It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist act in Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

The reason I call him paranoid is not the vid, but according to msm he was convinced cia like groups were after him.

call it terrorism or something else, something triggered him. There is not a source left online that shows him expressing racism or extreme views, that is what the media is saying.

and yes, I'm aware that the fact he killed mostly Muslims is a huge clue....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Peeple
Shooting 10 innocent people is not a right wing or left wing act, it was an act of terror .

Dude was crazy...

Screaming in peoples faces isn't left wing either it's crazy people, however......

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The idea of cultural replacement is not 100 years old, an entire Thirty Years War was fought in Germany on the basis of cultural replacement, people have been fighting wars for ever on the basis of cultural and ethnic competition, it is not a Right Wing phenomena but deep rooted in the human condition, of course that can be manipulated by politicians.

To suggest it is wrong for people to feel threatened by mass immigration and competing religious groups in Germany is simply inhuman on your part, you fail to understand people or take their self interests into account entirely, history insists those threats are very real and it is disingenuous to ignore them, ridiculing and marginalizing people that have such fears is not going to help, only accelerate confrontation through limiting means of resolution.

There is also an implied superiority in the position that you adopt in terms of being above such concerns which is false as you are directly involved with the generation of polemics and confrontation with a perceived otherness, your display of ingroup preference is strongly pronounced and adversarial, thus you are as much a part of the problem as anyone and arguably more so in terms of constant agitation.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

His fears probably weren't unfounded if he was thinking wrong think in Germany, i think overall he simply hasn't handled them well, rationalized and contextualized them, not everyone is capable of doing so, but i don't blame him for having fears.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

It goes back to France, Maurice Barrés 1886 so you're right it's actually older.

Socio-psychologically speaking the perceived threat is nothing more than cultural change, which isn't new either, an ongoing process for all eternity.
It's just a matter of perception you can see the Turks in Vienna as catastrophy or be grateful for the coffee.
I'm not easily scared, but you might be right that those timid people feel the threats are real. What am I supposed to do about that? Give you a blanket and a cookie?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Very few of these things would be happening if the MSM wasn’t creating false narratives and pushing agendas that create cognitive dissonance in people. If people would shut off the television and simply enjoy their family, friends and neighbors they wouldn’t become so enraged by the news telling them how bad things are all the time when frankly they are not. This is an amazing time to be alive.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

a reply to: oloufo

Soooo... you DON'T think he was mentally ill?

Sounds like he killed Muslims because he thought the devil-worshipping child murderers were all 1,000's of miles away in bunkers.

Doesn't sound mentally stable to me.

Shame you brought politics into it when people have died because a mental illness went untreated and festered for so long. Nobody is going to come in here saying 'but the left!'. That's an old trope that gets rolled out all the time, but it's not the norm.

in my eyes neo-nazis, extremists, radicals etc. are all mentally ill in a way. that just doesn't excuse anything. we have to try to understand what makes these people commit such a crime...

Mental illness is not an excuse. It's an explanation. Why did he think what he did about underground bunkers? What is written in the dozens upon dozens of binders behind him in his picture? Paranoia delusions is my guess. If you think you can flip the script on this with that BS then think again. Nobody is excusing murder. What you're trying to do is blame it on people you don't agree with politically. This Isn’t some dust-ups between protesters. This is outright planned murder. This Isn’t an ideology it's a brain disorder.

A better question is how did this clearly mentally ill man have a gun in Germany with their restrictive gun laws.

well, then there should be quite a lot of mentally ill people here at ats, if you look at some threads.

yes, good question. how can someone like that legally own a gun? he worked quite normally and probably never noticed doing anything negative. unfortunately, you can't look people in the head.

Interesting
Sad day in Germany

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: dashen

I'm going to call this one as a combination of untreated mental illness and too much 4chan

i think that every murderer is mentally ill in some way. he was a radical conspiracy theorist who legally possessed a gun. the question is, what are such actions based on? and can't it be that the ongoing rush against certain population groups contributes to this?

Condolences to the innocent in this horror. I struggle to understand, even after all this time, how someone can become so detached from humanity as to target unknown people and end their existence for their last acts in life.

Tragedy in large letters.

😥

The media spin will be horrible to watch.

i personally believe that the internet plays a big role here. unfortunately there are people who believe that germany is being taken over by muslims or that the german people should be exchanged. such theories can be found in many radical right wing forums. in reality the 6% muslims living in germany are a normal part of our society.

So what is the answer? After all, censorship of the internet is the equivalent of old fashioned book burning.

maybe people should stop demonising whole population groups. maybe people should stop spreading lies. maybe people should stop voting for right-wing populist parties that demonise muslims on a daily basis. i know that other groups are also hostile, but this is a crime against german citizens of muslim faith.

The answer is to go back to being Eurocentric nations and all this madness will disappear. Social integration of of the third world into the first doesnt work due to tribalism

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Obviously he was a registered Democrat.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Maurice Barrés appears to be someone that believed identity required an ideological definition, it doesn't you are what you are, but of course there is the potential identity of the imagination and the greater part of social engineering is suggesting new identities for people which can even be in conflict with their actual identities, that in itself generates conflict within the psyche.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Absolute crazy people do what they do because they believe something. Everyone else can kind of have a belief system that won't end up in actually killing innocent others.
Someone here said that Nationalism is right wing. Yeah, so what? Is it now the law to be an Oikophobe? Doesn't mean everyone who likes nations is a murderer or a bad person? Right wing doesn't equal Nazi. That's quite some generalisation.

I know that all islamic attacks are always made by lone wolves, crazies and not-real-muslims, so I guess that this applies to this idiot too. Not right wing, just mad. Or not?
Think hard about this, because whatever the answer is will apply to ALL terrorists!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I guess it depends on where one lives.

If you were living in a Town/City which for most of your life had been Christian or had been Atheist and slowly one by one of those people moved out and the town/city eventually became Muslim majority and everything was changing from people, food to community halls, schools and religious buildings, you would begin asking whether in fact the Country is being taken over and you would be feeling very alone in the Town/City and would most likely want to move. He could of just packed up and left town/City but instead he took it upon himself to kill a few people off before taking his own life.

If you live in the Countryside, you wouldn't notice a Town/City being taken over.

Not excusing the fact he murdered these people, just saying how it could look through someone elses eyes.

Anyway, tha video was a bit dodgy, he didn't even talk about muslims and whether he disliked them or not. he may not have even committed this act of murder but is patsy. why murder your own Mother? doesn't make sense.
edit on 20-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Sounds like he killed Muslims because he thought the devil-worshipping child murderers were all 1,000's of miles away in bunkers.

Doesn't sound mentally stable to me.

Shame you brought politics into it when people have died because a mental illness went untreated and festered for so long. Nobody is going to come in here saying 'but the left!'. That's an old trope that gets rolled out all the time, but it's not the norm.

in my eyes neo-nazis, extremists, radicals etc. are all mentally ill in a way. that just doesn't excuse anything. we have to try to understand what makes these people commit such a crime...

Mental illness is not an excuse. It's an explanation. Why did he think what he did about underground bunkers? What is written in the dozens upon dozens of binders behind him in his picture? Paranoia delusions is my guess. If you think you can flip the script on this with that BS then think again. Nobody is excusing murder. What you're trying to do is blame it on people you don't agree with politically. This Isn’t some dust-ups between protesters. This is outright planned murder. This Isn’t an ideology it's a brain disorder.

A better question is how did this clearly mentally ill man have a gun in Germany with their restrictive gun laws.

assuming you are mentally unstable and you hang around in mostly far-right-wing forums where lies about muslims are sported and at some point you believe all of this and take action. doesn't the one who spreads these lies also bear a share of responsibility?

Lies from who's perspective?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Irishhaf

Racism and nationalism are right wing, you'll have to deal with that.
Just like everybody on the left has to deal with antifa and communism being left.

Tell that to the Black man recently assaulted by a Bernie Supporter at Bernies rally

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Just like everybody on the left has to deal with antifa and communism being left.

Soviet Russian wasnt Nationalistic?
Yeah ok

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
They're all "mentally ill" unless of course, most of these "incidents" are just setups and scripted acts to make "The Right" look bad for political smearing reasons. All too often, there's zer0 or little "proof" things actually happened. 🤕 🐑

American Democrats and the NWO organizations have many PR firms working for them 😃 🎯

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Puhleeeeze. You just want to go and destroy 10,000 years of human history by going all happy clappy?

Your part of the genus Humanicus Killicus Everythingus. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They're all "mentally ill" unless of course, most of these "incidents" are just setups and scripted acts to make "The Right" look bad for political smearing reasons. All too often, there's zer0 or little "proof" things actually happened. 🤕 🐑

American Democrats and the NWO organizations have many PR firms working for them 😃 🎯

So true. In a world of deep fakes who's to know what is and what isn't real. In the end the technocrat/oligarchs will win because we wont be able to tell reality from fiction. Bring on the CME and put us all back on a level playing field

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Shooting 10 innocent people is not a right wing or left wing act, it was an act of terror .

Dude was crazy...

Shooting 10 innocent people isn't an act of terror, it's just plain murder. Dead people don't feel terror.

Terrorism is when you try to instill fear into people to get them to do something. Like saying all people of a certain group are evil so you need to hate and fear them.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If you're going to make conclusions by stereotyping people, you can add that strapping on bomb vests and yelling "alha akbar" just before they detonate is a Muslim thing. Is that really where you want to go?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join