It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Global Day of Protest on 2 Year Iraq Anniversary

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Michael Moore is putting together a protest on the second anniversary of the liberation of Iraq. The protest makes sense, and these are some of the specific talking points they're going to use:

Get the US and it's "coalition" of one out of Iraq and put Saddam back in power.

Stop disrupting Arab unity -- America is at fault for Lebanon not getting along with Syria.

Those little brown arabs aren't ready for democracy, stop forcing a white, upper class ideal down the throat of those poor, ignorant arabs who are a step lower on the evolutionary ladder than the mighty liberal elite.

America must stop forcing freedom on people all over the world, even the enlightened, more evolved liberals in oppressed nations. People want to be oppressed, that's why so many professors move to America and teach students how horrible the country they moved to is. Freedom = bad. Opression = good.

The elections are a farce because they worked out. Had they ended in many soldiers, police and civilians getting killed, tortured, etc. it would have been proof the elections took place without an American puppet government taking over. The proof would be if the liberals were right. Or if the new Iraqi government agreed with Ted Kennedy on everything. Otherwise it was a farce.

Final talking point: Impeach Bush: He's anti-abortion because he likes to eat live babies, not dead ones.

Sounds like it's going to be a very informative protest grounded in reality.




posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I havent heard about this. Could you provide a link for more info?



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sure, it's on the Moore's website:

www.michaelmoore.com...



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   



Those little brown arabs aren't ready for democracy, stop forcing a white, upper class ideal down the throat of those poor, ignorant arabs who are a step lower on the evolutionary ladder than the mighty liberal elite.

America must stop forcing freedom on people all over the world, even the enlightened, more evolved liberals in oppressed nations. People want to be oppressed, that's why so many professors move to America and teach students how horrible the country they moved to is. Freedom = bad. Opression = good.


Is this you thoughts? It doesnt sound like micheal moore?



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That is my interpretation of why people think the liberation of the Iraqi people is a horrible, horrible thing. That, and they don't want it to happen when a republican's in power. Good things can only happen when a democrat is in power. Otherwise they're evil.



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Get the US and it's "coalition" of one out of Iraq and put Saddam back in power.

Stop disrupting Arab unity -- America is at fault for Lebanon not getting along with Syria.

Those little brown arabs aren't ready for democracy, stop forcing a white, upper class ideal down the throat of those poor, ignorant arabs who are a step lower on the evolutionary ladder than the mighty liberal elite.

America must stop forcing freedom on people all over the world, even the enlightened, more evolved liberals in oppressed nations. People want to be oppressed, that's why so many professors move to America and teach students how horrible the country they moved to is. Freedom = bad. Opression = good.

The elections are a farce because they worked out. Had they ended in many soldiers, police and civilians getting killed, tortured, etc. it would have been proof the elections took place without an American puppet government taking over. The proof would be if the liberals were right. Or if the new Iraqi government agreed with Ted Kennedy on everything. Otherwise it was a farce.

Final talking point: Impeach Bush: He's anti-abortion because he likes to eat live babies, not dead ones.



I went to the link you posted, and NONE of what you say above was on that site. Isnt that slander?



Sounds like it's going to be a very informative protest grounded in reality.


Sounds like someone doesnt like MM or Liberals and are back to bashing.........

Everything you said was your OPINION and NOT a part of the site or a part of the planned protest.......as you presented it to be.



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well Im not of any arab decent, and i do think the so called "liberation" of iraq is a horrible thing in its own right.
But no this is NOT becasue they are a step behind in the evolutionary chain, or becasue they are "little brown arabs" aint ready for democracy.
It is simply becasue they have a completely different culture than america.
Now i dont know if you agree with what you wrote or you are tryign to be sarcastic, but i found your thread very racist.
Please be more thoughtfull when posting.



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Read my last post


No, I don't like Michael Moore, refer to him as the Land Whale in my head. As for liberals, I don't dislike them, I just think they can delude themselves much the same way conservatives can. It just so happens, however, that it's the liberals who are being the biggest hypocrites right now, where as the cons were during the Clinton years.

Also, no, it's not slander, I wrote it so it could, potentially, be libel. Except that it was an interpretation of why they're going to be protesting. I can't tell you how many liberals have told me the Iraqis aren't capable of freedom. What the frick is so wrong with them that they can't handle freedom?! Americans, back in the day, didn't exactly have freedom in England, yet we made it work. So, my interpretation is that there is a racist element in the liberal elite saying they're great and those people who aren't the same as them are lesser and not worthy of the freedoms the liberal elite have.

So, no, LW didn't say what I did on his site, but that is, in my opinion, about why they will be protesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the tens of people who go out to serve Mr. Land, though. Should be amusing, I hope it's really, really, really cold



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
It is simply becasue they have a completely different culture than america.

Neither was America when it got started.


Now i dont know if you agree with what you wrote or you are tryign to be sarcastic, but i found your thread very racist.

As it was supposed to come off as, because I see a huge racist movement in the extreme left. Apparently I made my point well.


Please be more thoughtfull when posting.

I was


[edit on 3-10-2005 by junglejake]



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ok now the extreme left are the same as the extreme right....so you can say the liberals have it all wrong, when i can say the redneck conservative saying thigns like "bomb the little brown #s to hell" are also very wrong.

Also just abit off topic here but i still feel like it needs to be said. You are born free, america does NOT give you freedom. It just doesnt limit your freedoms as much as dictatorships. In your FREE country can you walk downyour FREE street, minding your own FREE business, while smoking a joint? No, so just exactly think how free you are.



posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Ok now the extreme left are the same as the extreme right....so you can say the liberals have it all wrong, when i can say the redneck conservative saying thigns like "bomb the little brown #s to hell" are also very wrong.

Also just abit off topic here but i still feel like it needs to be said. You are born free, america does NOT give you freedom. It just doesnt limit your freedoms as much as dictatorships. In your FREE country can you walk downyour FREE street, minding your own FREE business, while smoking a joint? No, so just exactly think how free you are.


Well, total freedom would be anarchy, and if that were the case I would probably be dead today because murder would be lawful. My FREE country allows me to say what I want to say, believe what I want to believe (for now), and yet have the safety of knowing that most people won't break into my house and steal my stuff because they're NOT free to violate my rights. As for the pot thing, that's a whole other issue, and I, personally, believe it should be legal. See? Freedom. I can say the governing bodies are wrong and not worry about reprisals. Ask an Iraqi 3 years ago if they felt as though they could share their opinion with anyone, then ask one today. The answers would be vastly different; I know this because I've read many, many Iraqi blogs.

As to your comment about the "redneck" conservatives, how can you with clean conscience say my comments were racist while using a derogatory term for a white person in your next post?



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join