghouse, and Deep Doo Doo if this latest example of rampant stupidity goes heels to Jesus...
14 Known Coronavirus infected Flown by US State Department In Plane with 300 Healthy Passengers

The 14 coronavirus-stricken Americans evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan were flown back to the US on a plane full of healthy people against advice from the CDC, a report said Thursday.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials argued the 14 infected Diamond Princess passengers shouldn’t be flown back with the about 300 virus-free people — but ultimately lost the battle to the US State Department, according to The Washington Post.

“It was like the worst nightmare,” an anonymous senior U.S. official involved in the decision told the paper.

“Quite frankly, the alternative could have been pulling grandma out in the pouring rain, and that would have been bad, too.”

Test results had found that the 14 passengers were infected prior to boarding planes to the US on Monday.

WTF you insipid morons?

The State Department had vowed that no one with the infection would be allowed on — but then urged health officials to let the sick, yet symptom-free, passengers board, the paper reported.

LYING BASTARDS!!!

The CDC worried about infection control aboard the planes. Principal deputy director Anne Schuchat wrote to the State Dept. that the stricken passengers would pose “an increased risk to the other passengers,” according to the report.

But officials with the Department of Health and Human Services and the coronavirus task force pushed back, arguing that they had been prepared to handle passengers who might develop symptoms on the flights.

Never thought the CDC would be the most logical adult in the room, yet here we are...

The two Boeing 747s had 18 seats cordoned-off with 10-foot-high plastic on all sides

Well that's reassuring! Did those within the 10' high plastic sheeted seats breathe during the flight? I ask that because the air circulators on a passenger plane move air all around that plane, so I somehow don't think some sheets of plastic in a close quarter environment with circulating air will do JACK SQUAT!!!

Good God, I think it might be time for the President to torpedo Alex Azar so he can go back to gouging diabetics on insulin prices and at least limit the scope of his screwing of people's health for a change. Oh hey, another d-word I missed in the intro comes to mind...

DEBACLE

That's what this is, a damned debacle. It's almost like they want the nation infested with this China Pox crap.

edit on 20-2-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

edit on 2020 2 20 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Almost sounds like a plot to tank the economy !!!!

Lots of disloyal people instilled in government agencies 🤕

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No matter what you think, a good leader never, ever, breaks the faith with the people he leads. Trump, aka the US government did the right thing. Bringing the US citizens home.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Almost sounds like a plot to tank the economy !!!!

Lots of disloyal people instilled in government agencies 🤕

The article has a discrepancy or at least something that needs clarifying in it. The first paragraph, the CDC blames the State Department, but later they say the approval came from HHS. I'd like to know which gave this idiocy their blessing. Either Pompeo's head deserves to roll for this ridiculousness or Azar's does.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No matter what you think, a good leader never, ever, breaks the faith with the people he leads. Trump, aka the US government did the right thing. Bringing the US citizens home.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My hyper conspiracy side says

Hmmm, one side spouting health care for all needs to knock down the other side's incumbent President. Let's let loose a little virus and see if it kills the economy and the Presidents popularity, along with a few people that don't fit into the New Green Deal ethos. Let a few thousand Americans get sick and they will be begging for healthcare come November

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

bullsnit. This has nothing to do with President Trump at this point, do not make me draw him into this because you'll not like the way that goes, I promise you that. A good leader (and I am using that term to incorporate the Secretaries of HHS and the State Department as "leaders") makes tough decisions that often hold the needs of the many above the needs of the few. In essence, that's the crux of the fight against socialized health care, isn't it? We're not going to castrate the economic freedom of the many (majority with health insurance) to provide for the few (minority without). We do not remove firearm rights from the law abiding citizens (the majority) to keep them from the hands of the minority of asshats who cannot behave themselves. I support those ideals, by the same token we shouldn't be placing the comforts and placations of the few Americans who have been infected on foreign soil over the security of the many who have remained on US soil and remained free of this plague.

If it boils down to this having been a decision that came straight from the President, guess what? In my view he would done exactly what you say good leaders never do, broken faith with the majority stateside who look to him to make tough decisions, INCLUDING telling these people "No, sorry, you cannot return to the US right now because you are quarantined and carrying a disease that poses a threat to the entire US population." That's a tough decision, but it is absolutely within his power to make it and there is no legal mandate that the United States return these people to the US until their quarantine is up AND their health is tested clear.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
My hyper conspiracy side says

Hmmm, one side spouting health care for all needs to knock down the other side's incumbent President. Let's let loose a little virus and see if it kills the economy and the Presidents popularity, along with a few people that don't fit into the New Green Deal ethos. Let a few thousand Americans get sick and they will be begging for healthcare come November

In which case either Pompeo or Azar is a fox in the henhouse.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As a leader, a director, a person with responsibility, maturity, understanding, gravitas, seriousness, and respect I would only suggest that the brain-dead, inbred, mouth-breathing moron who suggested this (probably with the idea of cost savings) be throat-punched repeatedly.

This is about as smart of an idea as crapping in both hands then clapping.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Ah , maybe make that the " 4 D's "

Duplicitous ......

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Deceitful as well, considering the State Department vowed not to fly anyone testing positive with healthy passengers.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Unfortunately, for the common worker, the government is the only solution for addressing the robber barons making everyone an economic slave. The words of FDR are more true today than when he spoke them in 1936:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

This anti-Government BS sentiment just prolongs our enslavement!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wrong thread, wrong time, man. Poking that stick through this fence is a good way to pull back a bloody nub. I am neither a slave nor am I looking towards government to do a goddamned thing for me... that's the difference between you and me, I want left TF alone, a government that neither helps me nor hinders me... you want a government that coddles and breast feeds you like you were a helpless child.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
14 Known Coronavirus infected Flown by US State Department In Plane with 300 Healthy Passengers

The 14 coronavirus-stricken Americans evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan were flown back to the US on a plane full of healthy people against advice from the CDC, a report said Thursday.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials argued the 14 infected Diamond Princess passengers shouldn’t be flown back with the about 300 virus-free people — but ultimately lost the battle to the US State Department, according to The Washington Post.

The Trump state department is run by a bunch of incompetent a holes!! Oh wait, we love Trump! Nevermind!

Maybe the Trump state department was purposely trying to spread the disease in order to take public scrutiny off of the president. This would be kind of like what Clinton did in Serbia. A little wag the dog action!

edit on 20-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

What public scrutiny? I mean that, seriously, what public scrutiny?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Get the "liberal" media to focus on massive death.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not just the United States government, but government in general.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Who in the State Department would allow such a thing to occur? I think whoever it was they should be fired. What do you think? Is this worth an investigation?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join