It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have I never been polled?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm watching MSNBC and they are showing that Biden is polling 2nd in Nevada.

Who in Nevada is still backing Biden?

The dude Kornaki I think is his name is saying Nevada is impossible to poll....

Who has ever been polled or know how they do such a thing?

Lolz🤪

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Why have I never been polled?
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Usually you poll around 1000 respondents, and that would mean that 99.97% of Nevada's population would NOT be polled in any one poll.

So..

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Who does?

I'm 40 and live in what I think is a battleground district.

I have never been polled.

Ilhan Omar is the incumbent in my district and I have strong opinions but she is polling at 60%....

🤪Lolz

edit on 19-2-2020 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I've been polled twice. I just answered my phone.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They usually poll a small sample of the population and try to get it to confirm the results they want so you can’t trust polls.
edit on 2020/2/19 by Metallicus because: Sp

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So they normally poll registered Democratic voters.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I rest my case...they poll people that will give them the answers they want.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

When I registered to vote, I didn't include my cell phone number.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What answers? Answers like "Hello"?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yea, the fact that showed up and answered so quickly says most of what I was trying to get across.

Wasnt Hillary polling at 93% or something crazy the night before the election?

Its just "funny" no one has ever called me.

I guess I havent had a land line in 20 years.....

Lolz🤪

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Honest question,

They call your cell phone?

Who is calling?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

They usually poll a small sample of the population and try to get it to confirm the results they want so you can’t trust polls.

The samples are incredibly tiny. They also go back to the well of where they got the results they wanted before. Normally done during non business hours when non working people are at home watching the View or doing absolutely nothing of value. If you work for a living during the day highly unlikely they are calling you. Oh, and if they don't like the results they are being paid to achieve it gets tossed in the can.

This info I got directly from an NPR segment on polling but also studying polling procedures on the major players. It's fairly accurate though. Look at all the opinions they missed in 2016. Their data and results prove their own methods are flawed and biased.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I heard once that 9 out of 10 people polled said it hurt like hell and they would not wish to receive the poll again.

Yeah, polls are a joke. Sort of like China's official China Pox numbers, take them with a grain of salt because they likely stemmed from a random number generator run until the desired biases of whoever conducted said poll is met and the results say whatever they wanted them to say.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Honest question,

They call your cell phone?

Who is calling?

Yes, they call my cell phone. I don't remember the first one, but the last one was a research group out of Texas, I'm in California, asking me generic questions about my political knowledge and preferences and opinions, on a scale from 1-10...questions like "How important is the economy in your voting decision?" How important is climate change in your voting decision?"

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You never been polled because you're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I dont want to be polled. How can I be sure the person on the other end of the line isnt some loon with a bunch of bombs waiting for an address to be sent to..

Or maybe I hate phones so much I just never answer them unless I know the person is someone I dont mind talking to. Ya.... I think it's that. But, I have never been polled.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

You never been polled because you're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

I think this was the answer I was looking for!

Warren just called herself a horse faced lesbian on this debate!

Case closed....

Lolz🤪

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Biden just mentioned the nbc "poll" 7 times in 1 minute!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was polled awhile back. They asked me if I minded answering some questions. This was back when Ron Paul was running for President. I said, I don't think I'm the target you're looking for as I'm neutral. The person said, all opinions are valid in the poll. I said, well I don't see the point but go ahead, I won't stop you.

Was asked, do you know who Obama is? Do you know who Romney is? Etc. Then I started getting asked political questions. Are you democrat or republican. Neither. What do you think about such-and-such an issue. Neutral. You can't answer neutral I was told. I said what do you mean? The pollster said you have to take a side. I said no I don't. I don't take sides in politics. I'm neutral. He said I can't accept that answer, I said well then I guess we're done. He said no let's go to the next question. Again the same thing. I'm neutral. You can't use that answer, no one answers that way. I said I know, I'm a very small minority that refrains from politics and from taking sides in political affairs.

Was asked some other weird questions. Like, do you believe in ESP? I answered, if you mean that certain people have extrasensory powers, of course not. But I do believe wicked spirits can produce such effects in certain people that claim to have ESP. So he said, that is a yes? I said, well no I don't believe people have ESP, but I know there are people with the influence of wicked spirits that can produce effects they claim is ESP, if they aren't scamming you to begin with. So is it a yes or no? I said, put no. Then he asked, do you know where the United Nations is? I said, well it's in New York, New York isn't it? He said, I can't tell you just answer if you know where it is or not. I said well I'm pretty sure it's in New York, NY. That was about it.

Then I started getting calls after that by the same polling company for the rest of the polling season and I kept giving them neutral to all the political questions. I wonder how they factored me into it all.
edit on 19-2-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SimpleIdea
I was polled awhile back. They asked me if I minded answering some questions. This was back when Ron Paul was running for President. I said, I don't think I'm the target you're looking for as I'm neutral. The person said, all opinions are valid in the poll. I said, well I don't see the point but go ahead, I won't stop you.

Was asked, do you know who Obama is? Do you know who Romney is? Etc. Then I started getting asked political questions. Are you democrat or republican. Neither. What do you think about such-and-such an issue. Neutral. You can't answer neutral I was told. I said what do you mean? The pollster said you have to take a side. I said no I don't. I don't take sides in politics. I'm neutral. He said I can't accept that answer, I said well then I guess we're done. He said no let's go to the next question. Again the same thing. I'm neutral. You can't use that answer, no one answers that way. I said I know, I'm a very small minority that refrains from politics and from taking sides in political affairs.

Was asked some other weird questions. Like, do you believe in ESP? I answered, if you mean that certain people have extrasensory powers, of course not. But I do believe wicked spirits can produce such effects in certain people that claim to have ESP. So he said, that is a yes? I said, well no I don't believe people have ESP, but I know there are people with the influence of wicked spirits that can produce effects they claim is ESP, if they aren't scamming you to begin with. So is it a yes or no? I said, put no. Then he asked, do you know where the United Nations is? I said, well it's in New York, New York isn't it? He said, I can't tell you just answer if you know where it is or not. I said well I'm pretty sure it's in New York, NY. That was about it.

Then I started getting calls after that by the same polling company for the rest of the polling season and I kept giving them neutral to all the political questions. I wonder how they factored me into it all.

Wow! You are so smart!

Lolz🤪

top topics

<<   2 >>

join