It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you prefer black kitties?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I don't like cats.

a reply to: PandaPrincess

Probably because cats are our bosses, do you like your boss at work?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: hombero
I don't like cats.

Probably because cats are our bosses, do you like your boss at work?

I love cats and hate my boss

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My daughter has a dog and I can’t stand the thing. I have always loved cats and find them to be the perfect pet. Cats are a noble predator while dogs are scavengers. Cats and humans have a relationship based upon mutual respect. Dogs are like that clingy girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This is DC. He's even a bit bigger now. He was an abandoned 3-week-old in September. We had to bottle feed him and get him through weaning.

He's a smart cookie. He'll likely be the first cat I've had who's able to open doors by jumping up and wrapping his paws around the handle. The only impediment right now is that he's got medium length fur and his footies slip.

He also thinks he's the master of the universe. He's the one who demands while his partner in crime Shazam stands back and watches him do it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I cannot for the life of me find any old photos of him, but our old Geezer Kitty died about 6 years ago, he made it to 24 -- I'd had him since I was a tween. He was a floofy pitch black cat, with strong presumed Ragdoll breed genetics (i.e VERY floofy) We thought it was cute that the older he got, more very dark rust-like red came through in his fur. He had a gorgeous tint to his overall solid black fur because of that.

He was very mellow and gentle, seriously laid back personality in that old boy. Nothing bothered him, ever. Not even babies/toddlers. He used to sleep with the kids in the cribs when they were babies. Not on them, but off to a corner like he was guarding them or something, it was very cute. He'd sit forever and put up with them brushing him, albeit roughly the first few tries until they learned to be more gentle as toddlers.

His thing that we swear was human-like was his propensity to "hug" you if you were sad or upset. He'd stand on your lap with his front paws on each shoulder and nuzzle his head up back by either ear, as if to say "It's ok, human, it's ok!" He was really something else, I've never had another cat that....intuitive.

I miss him, I don't think there's ever going to be another cat like him in my life

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I remember! Soooooo stinkin' cute!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Got to admit I do like black cats...

One night when I was in my teens I was coming home late and had been partying a bit. Walking by a drain a heard a little meow! There was a kitten down in one of those drains and I couldn't reach it, I finally grabbed a branch that was laying nearby and stuck my head in and laid it where hopefully it would climb up. LOL, it wasn't stupid it immediately clawed up the branch up my arm and out of the sewer. It was a little totally black kitten, he was missing his tail couldn't tell if he was born that way or somebody abused him.

It was cold that evening and he followed me all the way home, I gave him some milk and a little tuna fish on the back porch steps watched him eat a little bit and stood up to go inside LOL this cat climbed up my leg then my back and sat on my shoulder like I'm going where ever you are going. I was a good cat too, LOL I would go to walk to a friend's house and it would run climb up my leg and sit on my shoulder where ever I would go. My friend and I'd play basketball or whatever and when I'd leave the cat would follow me back home till I'd stop and let it climb up or put it on my shoulder. Finally, after about 8 weeks he disappeared and I never saw him again.
edit on 19-2-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I don't like that ending.

I found my first black kitten outside in the snow while walking to school in the 6th grade.

Of course I scooped the little darlin' up and brought her back to my mom, who cried, "what are doing to me" since we already had a cat and 2 dogs.

But Miss Kitty was a living doll, I loved that cat and I was devastated when she died about 15 yrs later.

My dad was so mad that I brought home another cat and he screamed like a crazy person and then Miss Kitty went missing. For hours me and my mom went nuts looking for her and we were convinced my father did something to her...

Then I saw my dog Bobo with his ass end sticking out of the fold away bed (tail waggin) and I pulled him out and there was Miss Kitty, happy as a clam inside the fold away bed.

I love both cats and dogs and they endlessly amuse and entertain me.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: putnam6

I don't like that ending.

I found my first black kitten outside in the snow while walking to school in the 6th grade.

Of course I scooped the little darlin' up and brought her back to my mom, who cried, "what are doing to me" since we already had a cat and 2 dogs.

But Miss Kitty was a living doll, I loved that cat and I was devastated when she died about 15 yrs later.

My dad was so mad that I brought home another cat and he screamed like a crazy person and then Miss Kitty went missing. For hours me and my mom went nuts looking for her and we were convinced my father did something to her...

Then I saw my dog Bobo with his ass end sticking out of the fold away bed (tail waggin) and I pulled him out and there was Miss Kitty, happy as a clam inside the fold away bed.

I love both cats and dogs and they endlessly amuse and entertain me.

It was almost like it needed to get back to being healthy then it hit the road, this was in a fairly wooded area it had loads of places to go and roam around. Earlier we had a beautiful solid black Persian cat that would disappear for a while then comeback beat all to hell, we would have her fixed up and then she would disappear some more.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The "never seen again" ending makes me a little uncomfortable, too. On one hand, the kitty could have been rescued and brought into someone's home/taken to a shelter for adoption -- which is good either way! -- OR...it could have been a neighbor like ours, and had a bad outcome. A neighbor had threatened to shoot the Geezer if they saw him outside again. We'd been leaving a little food & water outside for him, since he was a neighborhood stray and hung around our house most often. One of the elderly neighbors had assumed he WAS our outdoor cat, and literally, to our faces, told us to keep him inside or he was going to shoot him if he ever saw him stalking wild birds & lizards again.

Geezer came inside permanently after that threat. The SOB would have followed through on it, and we knew it. That cat did not deserve to be aerated because some old prick didn't like how he ate. I don't know what was wrong with that guy, but he was downright nasty about everything under the sun, including animals.

The rest is history I already mentioned above, so it did work out. But there are nasty assholes out there that will kill a stray animal not actually bothering them if they so much as look at them funny. Or just for sick kicks, those freaks are out there, too. I'm going to assume Putnam's little buddy ended up in a nice home, spoiled rotten instead of the alternatives.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yep, I have learned that cat haters and pittie haters are the worst people in the world.

My cats stay inside!!

I love birds too, and I feed them....but some bird lovers are mental and kill cats because they believe that garbage the smithsonian put out about them.

Don't go there!

Geezer is a cute name, named after Geezer Butler? lol

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Maggy is very cute.

I wasn't really a cat person but my heart was melted when Jess came into my life. Jess is my neighbours cat but about 3 years ago she came and made friends with me while I was sitting reading in the garden. She was soon up on my lap and purring away. She just loves attention and always finds the best sun spots!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

looks just like my Lucy!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Yep, I have learned that cat haters and pittie haters are the worst people in the world.

Yay!
I am not one of the worst people in the world.
I don’t hate pitties .
I don’t hate cats either.
I do harbor some dislike for cats.
Unfortunately, cats seem to like me.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

My cats stay inside!!

I love birds too, and I feed them....but some bird lovers are mental and kill cats because they believe that garbage the smithsonian put out about them.

Don't go there!

Geezer is a cute name, named after Geezer Butler? lol

Actually, it was just a nickname, along with Old Man. His actual name was Spooky, but evolved over the years to Pooh. As in Winnie The Pooh. He was just a gentle and patient as the bear, and it was a very apt name in the end

Spooky, Spookis, Spookers, Pook, Pookie, Pookers, Pookie Pooh, Pooh-Pooh, Poosie, etc. He had a nickname list that didn't quit, and he answered to all of them, lmao.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You know why that is?

When a cat comes into a room full of cat lovers and one cat hater, the see a group of people all aggressively trying to get their attention and one person aggressively trying not to. The one person not trying to get their attention is naturally the safe one.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't mind any kind of....ooh kitties. My dyslexia is causing me grief today.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Chocolates calicos and vans as the latter sometimes have odd eye color frequency/vibration!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

prob should change the title of the thread

But I absolutely adores black cats and I always have one!

ps yours is precious!

thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join