It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What posts were the cause of a WARNING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok, so, after two warnings today, I'm going to try to tone things down and stop knee-jerk responding to every post, but...

Since the warning doesn't actually reference the post itself, how do I know what I actually said that triggered the warning?

I'm asking seriously. It's like getting slapped, and being told 'you know why I slapped you', but whatever I'm being slapped for was something I said or did 10 minutes, or an hour ago.

So, is there a way for me to actually go back and look at whatever I posted that triggered the warning?

Thanks
edit on 19-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree, perhaps the offending post, or the pertinent portion of it could be included in the PM'd warning.

Just a little copy and paste wouldn't be too onerous.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This annoys me, and I can't believe they operate like that,punishments without clarity/reasons clearly quoted as explanation.

Really wish they'd quote what they took issue with, I've been in that boat. Sometimes I have an inkling of what stick I poked a bear with, but other times? No fricking clue what set a mod off about a post.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You can also contact the staffer who gave out the warning(s).

We'll be more than happy, happy may not be the right word, to explain what prompted the warning.

Just reply to the PM, and that staffer will, hopefully quickly, get back to you about it. It isn't always right away...as RL has a disconcerting habit of interfering with my ATS time...just like it does everyone else.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
You can also contact the staffer who gave out the warning(s).

Really? Then why does it say, very clearly, as the last word in the text of the warning:

"...
Do not reply to this U2U."

In 'Off Topic' and 'Ill-Mannered' Post Removed notices, it does say:

"(Reply to this U2U for more information from ModeratorHandle.)"

But not in warnings, it specifically says NOT to reply.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Meh. Someone complained or 'alerted' a post of yours. Sometimes that's all it takes for mod actions to happen. Don't take it personal. It's not exactly a high-stakes contest here. Just carry on and be you.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Usually your post that was edited by a MOD. Here is yours

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Dude that send a pm the mod that sent it.
I have many times in the past and they will be more than happy to explain it plus no hard feelings.
Then after you do that refresh yourself on the T@C.
Easy as that dude.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Make a new u2u man.
If the mod in question has a problem with that method the person will tell you how to do so another way.
Though I don’t think there is one besides doing what you are doing.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke
Meh. Someone complained or 'alerted' a post of yours. Sometimes that's all it takes for mod actions to happen. Don't take it personal. It's not exactly a high-stakes contest here. Just carry on and be you.

I'm not taking it personally, I simply want to try to learn what is deemed inappropriate enough to warrant a formal Warning, so I can maybe stop doing it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If you have a question regarding any Staff action, contact a member of Staff and we would be happy to discuss it with you. We never discuss any action with anyone but the member involved.

Question answered. Thread closed.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I believe that that is a left over legacy thing from the early days.

But just send a separate PM to that mod, or anyone on staff. They'll put you in contact with that staffer as quickly as possible.

We want you to contact us with issues. That's kinda our job here.

top topics

join