It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush compared to Hitler: New Article

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Okay, I know this has been discussed numerous times on this board but I found this article that is supposedly new that compares Bush to Hitler. It makes alot of sense and is IMO a really good article.

Senator Byrd is correct to equate Bush with Hitler
March 7, 2005

The U.S. Senate's senior Constitutional scholar has correctly equated Bush with Hitler, and the usual attack dogs are howling. But they are wrong, and Americans must now face the harsh realities of an increasingly fascist and totalitarian GOP.

Octogenarian Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia made the equation in the context of Bush's attack on Senate procedures which might slow or halt his on-going attempt to pack the courts with extreme right-wing fanatics. Byrd said Bush's moves to destroy time-honored Senate rules parallel Hitler's ramming fascist legislation through his gutted Reichstag. "Hitler never abandoned the cloak of legality," said Byrd. "He recognized the enormous psychological value of having the law on his side. Instead, he turned the law inside out and made illegality legal."

Anti-Defamation League Director Abraham Foxman has played the holocaust card for the Republicans, saying "It is hideous, outrageous and offensive for Senator Byrd to suggest that the Republican Party's tactics could in any way resemble those of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party.

FULL STORY

I like what the writer has to say in this article it points out alot of interesting things. For example when Bush is trying to push for a one party leadership, I find this to be true. Hitler did the same. Did he not?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
People killed because of Hitler:
Jews - Between 4,778,677 and 6,017,760
Others (handicaps, Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Poles, Soviet prisoners of war, political dissidents, etc.) - ~ 5,000,000
Total - ~11,000,000 (some estimates as high as 26,000,000)
With millions more tortured.

Why?: ....failure to fall into the "Aryan" ideal....

People killed in Iraq/Afghan war:
Total - >20,000

Why?: War on terror, and removing dictator (which should have been done a little over 10 years ago with when deaths would have been much less).

I'm sorry, there's no comparison.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't think that we are comparing how many people these leaders kill, we are comparing their ways of politically thinking. i say that there is no comparison for a different reason. Hitler was a genius and, do i even need to say:
Bush isnt.
Yep, no comparison.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

People killed in Iraq/Afghan war:
Total - >20,000

You are just talking about the Iraqi casualties there.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

Now you need to add in the US count,
between 5400 and 5700
www.iraqbodycount.net...

Now you add up all the other countries who have lost troops due to the war............

See my point? Many more were affected than just our US military. Members from MANY nations have died in these conflicts. THe estimates are not quite in the millions, but are definatly not in the low 20 thousands. More like 50 to 80 thousand total as an estimate.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's very appropriate to have this in the political conspiracies forum. One of two things is happening with this, either memory of just how bad Hitler was is starting to fade from the collective conscience of people, or there is a movement to lessen the atrocities of Hitler by comparing him to world leaders of today.

Personally, I think it's either of those, though. I think the left is trying to attack Bush using the most heinous card they have, the "he's just like Hitler" card, while ignoring the complete disrespect and demeaning of all those soldiers who served in WWII and all the people who were murdered by Adolf Hitler. Small little world of "me only" mentalities seem to be reigning supreme here in America. The ends justify the means now, but only if the means furthers the elite's agenda. You decide who the elite is. I can tell you, though, that I know who you think it is if you can listen to NPR and think it's unbiased, and I know who you think it is if you watch Fox News and think it's unbiased.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ok, so maybe we are comparing deaths. Well, in that case, i have something to say.
Hitler killed millions of people systematically. Many of them were civilians.
Bush isn't systematically killing people. Bush took us to war, and even though his intentions and methods are questionable, he shouldn't be compared to Hitler.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nobody is comparing death counts but us. Stop.

Byrd and several other's have compared the legality issues and vertical consolidation of power from the Neo-GOP to Fascism. In the unfortunate use of analogy to explain fascism to our sound byte minds as being like Hitler comes the only prospect for denial.

Think about it though. Everything now is an appeal to the law or illegality of this or that. SCOTUS outside the law! Torture is inside the law! We'll change this law or that law to attack unethical Dems but protect Tom DeLay, to attack PAC's, but protect favorable corporate media mergers, to evade international law by going to Congress, on and on. And the key to making a one party government is critical as Bush looks to the dying benches of the third branch to fill with partisan hacks and children of the faithful as he did his whole first term.

It's a dynasty in the making. Perhaps not like Hitler, but think of a better analogy for a news bite if you can.

My grandfather (WWII POW) sees it. Guantanamo and Abu Gharib freak him out. I'd suggest the young buck neo-cons take their own advice and remember or at least look into it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Any time someone compares Bush to Hitler I just shake my head in disgust.

There is NO comparison. Hitler was one of the 5 most evil men in the history of humanity. Think about that.

Bush may have very controversial policies, but you can not call him evil.

To compare Bush to Hitler is to either show you are stupid, ignorant, or completely and utterly biased to the point of being stupid. Unfortunately, many people here are to smart and well educated to fall under either of the first two, so they must fall under the latter. Very sad indeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I definitely think that Hitler was on a much larger scale-but Bush however isn't far behind with all of the innocent deaths in Iraq. Seems more like we're in Vietnam right now than WWII.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm smart enough to see that it looks like Bush or one of his close cronies read about how Hitler attained power and now at times try to apply those same principals in their approach to governing this country.

No Bush may not be truly evil, I don't know the man, but it sure looks like he especially likes the way that Hitler used propaganda to gain control for himself and his party.

The similarity is not between Hitler's and Bush's personality, but in how they both grasped power. I will admit that Bush's is a more subtle approach in some ways though.

And I will compare him to Hitler if I wish...it's a free country...for now, I guess???

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What about all the innocent deaths at our world trade center?
What about all the innocent deaths in Kurdish territories that saddam murdered?????

So what???, America isn't allowed to defend itself and are considered the devil when we try to fight back?? Some of you consider bush a Hitler because we removed a few terrorist supporting regimes that broke international law for decades. .......OK show me a country where Bush has invaded for spite of conquering. The US is not an Empire!!! We never have been!!!!......So why compare bush to hitler?? Its becaues some of you fail to understand or even care about the innocent people these terrorists murdered, and you only see one side. Why would some of you care? Your country might never have been attacked. Maybe you just don't give a rip that some other countries lost families, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers. Its called a war against terrorism, sometimes innocent people unfortunately die while for the greater cause of fighting against these terrorist. ........just ticks me off that some can compare bush with hitler....... simply rediculous!!! irrational!!! and biased!!!!

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These threads are disgusting.

BTW, I'm comparing Kerry to Stalin based accounts showing them to be equally bloodthirsty. True, Stalin killed (or caused to be killed) millions and Kerry only chased down and shot a wounded Vietnamese in the back. But, based on that action, think of how many Kerry personally might have killed and been responsible for with the power of the U.S. presidency behind him?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
These threads are disgusting.

BTW, I'm comparing Kerry to Stalin based accounts showing them to be equally bloodthirsty. True, Stalin killed (or caused to be killed) millions and Kerry only chased down and shot a wounded Vietnamese in the back. But, based on that action, think of how many Kerry personally might have killed and been responsible for with the power of the U.S. presidency behind him?

HAHA! Compare him to Stalin all you want. He isnt president. But, by comparing Kerry to Stalin, you are accepting the comparison of Bush to Hitler. Bush, who happens to be the president (not Kerry) is who the thread is about. But, since you want to make other obviouse comparisons.........

I want to start a new comparison. How about Condi is comparable to Hessler, Hitlers right hand man........................

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

HAHA! Compare him to Stalin all you want. He isnt president. But, by comparing Kerry to Stalin, you are accepting the comparison of Bush to Hitler. Bush, who happens to be the president (not Kerry) is who the thread is about. But, since you want to make other obviouse comparisons.........

You completely missed my point, which is called "irony".

My point is also that my few words about Kerry = Stalin used more logic and brainpower than all the ATS threads about Bush and Hitler combined.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You completely missed my point, which is called "irony".

The inept attempt at irony did not go unnoticed. Still does not affect my previous statement.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm amazed how folks can take an evil, twisted phenomenon like the Hitler and make comparisons to someone like Bush, etc. etc. Seems to me like that is simply to bait and hassle his supporters.

Bush and his government are not evil. They are, instead, a result of the what "We, the People" have become in the past 60+ years since WWII. You can laugh at Bush. You can hate Bush and his cronies. You may revile him in your mind and heart to the point of hatred, but he is the direct outcome of what we have become. For better or worse, he representative of us, as a culture.

If you want something better, then you need to get off your collective duffs, get out from behind the keyboards and begin to get actively involved in working for change. there's an old acronym in data processing that is used to describe inanity, or just plain lazy ineptitude. PEBCAK ... Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard. Or as Pogo, an old comic strip character, once said, "We has met the enemy and he is us"!

We were left with two, less than stellar, options for Presidential candidacy last election. Many of us sat around and decried Bush and his hooligans vs. Kerry and his hooligans. Some of us saw that there was really no marked difference in the two, save for political afiliation. But most of us did not do much more than sit around the keyboards and type in vituperation.

Ya gotta get past the invective. Ya gotta quit baiting each other with inflammatory Bull-Dada. Ya gotta work for change. It's not easy, and most folks can't be bothered, other than to complain when it, finally, affects them personally. By then it's too late. If you want change.... If you don't like Bush then get busy now, and begin to work on a new shape of the future. It isn't easy! But, it's the tools that our fathers left us to work political change.

I find the emotional attempt to compare Bush to Hitler is irrelevent, laughable, and usually made by people who have no real inkling of just how evil that real evil can be. Someone doing something you don't like doesn't make them evil. It only makes them free to get out and impose their vision and will, because we, collectively, do nothing to change the outcome.

I'm nobody, but I find this discussion trivial and probably a real waste of space. I've done my share of that here, as well, and for that I apologize.
I just find it sad when so many very smart, and otherwise, impressive people lose sight of the actual goals and outcomes and sink to this sort of flummery.

Hitler? Bah! Bush isn't an evil pimple on the butt of true evil.

Edited to spell "very" correctly...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Finally someone with some rational thinking.

Nice post SIGUNG. You said it a little more elegantly than i did.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What a joke
How stupid are some people? Did you not leearn about the halocost in history? Did they not teach you about Hitler? There is NO comparison... PERIOD! To make any feeble-minded attempt to create one simply shows one's own partisan ignorance.

Also, coming from Senator Byrd, the former Grand Kleagle of the Klu Klux Klan
... Yeah, he should know a thing or two about Hitler as the KKK is the closest thing to the Nazi's to ever take a foothold in the States. What a JOKE!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The proper comparison is with Hitler in about 1937 or so. Before much of the horror truly began.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
What a joke
How stupid are some people? Did you not leearn about the halocost in history? Did they not teach you about Hitler? There is NO comparison... PERIOD! To make any feeble-minded attempt to create one simply shows one's own partisan ignorance.

Also, coming from Senator Byrd, the former Grand Kleagle of the Klu Klux Klan
... Yeah, he should know a thing or two about Hitler as the KKK is the closest thing to the Nazi's to ever take a foothold in the States. What a JOKE!

I cant take this crap anymore. Do you neo con's read anything? And you call us stupid???? They are comparing the tactics used to come to power, not the actual methods of extermination!!! What is so frigging hard to realize about that?!?!? Obviously we don' t have concentration camps slaughtering Iraqi's by the millions, but the methods used by this administration mirrors those of Hitler. They are changing the very definition of words and ideas to fit their agenda and change the laws to say it is ok for them to do so, and not ok for anyone or anything to question it. Hitler came to power with a country drunk on patriotism. Many Germans looked the other way while Hitler quietly manipulated key elements to do everything they wanted to do. Think there is nothing to compare?? I can search through this very website and find numerous posts of people who would support nuking the entire middle east for our "self defense" because of 911, well if that ever happened, it would make Hitler & the Nazi regime look like strawberry shortcake....

[edit on 10-3-2005 by LogansRun]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join