It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret FBI Report: Al'Qaeda may not be a threat after all.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
This means acts such as Patriot, Patriot II, and Homeland Security have either been extremely effective, extremely ineffective, or completely unneccesary. Is Al'Qaeda simply well hidden, or well stomped?

Of course it was unnecessary, Bush just wants to use US military force to take over the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
>Of course it was unnecessary, Bush just wants to use US military force to take over the Middle East.

this is becoming more and more obvious!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was listening to the news last night and well, maybe it was a story about this.....
if I remember it right, one of these "terrorists" that they have caught was a saudi military person who was found to be giving sensitive information onto al quada.....then the story went on to say just how many of these saudis we train here in america.....

I am sorry, but well, why have two patriot acts, and all the other crap, if your just gonna bring them here to our country to train them anyways?

was there ever really a threat, I can't help wondering.
it was a few saudis that flew in here on passenger jets, that were trained in our schools to fly these jets, who bought the cheap little box cutters at their local discount stores...
and well, if there was such a danger, shouldn't we have been at least training these saudi military personel somewhere else, if not at all???

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, for some reason people feel better grouping things into nice neat categories and colors.

Say you've got a pollution level orange alert for the day. What does that tell you that will make a difference in your life? Maybe use some allergy medicine? Say it's a purple alert... is that worse? Is it better? Do I care? (it's worse, by the way).

The point isn't realy to give people a good idea of what it means, it is so that people can nod and say "Oh, it's a red pollution day, that explains a lot". And then they get on with their life, because it's nicely packaged, organized, and categorized into one succinct word. Red. Now if instead, the news said "Children, active adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor exertion; everyone else should limit prolonged outdoor exertion, hazardous particulates are in the air, and could damage your health", how much worse would people react?

The same pretty much goes for terrorist threat levels. How many people do you actually know who know the system? Is blue better than green? Is yellow better than blue? Few care enough to bother, they just keep in mind that it's an orange alert day, so getting through to their plane may take an extra hour. It's a nice, packaged threat level safely encapsuled in one simple word, and people feel safer for it, or less interested in finding out more.

I wonder if this is ingrained into us by TV station tests (the color bars and long tone) as a subliminal message. No? Probably just human nature then...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is something I will never understand.

Of course Al-Qaeda's not a threat. You know why???

OUR GOVT FUNDED AL-QAEDA!!! Goddamn, why doesn't anyone know this? Is this because most people accept the mainstream media as real news? $hit!!!

Bin Laden was a CIA asset. There's NO debating that!! Don't believe me, I know. Then please tell me why his CIA name is Tim Osmond??? You people who suck up the govt's lies are so naive.

They have Operation Northwoods. They have PNAC documents. Goddamn, wake up people!!!

And no, I am not anti-US. It's not our govt that's truly calling the shots. It's bigwigs from the Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commision, and the CFR. Look, THEY decided to postpone the Iraq invasion until 2003. Why is it so hard to understand that a handful of superrich people want to take over the world???

Ah, fock it. I'm done talking to you gullible clowns.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think this article, which has three pages, should be read in its entirity before drawing any conclusions.

This is I think the most interesting component:

New Al Qaeda Recruits

The report also says al Qaeda is shifting tactics because its leaders are aware of profiles singling out adult Arab males.

"Al-Qa'ida places a premium on operatives who are not, or at least appear not to be, Arab, particularly those with European or Asian features, according to various detainee reporting," the report reads. "Detainees also report that al-Qa'ida is interested in recruiting US citizens to participate in US operations, particularly African-American converts to Islam."

But the report continues that "US recruits are hard to find and al-Qa'ida detainees have reported that US citizens can be difficult to work with, one senior detainee claimed that US citizens and others who grew up in the West, were too independent and thought they knew more about US operations than senior planners."

In addition, women and married couples with children are being actively recruited, according to the report.

"A senior al-Qa'ida detainee instructed an operative who is currently in US custody, to settle in the United States with his family and maintain a low profile before eventually conducting an attack," the report reads. "Al-Qa'ida operatives have also married US women to obtain US visas and foreign documentation from other countries, according to sensitive reporting."

[...]

The FBI says it takes no solace in the lack of evidence, or about what it is not seeing.

"Individual operatives who possess a clean passport, have not come to the attention of intelligence agencies overseas, and lack a criminal record are unlikely to attract the attention of security agencies in the United States, unless they are in contact with known extremists," according to the report. "Al-Qa'ida has altered its operative profile, making it more difficult to screen visa applicants at embassies and individuals entering the United States at airports and other border crossings."

And the report suggests that instead of actual sleeper agents, lying in wait, al Qaeda may rely on disaffected Americans or other sympathizers, who might pick easier, softer targets such as shopping malls.

Clarke warned, "We have reason to believe that techniques like that and others we shouldn't talk about are well known to terrorists around the world."

[edit on 05/3/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Why is it so hard to understand that a handful of superrich people want to take over the world???

Ah, fock it. I'm done talking to you gullible clowns.

I'm just grasping at straws here, but I'm going to guess it's because all you did was throw out a bunch of accusations with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

I can do the same thing. Watch:

9/11 was actually caused by a rampant A.I.!!! How can you deny that! It took over the flight controls by transmitting a virus through the VOR system and then crashed them into their targets. Then it manipulated the flight records to tie everything to a mythical group called Al'Qaeda. The A.I. did it because it was in league with the Grays, to fight the Evil Lizardmen and Psychic Vampires for control of Atlantis! How can you not believe this, when I just said it was true!!!

Show me some evidence, then I'll give your radical statements more consideration. Until then, I'm sticking with that A.I. story I just made up.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

i wonder who founded those sleeper cells?
and where are they "in place"?
and how much really means "several"?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Souljah]

I think they generally use the term several when they don't know and the the phrase in place when they don't know where. Or they just don't want to let the terrorists know that they know.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now RANT... I was being sincere. But nevermind.

Back to the subject at hand ...
IF Al-Qaeda isn't a threat, then it's because
of the measures we have taken. That's my
belief and I'll leave that as my final word.
I'm outta' here. *sigh*

[edit on 3/10/2005 by FlyersFan]

Similarly, due to my diligence and vigilance, none of my neighbours houses or cars have been broken into or vandalised by the dark forces that lurk at the fringes of our town and, possibly, among us.
I can't elaborate on this or provide details for security reasons as to do so would compromise my sources. My neighbours will just have to take my word for it and heap praise on me for protecting them and their property.

Or perhaps the threat never existed in the first place, but they'll never know

It's such an easy game to play. Just that the government plays it on a much grander scale and takes peoples hard earned money to pay for all the "required" measures to protect the people from the imagined threat.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
It's such an easy game to play. Just that the government plays it on a much grander scale and takes peoples hard earned money to pay for all the "required" measures to protect the people from the imagined threat.

I'm reminded of a joke called the "fastest gun in the west". Basically, a cowboy walks into a bar and claims he's the fastest gun in the west, and when a young gunner tells him prove it, the cowboy stands there for a moment and says "Ready? There. See?"

To which the young gunner, rightly so, says "You didn't do anything."

The cowboy responds, casually "I just drew my gun, pointed it at you, and reholstered it. Didn't you see?"

The young gunner grins, laughs, and calls "bull__" on the cowboy. The cowboy shrugs, completely self-assured. So the young gunner challenges him to a duel, but is a bit nervous at the cowboy's confidence. The two head out to the street, and wait for the clock to strike high noon. The young gunner gets more and more nervous, anxiety building as the clock ticks down, while the cowboy just stands, smoking a cigarette, looking bored. As the last few seconds tick down, the young gunner's pulse is pounding, palms are sweaty, and his face is white as a sheet.

Finally, the minute hand strikes twelve and the bell on the tower is so loud, it sends the young gunner over the edge. He clutches his chest and drop dead from a heart attack, right in front of everyone, before he ever touches his gun.

The cowboy tosses his cigarette to the ground, crushes it out with his boot, and with a slow, bored drawl, says "toldja so."

[edit on 3/12/2005 by thelibra]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Back to the subject - The FBI must not have asked the cops
in the UK what they thought and what they knew. If they had,
they would have read this ...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I don't think there's much coincidence that we're heading into an election here in the UK then this news surfaces?

Sorry, off topic - just thinking out loud.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join