It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are not any the wiser on Gravity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Its 2020 and for the most part our understanding of Gravity is Still primitive. Nothing can bend space so gravity is not
result of bent space. Then if you hang two spheres of 20 kilogram weight from the ceiling and about 1 centimetre apart the Spears will gravitate towards each other so what causes this attraction what I can think of is the binding energy that causes Gravity inside the sphere there are forces of Cohesion and edition and this do not proper get into space to some extent but I think gravity is caused by the binding energy please excuse the spelling as I am using the talking version

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Why do you think or say 'nothing can bend space'.

Have you got a rulebook?

What we call 'gravity' is an observable and measurable phenomena of the reality we share. And it is more complex than words or numbers we know can describe.

Simply put though....like attracts like. In this case, mass. Or matter.

Or maybe it doesnt matter. It could be an illusion.

Either way, we experience it together on this spinning mass in the cosmos.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It's not gravity making the weights move together.....

It's the hanging strings trying to tangle.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
More is known about Gravity but only certain people have this knowledge. That's my take on it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Why do you believe nothing can bend space. Are you aware we have shown it does? Bottom line everything with mass effects the space around it not sure why you would believe otherwise.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

It's not gravity making the weights move together.....

It's the hanging strings trying to tangle.

Another one of nature's unexplainable phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

because we are not - its as simple as that

yours is an " ignorance of the gaps " failure

500 years ago - no one understood a myriad of basic sciences that are now taught to 12 yer olds - and that all but a small number of cultists now accept and understand

so - why is gravity - so important to you ???

we fully understand the effects of gravity on earth - and rely on them for several things

so why is the underlying explainer vital to you - and what would we be able to do - if we " cracked " it ?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

there are other forces at work here as well ,

Gravity , the weak force, electromagnetism and the strong force
Gravity is working on pulling both downward , but also each ball has its own gravitational influence because of its mass
and acts on each other as well.

anyway , one of the greatest experiments ever conducted to support Newtons theory of gravitation was as at Schiehallion in Scotland

Schiehallion experiment

To say we are no further forward is a lie

as we detected the first gravitational waves in 2015 giving more support to the theory of gravity as a fundamental force of nature.

Gravitational waves discovered

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I think the acceleration of the Universe expanding was evidence gravity is a generated force by some process rather than a static attribute of matter. The idea would be like the Dorothy Hamill affect where as the force of gravity increases it would be light tightening the string on a pendulum or Dorothy pulling her arms closer to her body. But all my physicists friends say my amateur BS is irrelevant. The dogma of the standard model is like cement.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

so - why is gravity - so important to you ???

The conspiracy theory is the propulsion and power systems behind the tic-tac UFOs would solve the World's energy problems and make fossil fuel obsolete. They talk about the nature of the tic-tac's capabilities in this video:

After 200 years of being leverage into poverty by Big Oil it would be nice to have a viable alternative. It's just amazing how every branch of science progresses by light years except energy production.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Because we are not running the right test due to improper direction. It has more re to do with electricity, magnetism, boyancy and shape oh and scale than what they go by. It's like electric universe theory. The sattelites and space rockets don't have the right equipment to test the real direction. Scale and shape play a big role too. Scalding in and out changes gravity at our perception.

This goes all the way back to the double slit experiment.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's not that surprising energy 'production' is difficult at all when there is literally a universal law that energy cannot be created.

It's one of the most linear and correlated progressions in all of science.

Unless the UFO's technology is an efficiency modifier, it's still safe to assume it runs on Electricity and not some magical force.

I would first assume a 'gravity engine' is producing gravity, and not exploiting it; our Earth's gravity is an extremely weak force that could never power anything.

Naturally, this means the UFO has an enormous footprint and is not some life-saving energy, it's a propulsion force. Do rocket cars hold any secrets to energy creation? No? They just burn tons of fuel? Then why would a UFO?

There's only 2 realistic outlooks.
A gravity engine produces power equal to 9.8m/s^2, and is trash.
or
A gravity engine creates gravity for force, at the cost of electricity.

Neither of these would 'help people' very much and definitely wouldn't solve the power crisis. Especially when compared to the potential future applications of solar power. With neutrino capture, the concept of generating power itself would be obsolete. We are literally swimming in energy at all times, constantly, without rest.
edit on 19-2-2020 by idiotseverywhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles
...Nothing can bend space so ...

Sorry man. That was just a bar-trick.
Am not really able to bend much other than a few ears, and a couple of fenders... LoL !
Seems like Bender can bend stuff tho.

As to astrophysics: gravity is a measure of how Sirius things are.

First: if you want to believe in 'realish' gravity, you have to believe in 'fake' gravity as well:Is Gravity An Illusion? | Space Time | PBS Digital Studios.

On the other hand: what is 'realish' gravity, if we are in a simulation ? You are a Simulation & Physics Can Prove It: George Smoot at TEDxSalford.

No need to thank me.
Please excuse the effort, as am using the slacker-version.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't think gravitational waves were discovered it was just again 2 April Einstein's general relativity in my opinion

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Military applications.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Add to that gravity's amazing affect on time. So much to learn.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles
a reply to: sapien82

I don't think gravitational waves were discovered it was just again 2 April Einstein's general relativity in my opinion

Discovered when detected , only theorised , and since theories arent exactly reality , but theory until objective evidence proves them so

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Nothing can bend space so gravity is not result of bent space

You know that the space/time fabric being curved by gravity (mass) has already been proven , yes ?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Nothing can bend space so gravity is not result of bent space

You know that the space/time fabric being curved by gravity (mass) has already been proven , yes ?

That’s better than the flat earthers that don’t even believe in gravity?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

To me it’s just Newton’s Law, That why Newton’s Law are still used (and works) in our Solar System to sling-shot spacecraft around planets, like Voyager. The problem we create for ourselves comes because of inductive and capacitive makeup of the area or body.
Electromagnetism, chemical makeup and light particle interaction is the part where we guess. I’m currently down the rabbit hole on particle studies, the electric universe and photon interaction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join