It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush compared to Hitler: New Article

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

bush has been dealt a crap hand and is doing the best he can with it. in my oppion he has done a dam fine job.

This is your own opinion. I personelly think the only president to date to have done as bad of a job as Bush is Nixon. IMO, there has never been a worse president.

And you show how little you know of politics. Scandal aside, Nixon was a GREAT president. He is almost universally excepted as one of the brightest presidents in US history.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
]

And you show how little you know of politics. Scandal aside, Nixon was a GREAT president. He is almost universally excepted as one of the brightest presidents in US history.

And this shows your supurb ability at assumption.........

The Scandal is what I was refering to. Being considered an intelligent president does not make one a successful president.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I think that any comparison of Bush to Hitler is a total waste of time, and really it was written to get a reaction, a heated reaction. There really is no point reading this article unless you have 15 minutes to waste.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I agree with jawapunk, this was quite a waste of time, as the writer of this post origionally stated.
[edit on 15-3-2005 by Tom Sawyer]

Sorry, for the numourous edits,

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The Scandal is what I was refering to. Being considered an intelligent president does not make one a successful president.

Scandal does not make a president bad.

Was Clinton a bad president because he got head? No (he was bad because of his actions as president).

Why don't you elaborate on how poorly Nixon performed in visits to Moscow and Beijing in 1972?

What about his summit meetings with Leonid Brezhnev?

What about negotiating an end to the fighting between Isreal, Egypt, and Syria?

The fact is that his acts as President WERE good.

If scandal makes a bad president, then JFK and Clinton should join him as our worst.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
People killed because of Hitler:
Jews - Between 4,778,677 and 6,017,760
Others (handicaps, Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Poles, Soviet prisoners of war, political dissidents, etc.) - ~ 5,000,000
Total - ~11,000,000 (some estimates as high as 26,000,000)
With millions more tortured.

Why?: ....failure to fall into the "Aryan" ideal....

People killed in Iraq/Afghan war:
Total - >20,000

Why?: War on terror, and removing dictator (which should have been done a little over 10 years ago with when deaths would have been much less).

I'm sorry, there's no comparison.

You forgot to mention that bush hasnt got a little moustache....bush wife name is laura adolf his wife eva....lollololol...real american logic.
There are alot of comparisens in how have total disrespect for humans and the law,no u r right not EVERYTHING is the comparible, alot is.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Oh no?
Read this little quote.

It's been three decades since President Richard M. Nixon was taped in the White House delivering anti-Semetic rants on how Jews are the scourge of our nation, why we should nuke Vietnam and how that infamous photo of a naked, 9-year-old girl fleeing a napalm attack was actually a fake.

www.thenation.com...

Tell you what. Let me give you a few links.

watergate.info...
www.totse.com...
www.totse.com...
www.geocities.com...

Now do some reading and then come back and try to tell me he was a good president.

BTW, you should check out who was really responsible for all his policy changes. You might be suprised.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Was Clinton a bad president because he got head? No (he was bad because of his actions as president).

Why don't you elaborate on how poorly Nixon performed in visits to Moscow and Beijing in 1972?

The problem is defining "scandal".
BTW Clinton was not prosecuted for cheating on his wife, or for having sex with that ugly, fat, chick. He was prosecuted for possibly lying during his trial. If he had said "Yep, I had sex with that [ugly fat chick then he still would not've been automatically guilty".

Next, nowhere in the constitution, or any law, does it say if a politician cheats on his wife, he must instantly lose his job. For example, Roosevelt kept [I]both
his wife and mistress in the white house! There's even a famous picture of both of them sitting on the same couch (at opposite ends of it heheheh.)
The Republican Rudy Guiliani for a long time ran around in public with his girlfriend, while still married to his wife. He even had fotos taken on purpose of him and his girlfriend/mistress, while he was still married, put on the front page of newspapers!

Next, it IS automatically illegal to be part of a criminal operation. Nixion was part of the breaking and entering operation done on Democratic offices at the Watergate Hotel.

"Scandal" is too soft a term. Breaking the Law is the term that should be used!
Did Clinton break the law? Did Nixon break the law?
There's more! There's differnet levels of crime. Just like a shoplifing is a crime, but a different level than robbing a bank, stealing a car, or killing.
What Nixen did was 1 million percent more serious than what Clinton did.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Clinton.. was prosecuted for possibly lying during his trial.

Slight correction.. Clinton was impeached in the US House for perjury, lying under oath (to a grand jury). The senate then acquitted him.

Next, it IS automatically illegal to be part of a criminal operation. Nixion was part of the breaking and entering operation done on Democratic offices at the Watergate Hotel.

Nixon was guilty of covering up the break-in. Had he come clean on the operation and those responsible for it, he could have salvaged his presidency. However, back in those days, the honorable thing to do was resign (as presidential-wanna-be Gary Hart did in the '80's).

President Nixon is considered to be one of the most gifted politicians/presidents of the 20th-century. He was certainly brilliant in the realm of foreign policy and considered somewhat liberal in his domestic policies.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Odd

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
anybody that hates Nixon solely because of Watergate and preaches resistance to being influenced by mass media is either schizophrenic, dumb, or Kidfinger.

(sometimes they are all three.)

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
anybody that hates Nixon solely because of Watergate and preaches resistance to being influenced by mass media is either schizophrenic, dumb, or Kidfinger.

No need to get like that! My liberal friend Kidfinger is idealistic, not dumb. To resist the influence of today's mass media is to be intelligent and independent. We need far more of that.

Odd

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
i apologize, that was a bit of an overstatement.

however, i find that idealism only works on paper and in the movies. in the real world, you're a lot better off with adamant pessimism and a pair of quality wool socks.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
i apologize, that was a bit of an overstatement.

however, i find that idealism only works on paper and in the movies. in the real world, you're a lot better off with adamant pessimism and a pair of quality wool socks.

Hey, I'm all for WOOL SOCKS!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd

(sometimes they are all three.)

Nice.

So I see you are one of those who trash others opinions when they dont mesh with your own..................

Try opening your eyes and actually reading the links I gave instead of opening your mouth before you think.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

HAHA! Compare him to Stalin all you want. He isnt president. But, by comparing Kerry to Stalin, you are accepting the comparison of Bush to Hitler. Bush, who happens to be the president (not Kerry) is who the thread is about. But, since you want to make other obviouse comparisons.........

You completely missed my point, which is called "irony".

My point is also that my few words about Kerry = Stalin used more logic and brainpower than all the ATS threads about Bush and Hitler combined.

I dunno man, kidfingers rebuttal of you point made use of significantly more "logic and brainpower" than your post did, IMO. Bush is president, Kerry is nobody. Nuff said.

Stating how smart you think you are won't change anything really, but is a typical response. As is trying to talk down to people while roleplaying "teacher".

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nixon: mastermind of massacres at Kent State and Jackson State. Yes, it was him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join