It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student, James King, learns first hand about the US police state.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Once again, this occurred in 2016. In the four years since this event occurred the police haven't tried to refute James' account. Instead they have tried to get things thrown out due to a technicality. Why would the police do this if James wasn't telling the truth?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
What happened to his shirt? Was he walking to his internship without a shirt, or did the police rip it off of him? Listening to his side of the story, you’d think he wasn’t resisting and they were beating him for no good reason. I know that happens sometimes because we have about 18,000 police agencies in the USA and about 800,000 officers with authority to make arrests. There will always be bad ones in a population of that size, but my interactions with and personal observations of police have almost always been favorable, or at least neutral. I have dealt with a few jerks in uniform and some who just went through the motions of doing their jobs. But every time I’ve called them for help they’ve been professional and I was glad to see them.

I generally side with the police because they do a job you couldn’t pay me enough to do — responding to the worst things going on in their area and dealing with the worst people in our society. Nowadays, they get very little respect and people feel free to verbally abuse them while recording them on video. They often appear frustrated and demoralized when this happens. Also, you rarely hear about citizens helping an officer struggling to get a resisting person under control. I’ve seen many videos where bystanders are eagerly recording a struggle instead of helping out.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Bloodworth

If the police even had the slightest justification for their actions, why has that not been their defense for the past four years? Instead they are arguing a technicality.

No idea, was the FBI involved? If it was campus security or local pd I'm sure it would have addressed quicker.
FBI are very hard to bring into court.

When I was in highschool these 2 kids 17 or so came into the school at night during a play
..they were wasted and dropped a 40oz in the hallway.
Got into an altercation with a janitor and left the school.
Police were called and these 2 were picked up and brought back to the school. The cops beat the crap out of this 1 kid for resisting.
They hand cuffed him, and while walking him out put his head through a glass door.
Then when he fell to the ground they lifted his head by his hair and maced him.
A female officer behind him kicked him right in the balls.

Kid was poor, went to jail, kicked out of school.

He never got any justice. There was a whole debate as to why the officers brought the kids back to the school.

Nothing ever happened

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One time I was introduced to a retired officer by people who claimed he tossed suspects off the roof on numerous occasions. It's not just cops hiding cops, and the same people who threw people out if helicopters during Vietnam tended towards law enforcement afterwards. That's not a indictment against the justice system but when you have dozens of competing enforcement agencies operating in the same space it makes accountability hard if not impossible. We should have 2 organizations - usm that operates abroad and usp that operates here and we are headed that way with many cities moving towards county wide enforcement like the sheriff in lieu of a local department, part of which of course is to increase fines and decrease not guilty pleas

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I mean its almost as if people in the police should be made to take psychological evaluations every other week
and not just after using their firearms or seeing something traumatic , at sign up they need psych evaluation to see if they are lacking empathy or compassion

too many sociopaths and such in the police force

top topics

<< 1   >>

join